Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > The fall of EDM is coming...
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
Coachella isn't an EDM festival, they just have an EDM stage (yes, just one, neither the Do Lab or Yuma are mainstream EDM). Lollapalooza is also not an EDM festival

congrats on your wedding my bro!

Old Post Sep-11-2015 15:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

TomorrowWorld canceled.

I almost feel like a fortune teller!!! Most of the SFX stuff was losing money BIG time. Surprisingly even Beatport.

Old Post Mar-02-2016 17:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
TomorrowWorld canceled.

I almost feel like a fortune teller!!! Most of the SFX stuff was losing money BIG time. Surprisingly even Beatport.

I don't think this had much to do with SFX but more with the terrible flooding and weather (and the way SFX handled it)

Move TW to the west coast please!

Old Post Mar-02-2016 18:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
I don't think this had much to do with SFX but more with the terrible flooding and weather (and the way SFX handled it)

Move TW to the west coast please!

Are they suing? Or getting ready to sue?

I think it's not happening more due financial reason. Let me find the fact sheet of what they owe, and they owe a considerable amount to the people contracted to do TomorrowWorld.

Old Post Mar-02-2016 19:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

SFX Bankruptcy Filing Provides Detailed Finance Info, Shows a Company Falling Short

http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...nance-documents

quote:
North American live events generated $140 million in revenue in both 2014 and 2015, but losses more than doubled, from $5 million to $13.2 million. Other live events segments, including international live events and ticketing, had positive earnings in 2015

I would assume a lot of debt was towards TW their newest event. There's another breakdown that I think shows the specific vendors but I can't find it (traveling and posting via my phone). I'm sure someone else can that can search in front of an actual computer.

Old Post Mar-02-2016 19:35  United States
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
SFX Bankruptcy Filing Provides Detailed Finance Info, Shows a Company Falling Short

http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...nance-documents

I would assume a lot of debt was towards TW their newest event. There's another breakdown that I think shows the specific vendors but I can't find it (traveling and posting via my phone). I'm sure someone else can that can search in front of an actual computer.

We wrote about it and have the breakdown in the article:

http://edmlife.com/sfx-bankruptcy-f...0-01-per-share/

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Mar-02-2016 20:42  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Idk if it's saturation, or people being over WMC.

Most of the parties aren't selling out. Last few years they always sold out well in advance. I am getting email blasts for discount codes and specials for the pool parties, something that I don't think I have ever gotten. Granted in sure the weekend pool parties will sell out, but the ones leading up to the weekend usually do as well.

I'm probably talking to my self now because this place is so dead, but I'm bored out of my mind right now lol

Old Post Mar-16-2016 16:35  United States
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
Idk if it's saturation, or people being over WMC.

I'll never go to WMC/ultra because I've heard almost nothing but bad things. All the good stories I hear are from a long, long time ago.

Might be related, if this is something commonplace it might explain why there are less recurring people and less new people.

Old Post Mar-16-2016 19:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
I'll never go to WMC/ultra because I've heard almost nothing but bad things. All the good stories I hear are from a long, long time ago.

Might be related, if this is something commonplace it might explain why there are less recurring people and less new people.

I love Miami. I think it's beautiful! But WMC week has become a bitch n a half! If I were to go, it would be during the earlier part of the week. When there are less people there. Those were always the fun parties. It's when the weekends hits that it gets stupid.

BPM is the same. The earlier parties were always the funnest. Less people. Less douche bags.

Old Post Mar-17-2016 00:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
BPM is the same. The earlier parties were always the funnest. Less people. Less douche bags.

Even after BPM, Playa Del Carmen has awesome DJs playing. Obviously right after BPM is when there's more (tailgating BPM), but seems like all year long Playa is playing techno in some big clubs.

I just hung out with Loco Dice down there in Playa at Blue Parrot a few weeks ago on my trip to Cancun. Totally unexpected because I went down there because another friend was playing in Cancun, I had no idea Dice was going to be down there.

Old Post Mar-17-2016 01:40  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

On a side note.

I was surprised on how many Canadians live down there in Playa all year long. It also seemed like most of them were working for BPM or certain clubs down there.

Old Post Mar-17-2016 01:43  United States
SillySilvia
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
On a side note.

I was surprised on how many Canadians live down there in Playa all year long. It also seemed like most of them were working for BPM or certain clubs down there.

You should have seen all the Canadians at SXMFestival. Granted, the promoter was Canadian.

Old Post Mar-17-2016 23:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SillySilvia Click here to Send SillySilvia a Private Message Add SillySilvia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > The fall of EDM is coming...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBefore Deadmau5's Set at Nature One Aug 2, 2009 [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPerpetuous Dreamer - The Sound of Goodbye (Armin van Buurens Tribal Feel Dub) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread