Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Funny Way to Ask a Girl 0ut!!!
Pages (141): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

English-Zone.Com >Grammar > CONFUSING WORDS

Easy Level - All Students:

Since / For? 1
May be or Maybe?
Your or You're? 1
Your or You're? 2
Their / They're or Their?

Intermediate Level:

Homonyms 1
Homonyms 2
Homonyms 3
Homonyms 4
Homonyms 5
Homonyms 6
Homonyms 7
Homonyms 8
Good or Well?
May be or Maybe?
Do or Make 1
Do or Make 2
Do or Make 3
Borrow or Lend?
For or Since? 2
To / Too / Two
Too / Enough
Your / You're 2
Say or Tell?
Because/Even Though?
Because/Even Though?

Advanced Level:

Top 20 Confusing Words - a study box
Top 20 Confusing Words Quiz 1
Top 20 Confusing

Old Post Jul-30-2003 07:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for suhkorea Click here to Send suhkorea a Private Message Add suhkorea to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

HAHAHA

Click Here to See the Profile for suhkorea Click here to Send suhkorea a Private Message Add suhkorea to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

in the hood throw the shit up

suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

gg

Old Post Jul-30-2003 07:49 
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

good game mother ******s

Old Post Jul-30-2003 07:49 
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

108 I am here

Old Post Jul-30-2003 07:50 
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

1 more then im fucking 108 bitches

Old Post Jul-30-2003 07:50 
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAGE 108

Old Post Jul-30-2003 07:51 
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

GAY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT 108 IN 2 MORE

suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

ONE YHAHAHAHHHAHA ONE ONE ONE ONE MORE TO GO...

suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK I WAS WRONG REA DTHIS

Cutting a Long story short
Date: December 29 2002

The wrecking ball is about to penetrate where the casually dressed and the Mexican wave never did. Next year, there will be no view of the Boxing Day Test from the Long Room. But all is not lost, reports Chloe Saltau.

The stuffy atmosphere is caused by bad ventilation rather than pretension, the pillars and doors can get in the way of the cricket, and it is no place for the faint of heart at meal times when Melbourne Cricket Club members are clamouring for a roast dinner.

When, in the MCC library down the passage, a leaking roof dripped on to a new set of periodicals and a seeping air-conditioner endangered a rare book collection, librarian David Studham knew it was time to move on.

"It's our salvation," Studham says of the MCG members pavilion redevelopment, which means he will get a purpose-built library with three times as much space for the burgeoning collection, rather than the pokey room currently wedged between the Olympic Stand and the pavilion. "I can't wait."

But there are some facilities, such as the men's toilet near the committee room, that were considered sacred when it was confirmed that the MCG members' pavilion would be demolished.

And of course, the famous old viewing parlour, the Long Room, would be torn down and recreated.

The solitary urinal, with its one-way window that means no committeeman can claim to have missed a crucial wicket or a big mark because he sneaked away to the gents, is positioned perfectly behind the bowler's arm and thought by the elite few who use it to offer one of the best vantage points for cricket and football in the ground.

So there was considerable anxiety that the loo in question be part of the rebuilding plans after the pavilion, with its 74 years of history, is demolished next year.

"It had become part of folklore that while the men were predisposed, they could keep an eye on the play," explains MCC assistant secretary Peter French delicately.

"It was so unique that we wanted to recreate it in the new facility."

The wreckers will move in after next year's AFL grand final, and for the next two years there will be no Long Room from which to watch the Boxing Day Test.

But, just as Steve Waugh finally realised last month that the battered peak of his baggy green cap might disintegrate before his eyes without attention and acceded to some repairs, the members - a surprisingly unsentimental lot - mostly accept that the stand should come down as long as its traditions were preserved.

"I love this room, but financially to retain this was going to cost too much and would hold back the whole redevelopment of the MCG," says Greg Carter, a 25-year-member, leaning against a perspex display case containing one of the many ancient signed cricket bats in the Long Room.

The cases were deemed necessary when bats started vanishing from the area in the mid-1980s; now they serve as resting ledges for countless glasses of beer as the room teems with activity.

It is late afternoon on day two of the Boxing Day Test, and elderly members watch the cricket from their customary positions on the couches at the front of the room.

Some of the older members milling near the front windows lived beneath the stand when the MCG served as a base camp during the second world war.

Visiting members of the Marylebone Cricket Club, distinguishable by their blazers and ties, keep an eye on the cricket as England's top order succumbs, predictably, to Glenn McGrath, Jason Gillespie and Brett Lee.

Others appear to have lost interest in the game altogether.

"It's like my lounge room. I just love it," says Nik Papanikolaou, an attendant in the Long Room for the past 13 years who knows the guests by name and greets them like old friends.

"If you were sitting in your lounge room and there was a game of cricket going on in the back yard, would you watch the game intently all the time? You prob ably wouldn't. What really goes on in here, it's the people," he says.

"People think it's quaint and elitist, but it's not any more. Anyone can be a member here; you just put your name down and wait, it's that hard."

A few years ago, a member reached into the pocket of his suit and extracted a golf ball. In the hallowed Long Room, a game of cricket broke out. Only last Thursday, a game of two-up developed.

"We frown on that, but really we have a little chuckle about it as well," Papanikolaou says.

"The best part of the stand is this room. I trust the committee (to preserve its traditions) because they love it more than anyone."

Next year, the members will have to make do with dining areas in other stands around the MCG. But Bruce Vawser, aged 73 and an MCC member since 1956, is equally philosophical.

"This old building had to go, it's got behind the times now," he says.

"They can't hold the crowds in the Long Room to get drinks on a busy day like Boxing Day. It was a schemozzle; the ladies get trampled on."

If Steve Waugh was worried that a new baggy green would have "no stories to tell", there is no danger that a new Long Room will extinguish the memories held by the members who have crowded the parlour during Melbourne Tests past.

Vawser is a former district cricketer who opened the batting with Ian Redpath at South Melbourne.

He would congregate in the Long Room with teammates and opponents each year, and hardly misses a Test.

Carter refers to the 1977 Centenary Test spent in the Long Room, mingling with past cricketers and politicians alike, as "the best six days of my life. They'd all walk by and come up and talk to to you. It was just incredible. It didn't matter who they were, they'd come and have a beer with you. I spoke to (English wicketkeeping great) Godfrey Evans and (former Liberal leader) Billy Sneddon. It was wonderful, you'd never get that again."

The recollections of John Buncle, also a member since the 1956 intake, are more personal.

"My father put my name down for membership when I was about three months old and he died about 10 months before I was made a member. The Long Room, the pavilion, is probably the only part of the ground left now that I've got in common from him. That was an area that he used to watch cricket and football from," he says.

Next Boxing Day there will be no Long Room, but if the elderly members can hang on, they will be able to reclaim their positions in 2005 on the leather couches that will survive its "replication".

French says the presidential portraits and cricketing memorabilia that line the walls will be replaced in the new, two-tiered Long Room, with its full-length windows for unimpeded viewing, its bigger bar and dining areas and a "less ostentatious" MCC-embossed carpet.

Needless to say, the committee room toilet will survive, too.

This material is subject to copyright and any unauthorised use, copying or mirroring is prohibited.

[TheAge Home | Text-only index]

Cutting a Long story short
Date: December 29 2002

The wrecking ball is about to penetrate where the casually dressed and the Mexican wave never did. Next year, there will be no view of the Boxing Day Test from the Long Room. But all is not lost, reports Chloe Saltau.

The stuffy atmosphere is caused by bad ventilation rather than pretension, the pillars and doors can get in the way of the cricket, and it is no place for the faint of heart at meal times when Melbourne Cricket Club members are clamouring for a roast dinner.

When, in the MCC library down the passage, a leaking roof dripped on to a new set of periodicals and a seeping air-conditioner endangered a rare book collection, librarian David Studham knew it was time to move on.

"It's our salvation," Studham says of the MCG members pavilion redevelopment, which means he will get a purpose-built library with three times as much space for the burgeoning collection, rather than the pokey room currently wedged between the Olympic Stand and the pavilion. "I can't wait."

But there are some facilities, such as the men's toilet near the committee room, that were considered sacred when it was confirmed that the MCG members' pavilion would be demolished.

And of course, the famous old viewing parlour, the Long Room, would be torn down and recreated.

The solitary urinal, with its one-way window that means no committeeman can claim to have missed a crucial wicket or a big mark because he sneaked away to the gents, is positioned perfectly behind the bowler's arm and thought by the elite few who use it to offer one of the best vantage points for cricket and football in the ground.

So there was considerable anxiety that the loo in question be part of the rebuilding plans after the pavilion, with its 74 years of history, is demolished next year.

"It had become part of folklore that while the men were predisposed, they could keep an eye on the play," explains MCC assistant secretary Peter French delicately.

"It was so unique that we wanted to recreate it in the new facility."

The wreckers will move in after next year's AFL grand final, and for the next two years there will be no Long Room from which to watch the Boxing Day Test.

But, just as Steve Waugh finally realised last month that the battered peak of his baggy green cap might disintegrate before his eyes without attention and acceded to some repairs, the members - a surprisingly unsentimental lot - mostly accept that the stand should come down as long as its traditions were preserved.

"I love this room, but financially to retain this was going to cost too much and would hold back the whole redevelopment of the MCG," says Greg Carter, a 25-year-member, leaning against a perspex display case containing one of the many ancient signed cricket bats in the Long Room.

The cases were deemed necessary when bats started vanishing from the area in the mid-1980s; now they serve as resting ledges for countless glasses of beer as the room teems with activity.

It is late afternoon on day two of the Boxing Day Test, and elderly members watch the cricket from their customary positions on the couches at the front of the room.

Some of the older members milling near the front windows lived beneath the stand when the MCG served as a base camp during the second world war.

Visiting members of the Marylebone Cricket Club, distinguishable by their blazers and ties, keep an eye on the cricket as England's top order succumbs, predictably, to Glenn McGrath, Jason Gillespie and Brett Lee.

Others appear to have lost interest in the game altogether.

"It's like my lounge room. I just love it," says Nik Papanikolaou, an attendant in the Long Room for the past 13 years who knows the guests by name and greets them like old friends.

"If you were sitting in your lounge room and there was a game of cricket going on in the back yard, would you watch the game intently all the time? You prob ably wouldn't. What really goes on in here, it's the people," he says.

"People think it's quaint and elitist, but it's not any more. Anyone can be a member here; you just put your name down and wait, it's that hard."

A few years ago, a member reached into the pocket of his suit and extracted a golf ball. In the hallowed Long Room, a game of cricket broke out. Only last Thursday, a game of two-up developed.

"We frown on that, but really we have a little chuckle about it as well," Papanikolaou says.

"The best part of the stand is this room. I trust the committee (to preserve its traditions) because they love it more than anyone."

Next year, the members will have to make do with dining areas in other stands around the MCG. But Bruce Vawser, aged 73 and an MCC member since 1956, is equally philosophical.

"This old building had to go, it's got behind the times now," he says.

"They can't hold the crowds in the Long Room to get drinks on a busy day like Boxing Day. It was a schemozzle; the ladies get trampled on."

If Steve Waugh was worried that a new baggy green would have "no stories to tell", there is no danger that a new Long Room will extinguish the memories held by the members who have crowded the parlour during Melbourne Tests past.

Vawser is a former district cricketer who opened the batting with Ian Redpath at South Melbourne.

He would congregate in the Long Room with teammates and opponents each year, and hardly misses a Test.

Carter refers to the 1977 Centenary Test spent in the Long Room, mingling with past cricketers and politicians alike, as "the best six days of my life. They'd all walk by and come up and talk to to you. It was just incredible. It didn't matter who they were, they'd come and have a beer with you. I spoke to (English wicketkeeping great) Godfrey Evans and (former Liberal leader) Billy Sneddon. It was wonderful, you'd never get that again."

The recollections of John Buncle, also a member since the 1956 intake, are more personal.

"My father put my name down for membership when I was about three months old and he died about 10 months before I was made a member. The Long Room, the pavilion, is probably the only part of the ground left now that I've got in common from him. That was an area that he used to watch cricket and football from," he says.

Next Boxing Day there will be no Long Room, but if the elderly members can hang on, they will be able to reclaim their positions in 2005 on the leather couches that will survive its "replication".

French says the presidential portraits and cricketing memorabilia that line the walls will be replaced in the new, two-tiered Long Room, with its full-length windows for unimpeded viewing, its bigger bar and dining areas and a "less ostentatious" MCC-embossed carpet.

Needless to say, the committee room toilet will survive, too.

This material is subject to copyright and any unauthorised use, copying or mirroring is prohibited.

[TheAge Home | Text-only index]

Old Post Jul-30-2003 07:52 
suhkorea
trancEaddict in JAIL

2 pac is tha shit ever

Old Post Jul-30-2003 07:52 

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Funny Way to Ask a Girl 0ut!!!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (141): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHouse ID = VOCAL = "Your Love Is All I Need" [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPMT - "Deeper Water" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread