Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Bobby Fist Pump
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Eco
Yeah but some of these guys' draw for a big room crowd is also pretty questionable, like the Leftroom party

I think Leftroom party will be huge. Don't know about D36 yet but if was a TBA party it would be nice and sloppy too. lol

Old Post Sep-23-2010 15:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Fist Pump Click here to Send Bobby Fist Pump a Private Message Add Bobby Fist Pump to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Eco
in yo mouf

quote:
Originally posted by zizack
I love Moonbeam. They are amazing...so diverse. I don't think they are quite ready to play here though...ready in terms of popularity I mean. Maybe as a supporting act to a bigger headliner on the first run...then a solo night once people here hear them and recognize their talent.

Would be a hell of a booking though if someone made it happen.

Interesting you guys all feel that way... I think it's because I'm like 5 minutes from a really Russian neighborhood, so anyone around here that knows EDM has probably had a friend nearby spoon-feed them the beautiful music that is Moonbeam haha.. I would love to hear a 6 hour Moonbeam set in a warehouse that spans all genres!

Old Post Sep-23-2010 15:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Eco Click here to Send DJ Eco a Private Message Visit DJ Eco's homepage! Add DJ Eco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

haha i haven't been to a blkmarket party yet...but i'll be at that leftroom party most likely, whether it's at d36 or not. and then i'll def be at sashhaaa

Old Post Sep-23-2010 17:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

I'd like to see a night at D36 with house up front an trance later. The thing is Taimur is a techno/house expert, not sure how much he knows about trance. You would think leftroom showcase wouldn't have a big following but around here it does. Blkmarket, taimur and fahad have a huge following.

Old Post Sep-23-2010 17:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
I'd like to see a night at D36 with house up front an trance later. The thing is Taimur is a techno/house expert, not sure how much he knows about trance. You would think leftroom showcase wouldn't have a big following but around here it does. Blkmarket, taimur and fahad have a huge following.

they said that twilo/arc was a huge influence on them, and with their line-up's so far its showing
so if they are gonna book trance guys they should book more underground guys like made was doing when they were doing arc

i dont really see trance coming soon to that room, for now they are just tryin to get it open and run it proper for a while...maybe down the road they will start to book trance

Old Post Sep-23-2010 18:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR

i dont really see trance coming soon to that room, for now they are just tryin to get it open and run it proper for a while...maybe down the road they will start to book trance

if anything i can see them bringing in hybrid of jocks who throw down a proper techno/ trance set

2 names in mind:

John Askew
Bryan Kearny

both well rounded on both fronts

Old Post Sep-23-2010 18:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin

ehh i like john askew to a certain extent then i begin to get a headache..i def dont see him being an option to these events tho

lol trance is like oil in water in this thread- why bother mentioning it?? not for nothing but i hope they keep it consistent with the upcoming events...

they have a european, berghain, mentality; theyre feeding the apple some berlin love!! and i think its great bc its just about the same minus the airfare

Last edited by edubbz on Sep-23-2010 at 19:28

Old Post Sep-23-2010 19:19  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
ehh i like john askew to a certain extent then i begin to get a headache..i def dont see him being an option to these events tho

he does throw down some killer techno...i have a few of his earlier sets from back in the day and was very surprised at the stuff he was playing

Old Post Sep-23-2010 19:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
they have a european, berghain, mentality; theyre feeding the apple some berlin love!! and i think its great bc its just about the same minus the airfare

so they are bringing berlin to nyc...so everyone will be wearing vests,skinny jeans and scarfs? lol just busting your chops
hope the crowd is just open and there for the music

Old Post Sep-23-2010 19:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quivver

Old Post Sep-23-2010 19:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Bobby Fist Pump
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops

both well rounded on both fronts

Well rounded or not. One of those trancy melodic build ups or break downs might as well be nails on a chalk board to the blk market crowd. Plus it's just too fast and most of those dudes are in huge k-holes. lol

Old Post Sep-23-2010 19:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Fist Pump Click here to Send Bobby Fist Pump a Private Message Add Bobby Fist Pump to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

Leave the trance and twinkles for Pacha

Old Post Sep-23-2010 21:22  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackhelp ID this [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStephen Jk - "Puristick" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread