Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > the random talking thread
Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

Well, moving on...

Anyone have some good beers lately? As I'm opening up the new WoB on Lake Eola in DT Orlando (come in and check it out), we've been doing a lot of beer tastings this week and also next week. I've had my fair share of all sorts of beer but never had a Kristalweizen until this week. Holy shit. What a good beer especially for Florida.

I present you the Weihenstephaner Kristall Weissbier

It's essentially a lighter version of a Hefeweizen: filtered and not as malty. Clean and crisp German wheat beer. Def my new "go-to" beer. Fuckin perfect. Might have to order a case from Total Wine...

Don't get me wrong I love the complexity and funky, sour notes you get from Belgian beers but to me they only really taste good during the fall and winter time. Kind of disgusting to drink a Belgian quad while you're sticky sweaty from the heat. Those Germans know how to make beer with a nice clean finish.

Old Post Oct-10-2014 21:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

I've had that. Good choice.

My favorite would still have to be Palm, though.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Oct-20-2014 03:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
t3cHn0_43ad

I've been on a craft beer kick lately, and was up in PA for a little getaway. Went to this little micro brewery & had some nice local IPA's that you can only get from them. Had an IPA with an ABV of 19%. Was similar to Dogfish 120 but a bit smoother

Old Post Oct-20-2014 14:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KiNeTiC ENeRgY Click here to Send KiNeTiC ENeRgY a Private Message Add KiNeTiC ENeRgY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Faceplant
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm a huge world of beer hater, specifically the one in dr phillips. A bar is supposed to he fun and relaxing place to go with a cpl friends and wind down after a hard day or week at work. World of beer is always packed, customer service sucks, u have to wait for ever for a beer, and people think it's a club with the way they dress and act

There is a spot right by my house called house of beer, it's been there for about 10 years. It's owned by a cool French dude. Has a total European feel, super chill, great service, 30/40 beers on tap and a bunch of bottles. I go to house of beer real often, I stay away from wob

Old Post Oct-20-2014 14:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Faceplant Click here to Send Faceplant a Private Message Add Faceplant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

I used to love this intimate Euro-style pub across from Roxy. It's been years since I've been there, though, and it seems they changed the name/closed from just searching for it.

Oh, and speaking of Roxy: http://www.roxyorlando.com/

Good riddance.

Old Post Oct-20-2014 14:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
I used to love this intimate Euro-style pub across from Roxy. It's been years since I've been there, though, and it seems they changed the name/closed from just searching for it.

Oh, and speaking of Roxy: http://www.roxyorlando.com/

Good riddance.

Redlight Redlight. It's on Corrine now I think. Way too hipster for me. Great selection of beer though. But you can't even watch a game -- no TVs. Meh.

To each their own I guess -- I've always loved World of Beer but then again I strongly dislike hole-in-the-wall joints...If I'm gonna spend good money on beers I want to be in a nice, modern contemporary spot.

And the Lake Eola location that I just opened up (last night was opening night...and I literally just got home 25 min ago, fuck) is fucking SICK...the view of the lake with the floor to ceiling windows and the patio is just baller. We have a lot of comfy furniture on the patio overlooking the lake, Faceplant, you should come check it out...it's not a sardine can like a lot of other WoBs...Place can seat 500 people and it's spacey.

Old Post Oct-21-2014 09:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Def to each their own, I can't drink beer I'm very vulnerable to almost anything. So a glass of water will do.

Old Post Oct-21-2014 10:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Faceplant
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Redlight Redlight. It's on Corrine now I think. Way too hipster for me. Great selection of beer though. But you can't even watch a game -- no TVs. Meh.

To each their own I guess -- I've always loved World of Beer but then again I strongly dislike hole-in-the-wall joints...If I'm gonna spend good money on beers I want to be in a nice, modern contemporary spot.

And the Lake Eola location that I just opened up (last night was opening night...and I literally just got home 25 min ago, fuck) is fucking SICK...the view of the lake with the floor to ceiling windows and the patio is just baller. We have a lot of comfy furniture on the patio overlooking the lake, Faceplant, you should come check it out...it's not a sardine can like a lot of other WoBs...Place can seat 500 people and it's spacey.
def gonna check out the new spot. Make sure you hAve a 33 degree cigar city expresso keg waiting!!!!!

I just hate all these fake beer drinkers that go to wob to be hip... Check in on fb and show everybody how cool they are, than ask for a Heineken. Fucking posers

Old Post Oct-21-2014 12:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Faceplant Click here to Send Faceplant a Private Message Add Faceplant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by Faceplant
def gonna check out the new spot. Make sure you hAve a 33 degree cigar city expresso keg waiting!!!!!

I just hate all these fake beer drinkers that go to wob to be hip... Check in on fb and show everybody how cool they are, than ask for a Heineken. Fucking posers

Yeah I hope we get that one soon! The Jose Marti porter is fan-fucking-tastic too. Can't wait for the day when brown ales, porters, and stouts are the big trend in beer. I like an IPA every now and then but they're overly popular...so much more to beer than drinking a pint of piney bitterness.

BTW still nothing beats the classic Sierra Nevada pale ale on a nice sunny day. Especially with some spicy Mexican grub. Great pre-shift lunch right there.

So far I haven't seen too many people order bullshit mainstream beer. A few people here and there. I've been working service bar as well as taking care of actual bar guests when I can so I pretty much handle most of the orders. A lot of pale ales, IPAs, Belgian witbiers, and stuff like Seadog blueberry for the girls mostly, as to be expected. Def selling a fair amount of Belgian goldens like Delirium though too. I did have a couple that asked for a Budweiser draft. Explained that we have Bud Light in cans but we do have Labatt Blue on draft. Guy was so irate with the beer selection that he started getting angry with me (why people think bartenders control inventory and menu selection, I have no idea) and the people next to him even started to educate the guy. Couple stormed off and said the place was a joke, everyone around started laughing as they were leaving. Hilarious.

Last edited by ucforange on Oct-22-2014 at 19:53

Old Post Oct-22-2014 19:39 
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Yes other than beer for the moment speaking of music, i got close to 100 downloads on one mix in soundcloud in 15 days without one spam, other than TA>

I rule!

Old Post Oct-23-2014 15:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by PaULiN0
Yes other than beer for the moment speaking of music, i got close to 100 downloads on one mix in soundcloud in 15 days without one spam, other than TA>

I rule!

who cares how many downloads you get. what is that equating into for you? are gigs rolling in? are labels reaching out for production requests?

Old Post Oct-23-2014 16:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
who cares how many downloads you get. what is that equating into for you? are gigs rolling in? are labels reaching out for production requests?

I got a couple, yes.

Why you think i posted this in the first place, i knew you'd be the one to reply.

fact is i don't spam my shit in different portals like other mainstream djs do in the scene in order to get downloads thats my point. Its either you get it or you don't

Oh donnie, who caressss about BEER! you could say whatever you want jealous boy.

Old Post Oct-23-2014 16:37  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > the random talking thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp ID This: ID this tune! [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBenz & MD vs. Ebrius - "Sound 84" (Subsky Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread