Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Originally posted by Endgame
Yeah I guess there's no way to do what I was trying to do. Thanks for the help guys.

Just to elaborate, it's just not possible with email authentication, because the forwarding address isn't real in the email system.

The best way 'around it', is to set up your 'reply to' field to state the forwarding address. That way, when the person receives your email, it will say the forwarding address in the reply field. They can still see the actual email address you replied from, but most people don't take notice, and just hit reply.

This will sort of solve your problem.

I used this for when I was doing tech support for a company. All the mail would come int to support@domain.com, but I would reply from bobby@domain.com. But when the customer hit reply, it always went back to support@domain.com.

Old Post Feb-22-2010 19:34  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon
bell mobility 5.0.0.411 with deleted vendor.xml

Then that link won't work, that link is pointed at whereever Bell has the file located etc... I don't know why, or how it works. But each carrier can put thier own shit on the device software and it directs wherever they want. Ie. buy rogers shit, buy rogers games, etc.. the upgrade to 5.0 was a huge deal for them because people had the non-legit version which FUBAR'ed up a lot of BBs and created a HUGE influx of tech support calls to their centers. So, that link won't work for your device..

However, just delete that link/app/upgrade. Put in Appworld like LKD said and have at it, get it that way. Much easier...

Old Post Feb-23-2010 04:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
Just to elaborate, it's just not possible with email authentication, because the forwarding address isn't real in the email system.

The best way 'around it', is to set up your 'reply to' field to state the forwarding address. That way, when the person receives your email, it will say the forwarding address in the reply field. They can still see the actual email address you replied from, but most people don't take notice, and just hit reply.

This will sort of solve your problem.

I used this for when I was doing tech support for a company. All the mail would come int to support@domain.com[/email], but I would reply from bobby@domain.com. But when the customer hit reply, it always went back to [email]support@domain.com.

What he said!

Old Post Feb-23-2010 04:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
Then that link won't work, that link is pointed at whereever Bell has the file located etc... I don't know why, or how it works. But each carrier can put thier own shit on the device software and it directs wherever they want. Ie. buy rogers shit, buy rogers games, etc.. the upgrade to 5.0 was a huge deal for them because people had the non-legit version which FUBAR'ed up a lot of BBs and created a HUGE influx of tech support calls to their centers. So, that link won't work for your device..

However, just delete that link/app/upgrade. Put in Appworld like LKD said and have at it, get it that way. Much easier...

does rogers have a 5.0 for my 9000? if there is one i would rather install that.

Old Post Feb-23-2010 04:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
does rogers have a 5.0 for my 9000? if there is one i would rather install that.

latest is 4.6

https://www.blackberry.com/Download...26CDC4E3D.node1

why can't you just do the appworld thing? :s

Old Post Feb-23-2010 04:28  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:

No Rogers yet...

Try the Zain Kuwait - Bold 9000: OS 5.0.0.464

https://www.blackberry.com/Download...980E001B0BD9842

Old Post Feb-23-2010 04:35  Canada
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
why can't you just do the appworld thing? :s

if i download bbm through appworld will that fix my browser automatically?

Old Post Feb-23-2010 06:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
if i download bbm through appworld will that fix my browser automatically?

oh wait..hold on...I've been reading this all wrong...so bbm works fine but the browser is stuck on the bbm download page....?

did you do a battery pull to reset all apps? if so, try reinstalling the browser. You'll have to do it through app loader in desktop manager....do a quick google search on uninstalling and reinstalling it though.

just remember you MUST have the native browser if you want to do OTA installations.

Old Post Feb-23-2010 07:59  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

so i upgraded to 5.0.0.464 (indosat) and everything works fine now.

Old Post Feb-23-2010 19:46 
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
so i upgraded to 5.0.0.464 (indosat) and everything works fine now.

good stuff...I'm waiting for a proper leaked OS that's higher than .425 for my storm that's meant for a 9530 instead of the 9500 OS I installed

Old Post Feb-23-2010 20:13  United Arab Emirates
chinamon
el shit disturbo

so.. liana just left me the bestest voicemail ever that made me piss my pants. is there any way i can record it? rogers only allows me to save it for ten days

Old Post Feb-23-2010 21:14 
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
so.. liana just left me the bestest voicemail ever that made me piss my pants. is there any way i can record it? rogers only allows me to save it for ten days

get a 3.5mm jack to 3.5 mm jack cord, plug your BB to the input on your computer, load up recording software and while it's playing hit record on a recording software of your choice.

(of course you have to switch to headset mode on the BB)

Old Post Feb-23-2010 22:53  United Arab Emirates

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackhelp ID track from end of ordinary world [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMisja Helsloot - First Second (Original Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread