Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Space New York!
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

at this point, id rather just have it open as an edm yolo club to keep the noobs away from the good things we have going on.

Old Post May-13-2014 16:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino
at this point, id rather just have it open as an edm yolo club to keep the annoying noobs away from the good things we have going on.

slight change

Old Post May-13-2014 17:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

from today....

quote:
Words can't describe how thrilled we are to announce that the world's best nightclub, Space Ibiza is opening its doors in the greatest city on Earth – New York, in September. Spread the word and stay tuned for updates!

Last edited by PvDoBseSSioN on Aug-08-2014 at 17:27

Old Post Aug-08-2014 02:13  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
viperx29
Senior tranceaddict

Nice!! Did they keep CC as opener for the club or is it someone diff now?

Old Post Aug-08-2014 02:50  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for viperx29 Click here to Send viperx29 a Private Message Add viperx29 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

beyond pumped for this to finally open! hopefully its the weekend im in NYC next month!

Old Post Aug-08-2014 12:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by viperx29
Nice!! Did they keep CC as opener for the club or is it someone diff now?

was there ever even the case?

Old Post Aug-08-2014 13:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

meh
cheesey tribal tattoo on the ceiling and walls
tables on the dance floor. puke
dj booth all lit up with led's
reminds me of marqee a little bit
hope the sound and line-ups are on point

Old Post Aug-08-2014 15:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

they posted another one

Old Post Aug-08-2014 17:27  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ravracer16
Supreme tranceaddict

VIP on the dance floor is already making me think this incarnation of Space will not last long.

what i love so much about Space Ibiza is that it just one massive dance floor and you barely notice the VIP sections... the one on the second level and the other one towards the back by the DJ booth.

But if they can throw a 'We Love' party starting in the day and going till night then I'm in.

Old Post Aug-08-2014 17:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ravracer16 Click here to Send ravracer16 a Private Message Add ravracer16 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by ravracer16
VIP on the dance floor is already making me think this incarnation of Space will not last long.

what i love so much about Space Ibiza is that it just one massive dance floor and you barely notice the VIP sections... the one on the second level and the other one towards the back by the DJ booth.

But if they can throw a 'We Love' party starting in the day and going till night then I'm in.

Yeah but it's off to the side. It looks like a lot of dnace floor real estate to me.

I love these threads always have naysayers and then the club opens and everyone's all like "ah yeah man, had a great time, nice place."

You really think Space Ibiza is gonna construct some bullshit-schmtuz version in NYC? NO way...

Old Post Aug-08-2014 18:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

I wouldn't get too excited about this. Think a blend between Pacha and Marqee. The only way to experience Space is to fly to Spain.

Old Post Aug-08-2014 22:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
crazydave023
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
I wouldn't get too excited about this. Think a blend between Pacha and Marqee. The only way to experience Space is to fly to Spain.

I kind of have to agree. They are going to try to cater to both crowds. The mainstream EDM people who pay good money and get bottle service but also they will try and book solid "underground" DJ's for the real fans. You have to remember that this is Midtown Manhattan so they undoubtedly will attract the business/bottle/YOLO/Bridge & tunnel crowd. They probably will also try to keep credibility amongst the actual "fans" by booking some good DJ's/non-cheese. But you have to expect that on certain nights (particularly some Saturdays) that it will attract the types of crowds that we so loathe.

Based on what I am hearing with Sankeys closing, this club might be here at the right time at the right place. As a lifelong Manhattanite, I am cautiously optimistic because I have seen how quickly some of these clubs come and go. For the last decade, we have seen the clamping down/ tapering down
of some of the larger club venues in Manhattan and i don't think that that is a good thing for the reputation of the New York club scene. Glad to see that it is in Manhattan though because we need larger venues (1000+) here that don't suck, and also will survive over the long term while remaining credible among the fans and customers.

But like it was said earlier in the thread, we will see.

/bring back Exit and Twilo
//and then later Crobar
///those days are never coming back, are they?

Old Post Aug-09-2014 12:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for crazydave023 Click here to Send crazydave023 a Private Message Add crazydave023 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Space New York!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack played by Derrick may needed [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlazmatek- "Star" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread