Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Coachella 2018
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Doc Martin b2b w/ Marquez Wyatt.

Barely have any brain cells left and caught a cold from the lack of sleep! (and maybe a mixture of the weather and dust)

Now that I would have paid good money to see!

Those two are really the the pioneers of house in LA. they've been plugging away for years and the few times I've caught each of them, they've been solid.

P.s. It's Marcus

Old Post Apr-18-2018 23:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

P.s. It's Marcus

no...it's MARQUES!

Old Post Apr-19-2018 00:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

So the z is an s.

Sue me.

I remember he had a Sunday night at Vanguard. Back then I guess I wasn't advanced enough to appreciate good house music. Was more into trance and commercial house back then. Times have changed.

I wish there was an easy way to upload some vids. I guess I could try to upload somewhere.

Looks like this weekend the campers won't be allowed to set up until 3 am Friday morning wind permitting.

Old Post Apr-19-2018 06:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:

I remember he had a Sunday night at Vanguard. Back then I guess I wasn't advanced enough to appreciate good house music. Was more into trance and commercial house back then. Times have changed.

Ah yes, DEEP @ Vanguard! Great night. Was so chill and relaxed. Never too crowded yet never dead. Solid music and a crowd that appreciated deep house. Once a month or so, he'd bring out some of the bigger names to play with him ie. Miguel Migs, Doc, etc. But for the really epic nights He'd bring out Louie Vega and his entire band. Amazing! He's also to first promoter to bring the Martinez Bros when they were just 18 or so.

He's still doing DEEP but I think it's more of a monthly party now. Usually at different venues. Just had a party last week. All Vinyl show.

Old Post Apr-19-2018 14:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Ah yes, DEEP @ Vanguard! Great night. Was so chill and relaxed. Never too crowded yet never dead. Solid music and a crowd that appreciated deep house. Once a month or so, he'd bring out some of the bigger names to play with him ie. Miguel Migs, Doc, etc. But for the really epic nights He'd bring out Louie Vega and his entire band. Amazing! He's also to first promoter to bring the Martinez Bros when they were just 18 or so.

He's still doing DEEP but I think it's more of a monthly party now. Usually at different venues. Just had a party last week. All Vinyl show.

can anyone id the track that starts around 1:15:30

Old Post Apr-19-2018 15:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal

BROOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vangaurd was my favorite venue, and had some great nights at Deep. You had space to dance and the crowd was a little older, but it was really about the music, and people understood that. You also didn't get the usual Hollywood douchbags endlessly trying to hit on anything female.

Actually one of the worst nights we had musically was Migs, he just didn't didn't give the crowd what they wanted and nearly cleared the floor by the end of his set but thankfully Marques played afterwards and brought it home.

Vega was the shit, but one of the best nights we ever had was Raul Campos (from KCRW) - amazing mix of deep house and electronic. I loved the outdoor chillout with the palm trees, doesn't get mote LA than that.

Old Post Apr-22-2018 00:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
Skipped all of the headliners. Found myself in Dolab tent more than Yuma this year.

Are you going to lightning in a bottle?

Old Post Apr-23-2018 18:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
Are you going to lightning in a bottle?

I would consider it if there was a hotel. I'm not too interested in the camping aspect of the festival.

Life would be nicer if we could remain in our 20's forever!

Old Post Apr-23-2018 21:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

I'm in my 30s, and I was at burning man for 12 days last year in a tent

you're only as old as you feel, or however the saying goes!

edit: stayed at a hotel once for coachella, it kind of killed the experience for me. it takes you away from all the magic because you're back in normal society for a while. to each their own

Last edited by jonmitz on Apr-25-2018 at 22:47

Old Post Apr-23-2018 21:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I would consider it if there was a hotel. I'm not too interested in the camping aspect of the festival.

Life would be nicer if we could remain in our 20's forever!

I gots to agree. I can;t do the roughing it anymore. I'm fine to go to the event, but I want a nice bed away form the thing when i need to hit the sack.

Old Post Apr-24-2018 18:47 

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Coachella 2018
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBinary Finary Live @ Hyperstate 99' [2003] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGeorge Benson - "Give Me the Night" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread