Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Prometheus, epic stuff
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Endlesswave
Resident GreekCypriot.

I get what you're saying j but I still had a great time watching it and also check out this:

Prometheus explained

Old Post Jun-13-2012 23:21  Cyprus
Click Here to See the Profile for Endlesswave Click here to Send Endlesswave a Private Message Add Endlesswave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
Supreme tranceaddict

So, engineers terraform a planet, and in realizing that not much would come of the life forms on said planet, they decide to wipe them out and start from scratch. So...

is this what happened to the dinosaurs?

Old Post Jun-14-2012 00:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spam
OMG Hai2U!

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
one doesn’t need to be a system-j-esque cinema expert to know Prometheus sucked the wang.

alien => Prometheus.
empire strikes back => phantom menace.

Sure, but...

Prometheus > Phantom Menace

And I gave Phantom a 6.5

Bullshit.
Those forces combine to create a soaking, boiling mudstorm on Valentine's Day.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 03:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spam Click here to Send Spam a Private Message Add Spam to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

there are few big budget scifi films worse than the phantom menace!

Old Post Jun-14-2012 04:08  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Just saw it today.

I can see where a lot of the criticism came from, but I actually really enjoyed it overall. I thought both David and Dr Shaw were done really well. The other characters, yeah not so much.

Charlize in skintight clothes for nearly the whole film, well, that was pretty ok too

Old Post Jun-14-2012 05:39  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

She looked better in Snow White. Just don't pay to see it.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 05:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
She looked better in Snow White. Just don't pay to see it.

I won't be seeing it, lol.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 05:52  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

are you kidding me stu? what was there to like in this abortion?

Old Post Jun-14-2012 06:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
are you kidding me stu? what was there to like in this abortion?

It's sci-fi, man. I fucking love sci-fi, even if it's not perfect. Like I said just before, I can see why there is a lot of criticism - None of that (for me) was enough to make the film un-enjoyable It raised some interesting questions about the overall story, which I look forward to having answered in the next film(s).

Maybe I just wasn't expecting as much out of it? I certainly wasn't expecting anything of the calibre of Alien. I don't think it was trying to be that, though.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 06:14  Australia
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

I fucking love dogs. doesn’t mean I eat their shit though.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 06:32  Australia
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
I love fucking dogs.

TMI.

Prometheus really wasn't shit though Mediocre, at worst. I just think everyone is being way too critical because they were expecting it to be something different than what it was. There was a shitload of hype on it, with Ridley Scott doing an Alien thing. It was never going to be Alien.

Some of the plot was clunky? Fine. Not ideal, sure, but it wasn't shit. Some shitty characters? Ok - there were some really good ones too, and the crap ones didn't have much screen time, really. Lots of un-answered questions? Good (there will be a sequel, obviously, and you know damn well you'll go and see it).

I'm obviously not a film critic like all y'all. I enjoyed this for what it is, and "this" was pretty cool, IMO.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 08:06  Australia
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
expecting it to be something different than what it was.

yes, they were expecting it to be good!

quote:
It was never going to be Alien.

the only thing i wanted from alien in prometheus was for the film to be good. i didn't care if it wasn't a monster film or an action monster film or whatever. just a good film.

quote:
Some of the plot was clunky? Fine. Not ideal, sure, but it wasn't shit. Some shitty characters? Ok - there were some really good ones too, and the crap ones didn't have much screen time, really. Lots of un-answered questions?

it had no substance whatsoever, unless that substance was brown and sticky and smelled like nou.

quote:
Good (there will be a sequel, obviously, and you know damn well you'll go and see it).

nah it can suck my nuts. not going to the cinema for the second half of the shit sandwich.

quote:
I'm obviously not a film critic like all y'all. I enjoyed this for what it is, and "this" was pretty cool, IMO.

yeah that's why im so vocal about it. im in no way an afficiendo, and i think a lot of that can be a total total wank. i can be easily pleased, especially in my fave genres. but this film was a mess.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 08:39  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Prometheus, epic stuff
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackneed a name for this Goa trance song [2011] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFunkbox - Coming [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread