Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Sneaker Pimp TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread

This thread is dedicated to Review any event any TA’s have been to in Toronto. Cheers!

Old Post Aug-02-2014 01:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

did seth troxler no show? lol. bob moses fake vocal the whole time just made me mad, mic not even plugged in they weren't fooling anyone.. ty MJC for holding it down though, she played a good set. had a super good time regardless though met a bunch of old pals

Old Post Aug-05-2014 04:54  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

I think he did no show. I left just after 10 and figured he woulda been on by then. An explanation from these promoters would be nice.

Sound was missing the mids, too bass heavy. Music was alright, plodding at times though.

Moment of the night: Olivia Chow showing up and introducing Bob Moses. I had a smile on my face for that.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Aug-05-2014 05:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

missed olivia chow due to friend driving to scarborough for a drug run lol. sven vath first show will never be out done at electric island it seems. and did the promoter announce tale of us for next island party ? they weren't the best last year

Old Post Aug-05-2014 05:09  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

It looks like I picked a good one to skip out on.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 13:12  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

You definitely did, it was my least favourite Island party thus far. Crappy weather, music wasn't too good IMO, Troxler no-show, Olivia Chow yammering on to the crowd etc

Old Post Aug-05-2014 13:39  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

The Troxler no show was the worst. No one said anything about it at the event...probably not to ruin the vibe. But it seems like they knew about it well in advance, cuz everyone else played extended sets. Like this event's ticket price was based on this guy coming, otherwise it woulda been cheaper.

But to be honest, the music itself was good in some spots only, from whatever I could make out anyway. Like I said, I couldn't hear the mids that well, everything was like a boom-tiss throughout. It was cool hearing the live stuff Bob Moses was doing, some melodic mellow tracks that I enjoyed. MJC upped the tempo and played a bit harder, but it wasn't anything too different from what we heard before and I don't think Seth woulda changed it up too much but who knows. I was waiting for him to come on but it became apparent at like around 9:30 that he wasn't gonna come. I know these things go till 10:30 so I was thinking maybe it'd go even late, and we'd see this guy but I was doubting it.

He was supposed to do the afterparty too, so it's a double whammy.

Yeah they have Hot Since 82, Tale of Us, and Jamie XX for the next one. We've already had two of these performers come already to EI. Hot Since 82 is always good but Tale of Us was OK last year. They shoulda got someone newer and bigger (i.e. Maceo Plex, Dusky, DIGWEED, some old school guys maybe like Danny Howells or something.)

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Aug-05-2014 14:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

Yeah besides HS82, not feeling the next lineup top much.

And WTF happened to Troxler?

Old Post Aug-05-2014 14:26  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pett
Supreme tranceaddict

For the record they did announce the no show early on.
I also find it funny that a hilarious 2 and a half minute plur speach annoyed some. Show some support to people in power that support you.

We had a great time yesterday. Thought the sound system was great. Just had to move around a bit to find the good spots. Plenty of volume this time around.

Mary Jane Coles was def set of the night but even felt that she was holding back a bit too much at times.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 17:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pett Click here to Send Pett a Private Message Add Pett to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

2.5 minutes too many.

I don't need to, and don't want to hear anyone pandering for votes when I'm at a party.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 18:09  Croatia
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Originally posted by Special K
2.5 minutes too many.

I don't need to, and don't want to hear anyone pandering for votes when I'm at a party.

basically, people paid money to attend olivia chow political rally. some people are cool with this. but what if rob ford showed up instead. lulz

politics has no business at electric island or other edm events. i certainly won't be attending any future electric island events

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Aug-05-2014 19:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Yeah they announced the no show before MJC... i knew something was up once i realized bob moses was playing for 90mins... a good group of the crowd booed, the others prbly didnt even know who seth was... me and my friends were pissed off when they announced it... I know Seth n the Martinez Bros did a Tuskgee Record label party on Govenors Island in NY on Sunday so he most likely got to retarded to come to Toronto...
really really shitty that he didnt show... i would have went to the after party but too but was to cheesed to waste more cash...
that was the second let down of the event the first was when i showed up and seen the line up for labour day... i was under the impression Maceo was playing but instead seen Tale of Us... kind of weak that this is the 2nd year and they already having repeat headliners Seth, Tale of Us, Hot Since 82.... im not saying i dont like those artists i just like seeing new talent... Steve Lawler or anybody from Hot Creations I would have lovrd to see at EI...
a couple of side notes
Alot of younger punk-ish looking kids in the crowd... many of them didnt know shit about who there were listening to most likely there for the drugs...
i liked bob moses, i didnt notice the lip syncing thou...
MJC was great, first time aseeing her... but i was to pissed about seth to go to the after party...
i missed the olivia chow thing... but i would have thrown my size 12 nikes at her if i seen her ugly mug on stage lol i was told that she said she wants to make Toronto the next Berlin.. bhahaha clearly someone told her to say that...

Old Post Aug-05-2014 19:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktune ID please - sounds very euro [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDe Donatis - "The Virus 2003" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread