Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Pages (37): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
meriter
-

Question Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?

That ravey shit you used to hear all the time in the early 00's. Pitch Black, Automatic Records, Hooj Choons, Forensic, and the heavier Bedrock stuff. Where do you find that sound these days? Anyone?

Old Post Jan-06-2010 18:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I guess your not looking for the Coldharbour Stuff? Because there is some pretty nice rather dark coldharbour stuff around 04/05.

Old Post Jan-06-2010 18:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

I mean who's representing that sound now?

Old Post Jan-06-2010 18:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Mo-Shic? He still props up that kind of sound.

To be honest, the fate of dark prog and the fate of Bedrock are pretty much the same: slowly turned into peak time tech-house.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-06-2010 18:21  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

No one?
I mean there still is some nice, dark progressive trance/progressive House around, but it doesn't sound like the stuff did back in the day.

Old Post Jan-06-2010 18:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Schadenfreude
Bird is the word.

Location: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa- Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-

like system j said, this went the tech route. Many kids are using a term that i absolutely despise these days: "Progno".

Whooooooo Hawwwww Whoooooo Hawwwww. - Busta Rhymes 3:16

www.soundcloud.com/le-freak

Le Freak - Funk for Cows (pure fat bitch haus..click and free wet naps.)

Old Post Jan-06-2010 18:22  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for Schadenfreude Click here to Send Schadenfreude a Private Message Add Schadenfreude to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Yeah Moshic is the only name that comes to mind.

Everyone else is going techno/tech-house, sadly (imo).

Old Post Jan-06-2010 20:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Schadenfreude
Bird is the word.

Location: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa- Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-

it isn't the same, but there are still elements of the prog of old in the music of new.

I love 70's rock, but i am honest when i say that if every rock song today was made following the 70's formula it would not be a good thing.

Prog will come back, just like disco has died and re emerged more times than Elvis in a tabloid. Trends are cyclical.

Old Post Jan-06-2010 20:48  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for Schadenfreude Click here to Send Schadenfreude a Private Message Add Schadenfreude to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

There's more to prog than just the dark prog sound, anyway. There's still lots of good progressive being made, just not much of the dark stuff.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-06-2010 21:21  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Schadenfreude
Bird is the word.

i hear you, my statement was very generalized as per my intention.

Old Post Jan-06-2010 21:24  Kazakhstan
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

Josh Lasden:

Old Post Jan-06-2010 22:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
A.B
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?

quote:
Originally posted by meriter
Hooj Choons,

Are you talking along the lines of Gardner & Thomas, Jark Prongo etc?

Old Post Jan-06-2010 23:11  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for A.B Click here to Send A.B a Private Message Add A.B to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (37): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFrom Lange Set. [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFrancesco Farfa - "The Search" (Time & Space Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread