Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > JP-8000 Disabling Local Switch
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
No Left Turn
Supreme tranceaddict

JP-8000 Disabling Local Switch

Lately, I've just been trying to make my studio more "comfortable" to work with. Less of the tedious processes that aren't really that big of a deal, but nice to get rid of. So I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to turn off the "Local Switch" and have it stay off instead of having to do it everytime I turn on the JP.

Old Post Jan-12-2007 22:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for No Left Turn Click here to Send No Left Turn a Private Message Visit No Left Turn's homepage! Add No Left Turn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rusty O'Hara
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Jan-13-2007 07:25  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty O'Hara Click here to Send Rusty O'Hara a Private Message Add Rusty O'Hara to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

i have been trying to figure that out on my jp-8080. I don't think it's possible grr

Old Post Jan-13-2007 07:58  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rusty O'Hara
Supreme tranceaddict

I had a quick look in the manual, and my previous post was telling how to turn it off. (Hence why I deleted it, after rereading yours)

Will have a look next time I'm in the studio and see if I can see how to overwrite the global saved settings.

Old Post Jan-13-2007 08:59  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty O'Hara Click here to Send Rusty O'Hara a Private Message Add Rusty O'Hara to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

MEGA THREAD NECRO

Anyone figure this out? Local Switch keeps defaulting to On when I turn on my JP8000.. I want it to default to off.

Old Post Aug-18-2014 22:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Subtle
Subreme tranceaddict

Don't turn it off man!

Its not possible though, probably the idea is that you should be able to use the synth every time you power it on.

http://soundcloud.com/subtara

Old Post Aug-19-2014 00:43  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Subtle Click here to Send Subtle a Private Message Visit Subtle's homepage! Add Subtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lucidity
Twilight Vanquisher

What does the "local switch" do? I have an 8080, never noticed it.

Old Post Aug-19-2014 13:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Lucidity Click here to Send Lucidity a Private Message Visit Lucidity's homepage! Add Lucidity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
Originally posted by Lucidity
What does the "local switch" do? I have an 8080, never noticed it.

It probably is just an option on the 8000. I believe it just stops the keyboard from triggering notes to itself. You basically have to route the MIDI OUT of the JP8000 to the MIDI IN for it to play. Useful when you want to use the JP8000 as a controller.

Old Post Aug-19-2014 14:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
Originally posted by Subtle
Don't turn it off man!

Its not possible though, probably the idea is that you should be able to use the synth every time you power it on.

Out of all my synths, and probably any that I've ever owned, turning off the JP8000 and getting it back to the state I had it in is the biggest hassle. Even with boot mode "last-pcm" or whatever enabled. Maybe I need to play around more with that setting...

I tried updating to the last OS, 1.05.. it helped some MIDI issues I was having, but not the Local Switch Off problem... although it did fix the Local Switch option. That wasn't working at all in v1.02.

I probably would be best off just keeping it on.. it is an old synth, though. But I imagine power cycling does more damage over time. Maybe not, though...

Last edited by alanzo on Aug-19-2014 at 14:24

Old Post Aug-19-2014 14:16  United States
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

I just found a big discussion on the topic of whether or not to turn off a synth:

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/vi...t=32572&start=0

Old Post Aug-19-2014 14:22  United States
Subtle
Subreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
I probably would be best off just keeping it on.. it is an old synth, though. But I imagine power cycling does more damage over time. Maybe not, though...
I'm a little worried, mine has been basically ON for years, and im a bit worried if its good or bad, the power supply is indeed hot as a result.

http://soundcloud.com/subtara

Old Post Aug-19-2014 14:55  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Subtle Click here to Send Subtle a Private Message Visit Subtle's homepage! Add Subtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
Out of all my synths, and probably any that I've ever owned, turning off the JP8000 and getting it back to the state I had it in is the biggest hassle. Even with boot mode "last-pcm" or whatever enabled. Maybe I need to play around more with that setting...

I tried updating to the last OS, 1.05.. it helped some MIDI issues I was having, but not the Local Switch Off problem... although it did fix the Local Switch option. That wasn't working at all in v1.02.

AFAIK, this has been a design flaw that people have been asking for an update to for years. There's no way to change the default and the only solution I ever heard of was the Last-PCM thing but no one has ever reported if it works.

Old Post Aug-21-2014 17:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > JP-8000 Disabling Local Switch
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacknew prog house tune [2006] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFlorian F - "Surreal Brazil" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread