Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Absorb on Future Music FM
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Jack Moss - Absorb on Future Music FM

For those who don't know, I'm now hosting a fortnightly radio show on Future Music FM, each episode consisting of 60 minutes of my hopefully now familiar blend of atmospheric electronic stuff. The show goes out on alternate Mondays at 23:00 GMT (currently +1 due to British Summer Time) and I'll be hosting all the episodes on SoundCloud after they've aired.

EDIT: For ease of access, here's the SoundCloud playlist containing all the episodes to date.

/END EDIT.

Here's the first episode. It was actually a real challenge to talk on the radio and I'm aware that I sound like a twat. Hopefully that'll improve with practice. Credit also goes to my co-conspirator Dom Oxynucid for engineering and co-producing the show.

Stellardrone – Penumbra [Energostatic]
Klute – Solar Heat [Samurai Horo]
Lm1 – Dawn On Ixiom [Rotation Deep]
Dublicator – Deep Sea Exploration [AvantRoots]
Shogun Spy – Trees [Cold Tear]
Die Nachtstunde – For Things Already Lost (Part 1) [Entropy]
Peter Wright – Cruise Missiles [Install]
Die Nachtstunde – Im Stillen Rausch [Entropy]
Organon – Manifold [ZeECc]
Dublicator – Spectrum: IV – Emission [Entropy]
DFRNT – Synesthesia [Echodub]
Hecq – Nightfalls [Hymen]

Feedback, as ever, is most appreciated.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Jun-10-2014 at 18:35

Old Post Apr-17-2014 23:41  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Keep it in the same thread! This forum is slightly dying so they might all bunch up.

Either way, I'm checking this out. Looks awesome!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Apr-18-2014 00:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Might be easier to keep it all in one thread, but I don't really mind either way. Definitely looking forward to hearing you sound like a twat

Old Post Apr-18-2014 01:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Jack Moss - Absorb 14.04.2014 on Future Music FM

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

Here's the first episode. It was actually a real challenge to talk on the radio and I'm aware that I sound like a twat. Hopefully that'll improve with practice.

Don't be hard on yourself mate, you did well. You sound like much more of a twat in real life :-p

Old Post Apr-18-2014 06:53  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Thanks! I call my sets "ambient" for ease but I always play a variety of styles in these sets. The only requirement is the music is resplendent with atmosphere and vibes. On this occasion I wanted to use some dub techno I've really been enjoying, but it won't crop up in every episode by any means.

You're the first person to mention the vocal FX making it hard to hear, but we can tone them down for future episodes. This was the first time we'd done a radio recording and there are a few things we want to change on the technical front for future episodes.

Old Post Apr-18-2014 23:20  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
colin traveller
Supreme tranceaddict

Nothing wrong with the FX imo ..

Old Post Apr-19-2014 00:18  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for colin traveller Click here to Send colin traveller a Private Message Add colin traveller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Smiley DJ

Should be good, full support.

Vocal FX make you sound like a Scouser.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Apr-19-2014 01:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Bierheld
Supreme tranceaddict

Thumbs up

Apart from the single hour going by far too quickly, this was good stuff. The Duplicator tracks in particular really shine in this as distinct moments.
The opening 15 minutes were right on the money music wise, draws you straight in there. I actually liked the FX on the voice here considering the backdrop, a bit hard to understand I guess but it didn't sound like you were saying anything interesting anyway.
There was just about enough variety for a mix this length, the techno section did enough to stand out. Only track that eluded me a bit was Synesthesia, kind of a weird mood in that one. Closing track leaves an impression as well, but sounded a bit crackly during the loud parts for me? Could be my headphones freaking out or something with the track or mixing, don't know. Just thought I'd mention it.

Listens:
http://www.last.fm/user/bierheld

Old Post Apr-19-2014 02:42  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Bierheld Click here to Send Bierheld a Private Message Add Bierheld to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The Hecq track is mastered extremely quietly so I did bump up the gain considerably and slowly lower it as the track gets louder. It's a very dynamic track, which is often a challenge when DJing ambient - club records tend to have the same volume throughout to make them easier to EQ.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway. I agree about the opening 15 minutes. I did feel the pressure of delivering something good after the station had kindly given us the show, and everyone seemed instantly won over by those first three tracks.

Old Post Apr-19-2014 13:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Bierheld
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
The Hecq track is mastered extremely quietly so I did bump up the gain considerably and slowly lower it as the track gets louder. It's a very dynamic track, which is often a challenge when DJing ambient - club records tend to have the same volume throughout to make them easier to EQ.
Ah ok, figured as much. It's always something to be careful with although I've noticed my current set-up is particularly sensitive to this, even unaltered tracks overwhelm it sometimes whereas other systems can handle music even if it's redlining considerably with minimal distortion.

I think for the neoclassical stuff it's best not to mess with it too much anyway, it's delicate music. But I understand that's not really a viable option for a radio show of this kind.

Listens:
http://www.last.fm/user/bierheld

Old Post Apr-19-2014 14:04  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Bierheld Click here to Send Bierheld a Private Message Add Bierheld to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I definitely agree, but when you're mixing it with electronic music with a waveform like a house brick you have to do something with it otherwise the impact is totally lost.

Old Post Apr-19-2014 14:12  England
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

This is so good, I love it. Thank you, cheers.

Old Post Apr-21-2014 20:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Absorb on Future Music FM
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnother tune from a couple years back needs ID! [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMuzikman - "Satellites" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread