Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Steve Angello gets publicly bashed yet again.
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
He's no phony alright!

I'm not saying he is. He understands image very well, and how to control it. He knows what people expect to see and he gives it to them, even if it means touching a bunch of knobs so minutely that it has no effect on the actual sound.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 03:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

true story

The sit down / jump up thing is from south america (argentina) and then people caught wind of it and started doing it at circo loco.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 03:32  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ozmozis
Music is the Vibe

Re: true story

quote:
Originally posted by Special K
The sit down / jump up thing is from south america (argentina) and then people caught wind of it and started doing it at circo loco.

+1

Old Post Apr-12-2012 03:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ozmozis Click here to Send Ozmozis a Private Message Visit Ozmozis's homepage! Add Ozmozis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Special K

wherever it originated don't tell me that steve angello didn't jack the idea from DC10

he's been doing it in every single club he plays too, what a fag

Old Post Apr-12-2012 03:47  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm just waiting to hear of him busting out the foam fingers.

Or foam hand hearts, more likely.

What's next, the SHM mix of the dollar dance?

Old Post Apr-12-2012 03:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

Lemme guess, he's probably trying to start something new.

Unfortunately, his fans probably think its a cool thing he does at all his parties.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 03:58  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

remember when this was cool too?

he knows what's up

(him in liverpool sometime ago)

Old Post Apr-12-2012 04:03  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
edit: almost hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago. Shit.

we are getting old

Old Post Apr-12-2012 04:05  Russia
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
hah I disagree, I think it's obvious Angello loves that sound because him and his swedish bro's are really good at making mega successful commercial hits... whether or not u like it, millions love it right now... there is credibility in that

i dont think there is credibility in millions liking his music

he's bastardizing the genre we all like, although i do appreciate the fact that he has opened up the music to the masses and younger generations and also partly invented this shitmusic style. I'm pretty open minded usually when it comes to this stuff but there is nothing really interesting about what he's doing nowadays, musically.

also you have to see his studio sessions, there are tons of videos online, he thinks of the crowd as complete idiots. It's like "what is the worst thing i can come up with right now that these guys are going to like?" they sit in the studio and play with a tom sound then add a kick and a snare to it, make it loud as fuck with some additional noise and your track is finished, it's quite embarassing for such a high caliber producer tbh..

Old Post Apr-12-2012 04:08  Russia
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by geroin

remember when this was cool too?

he knows what's up

(him in liverpool sometime ago)

Was it before this video? Cause if it was after thats even more funny.

Hotties in der!

Old Post Apr-12-2012 04:10  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
he's bastardizing the genre we all like

I think that recent Steve Lawler quote about the sounds being essentially different genres is right on. I don't see it as bastardizing the scene we love. I think there is plenty of space for both to coexist without infringing on each other. The SHM and Avicii scene isn't taking away from the 'legitimate' house scene, it's creating a new fan base altogether. So what if the mainstream's view of house is tainted? House has always been misunderstood by the masses, whether it's drugs or sex or race. Who cares what they think? As long as there are people who create quality house music and attend their events, our scene will always exist. House has dealt with far worse and come out stronger for the struggle.

I have a hard time believing that many people who go to SHM's shows will be doing it for more than a couple years tops. They'll either stop altogether or maybe seek out more authentic sounds.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 04:33  United States
cb_32
tranceaddict

of course hes a douche hes half greek

Old Post Apr-12-2012 06:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for cb_32 Click here to Send cb_32 a Private Message Add cb_32 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Steve Angello gets publicly bashed yet again.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSimply awesome proggy tune - new link added [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBastard Runners - "Don't Start Me Down" (Pink vs ELO) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread