Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite Oliver Lieb track?
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Tweak
Do geniuses not make mistakes? Do geniuses not have periods where their genius desserts them?

I thought these were requirements to be labelled a genius.

My point was that I think he made a lot of good tracks, but relatively few great tracks. Most of his music seems tasteful, credible and "proper" so they're easy to like, but few of them have that spark of genius.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-12-2011 11:36  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

whoever claims lieb not to be a genius of edm is either deaf, dumb or just jealous and tries to put everyone else down to try to raise himself. knowing you from earlier post i would suggest the latter. you truly have some issues.

i cant pick a favorite track of his but the black album is the best album ever made, in any genre.

Old Post May-12-2011 15:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

quote:
Originally posted by clay
whoever claims lieb not to be a genius of edm is either deaf, dumb or just jealous and tries to put everyone else down to try to raise himself. knowing you from earlier post i would suggest the latter. you truly have some issues.

Klangkarussell - Sternenkinder

Old Post May-12-2011 15:28  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

quote:
Originally posted by Redd

i assumed this would be missunderstood lol.

Old Post May-12-2011 16:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

Old Post May-12-2011 18:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-12-2011 20:18  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

even though junios vasquez remix is alot hotter:

Old Post May-12-2011 20:23 
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

its too bad a certain local message board does not exist anymore.

they booked lieb a few years back at an after hours here and it was the definition of epic fail. People were so upset at how bad the set was that they bashed him mercilessly online....then he started trying to defend his artistry online and got raped.

easily one of my top 5 worst nights ever, but the internet lulz with him crawling away with his tail firmly planted between his legs was priceless.

Old Post May-12-2011 20:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

was it because he didnt play his 20 year old tracks but something new instead? some crowds are really useless. he was here for halloween two years in a row recently and aparantly both nights was awesome. it was recorded too, great sets both of them but northing like the stuff he is known for. artists evolve, you cant expect them to be the same all through their careers. except superstar djs like tiesto and armin. no progression at all.

Old Post May-12-2011 20:40 
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

it was just a night of garabge music, garbage mixing, and just overall garbage.

so genius.

Old Post May-12-2011 20:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

was it a dj set or a liveact or what? he is really not a dj though. havent experienced him live myself so i cant know whether he is completely into his own ass doing hiw own thing ignoring the crowd but the sets ive downloaded are great nevertheless. but that doesnt really help if the club expected 90s trance and he played minimal. i blame the bookers and promoters if it was a fail, the probably promoted it as a trance night?

Old Post May-12-2011 20:46 
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by clay
was it because he didnt play his 20 year old tracks but something new instead? some crowds are really useless. he was here for halloween two years in a row recently and aparantly both nights was awesome. it was recorded too, great sets both of them but northing like the stuff he is known for. artists evolve, you cant expect them to be the same all through their careers. except superstar djs like tiesto and armin. no progression at all.

i never seen lieb dj, but i remember reading somewhere that he spun a few years ago in england at some club and above and beyond and a bunch of other big trance guys were booked in the other room, and he was playing with other trance acts in his room...he said the crowd was all clueless music heads who just wanted to hear "candy trance" and he dont play it

that was the last i ever heard of a lieb review...i know production wise he went the minmal/techno route. its possible that he spins more of that sound instead of trance and his productions

Old Post May-12-2011 20:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite Oliver Lieb track?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID this tune [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLiquid Team - "Fly To The Sky" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread