Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Summer Mix For Marta [House]
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

One more listen through... I feel like I missed the last part of the mix, both times. Last week was a bit insane for me.

You really got it banging in the end. Nice progression, because it started off kinda floaty/dreamy. The one thing I'd like to add is that you pick tracks with really good bass-lines. Or "interesting" bass-lines, for house tunes.

"The Way You Move" track is really fucking cool (I've been drinking and didn't check the track - because lazy).

Old Post Aug-05-2014 07:48  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Cheers Stu. The last hour or so is definitely closer to my usual style. Those were mostly tracks I've had for a while and just felt like playing, whereas most of the first half of the mix was bought especially to go into this set, hence why it's perhaps a bit different to what I usually play.

The tune you're talking about is Luomo - Synkro. Amazingly, that tune is 14 years old now. Ridiculously far ahead of its time, and one of my very favourite house tracks.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Aug-05-2014 12:17  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I've only had a chance to listen to the first half but I absolutely loved what I heard... very warm, summery vibes. I'm eager to check out the second half since I'm a big liquatech fan.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Aug-05-2014 13:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

After the first listen, I can say that Marta deffo does ATM. Good job homie.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 14:28  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
The tune you're talking about is Luomo - Synkro. Amazingly, that tune is 14 years old now. Ridiculously far ahead of its time, and one of my very favourite house tracks.

Damn, that aged well, I would never have guessed 14 years. Great track.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 21:37  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
This is exactly the type of stuff I play during an opening set (the first 30-40 mins of the mix). Ilias Katelanos is a favourite of mine.

Needless to say I am enjoying this a fair bit so far Will report back when I'm done!

*edit: I'm actually quite surprised this mix is coming from you Jack lol. Did not expect you to release a mix that sounded like this to be perfectly honest I didn't in a million years envision you playing the track at 58:00 for example

Finished the whole thing... I reiterate what I said earlier, the first 50 orso minutes were spot on.

At around the 53 minute mark I was put off by a few tracks, until around the end of the Beckwith track. I don't know if you remember, but I put out a mix a couple years ago that had that sort of vibe. I liked it then but sadly I don't particularly like the sound now More of a taste issue for me personally. At around the 78 minute mark I was drawn back in by a really awesome track. Then a few more tracks I couldn't really care for, in terms of particular taste, then my favourite part of the mix started: liquatech!

Hehe I really enjoyed the Tom Middleton binge in this mix and I definitely saw the type of progression you were aiming for. I mean I don't really have anything to say in terms of the Middleton binge because I really really love that section of the mix Only weird point is that when I hear the Easy As You Can Be remix, I ALWAYS think of the beatless version (since it's the starter track of the mix on my soundcloud). Caught me off guard when I heard the kick in the track

I'm actually quite surprised that you managed to find tracks in the same keys or at least harmonically mixable so fast to be honest. The big problem with mixing these types of tracks (really pronounced airy and warm basslines), is that it is sometimes a pain to find a track that goes well with the one preceding it. Either that or DJs have the really stupid idea of layering basslines together in a mix like this Thankfully you aren't one of those people

All in all, quite enjoyable for the summer, although because of my particular music taste changes I wasn't too fond of several tracks in the middle of the mix. End of the mix was class, especially the Universal Solution and DJ Meri tracks. Good work Jack.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 23:33 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yeah, I can see the section around 50 minutes as being the weak link in the mix. Those track are arguably a more "commercial" strain of house, that chunky, ever-so-slightly electro-ish style. I personally think that Craymal is a total bomb and I'd worked out a nice transition into the Vincenzo track, so I wanted to find some tracks to go from the beach muzak vibes into that territory. And to be fair, Craymal has been the one tune that has got more "Tune!" remarks than any other in this mix with my friends so I don't regret taking that direction at all.

Pleased you enjoyed the rest of it, anyway. I don't normally mix house so feedback from guys who do means a lot. Same goes with Jay.

As for finding tunes quickly, it's easy with house because there's so much good house music out there. If I mix an atmospheric drum 'n bass set or a non-shit trance set I have to sit around for six months waiting for the eight or nine producers operating in that niche who are worth a damn to put some more tunes out. Or I scrape around for hours to find one good tune by a producer who hasn't been beaten to death by everyone else. After enduring that kind of famine, finding a couple of hours of summery house music is a piece of piss.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 01:22  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

This was really nice to have on in the background whilst working. Im afraid I cant give any detailed feedback as I wasnt listening that intently but the vibes were tres bon. Having a bbq next weekend and will be popping this on for sure.

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Aug-08-2014 10:05  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Cheers Dave. I reckon this would make for perfect barbecue music, although if the weather in London has been anything like up here, good luck.

Old Post Aug-13-2014 23:02  England
meriter
-

shit I'd love to check this out but soundcloud won't work with this operating system

Old Post Aug-14-2014 13:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Hmm, maybe Stu can come to the rescue?

Old Post Aug-14-2014 14:56  England
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Here you go:

http://www.sushipunk.net/Mixes/Summer_Mix_For_Marta.mp3

Old Post Aug-14-2014 23:05  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Summer Mix For Marta [House]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnother tune! Please ID! [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOdessi - "Moments Of Space" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread