Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Hip Hop Thread
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DigDeep
SleazEaddict

Last edited by DigDeep on Mar-01-2011 at 06:54

Old Post Mar-01-2011 06:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigDeep Click here to Send DigDeep a Private Message Visit DigDeep's homepage! Add DigDeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adamo
womp womp

going old school is too easy....heres some dope new stuff

Last edited by Adamo on Mar-01-2011 at 07:30

Old Post Mar-01-2011 07:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Adamo Click here to Send Adamo a Private Message Add Adamo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

Check out these guys' A Piece of Strange album

London, ON native:

Old Post Mar-01-2011 18:37  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

Old Post Mar-01-2011 18:42  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

Is this thread unstable for anyone else? I think there's too much good hip hop for one thread.

K last one, cause I'm already late for work cause of this thread

Old Post Mar-01-2011 18:56  Poland
DigDeep
SleazEaddict

(copied from Facebook)

All my life I've been obsessed with music. But the obsession definitely peaked in my high school years - and the obsession was Hip-Hop. Lots of it. In fact, I'd spend the majority of my pay cheque earned from working nights at Future Shop (in the music department, duh) - at Dr. Disc in Hamilton. I'd always head in mid-week, and the guys knew me by first name, and would sell me albums days before they officially came out. Eventually, my collection grew massive, and I began making mixtapes. Not ordinary mixtapes that a DJ with technique turntables - no no, a guy with his Dad's 5 disc CD player, and a pioneer tapedeck. When preparing my tapes, I'd come up with a tracklist, then record every other track on cassette tape. Then, when recording, I'd play one track on CD, then mix the next track from cassette. The results weren't always amazing, but the mixtapes were always blended - and back then, that was good enough for most. I likely made about 100+ mixes between 1994 and 1998. I've since doubled in age, but still have a great love for this music and decided it was time to blow off the dust and start putting together 'mixes' again. This time around, from the comfort of my couch, on this device called an 'iPad' (Djay app to be precise).

The Button Hip-Hop Mixtape (Revisited) Vol. I

LINK

(click to stream, right click save as to download)

Mic Geronimo - Masta I.C. - [1995]

Camp Lo - Killin’ Em Softly - [1997]

Jay-Z - D’evils - [1996]

Royal Flush - Movin’ On Ya Weak Productions - [1997]

Das EFX - Here It Is - [1995]

DJ Honda - Kill The Noize - [1995]

Choclair - What It Takes - [1996]

Ghetto Concept - E-Z On The Motion - [1995]

Saukrates - Hate Runs Deep - [1995]

Smif-N-Wessun - Hellucunation - [1995]

Mobb Deep - Back at You - [1996]

Tony Touch feat. Prodigy - Basics - [2000]

GZA & RZA feat. DJ Muggs - Third World - [1997]

GZA - Liquid Swords - [1995]

Raekwon - Incarcerated Scarfaces - [1995]

Jeru The Damaja - Ain’t The Devil Happy - [1994]

Saukrates - Fine Line - [1998]

D.I.T.C. - Da Enemy - [2000]

Channel Live feat KRS-One - Mad Izm - [1995]

Canibus - Second Round K.O. - [1998]

Beastie Boys - Ricky’s Theme - [1994]

Last edited by DigDeep on Apr-15-2011 at 04:11

Old Post Apr-15-2011 04:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigDeep Click here to Send DigDeep a Private Message Visit DigDeep's homepage! Add DigDeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stilez
RealTalk & Srsbidniz

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Button
(copied from Facebook)

BOOM!! Now we're talking

DL'ing
Lovin that playlist.

Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Soundcloud | MixCloud | BLOG

Old Post Apr-15-2011 04:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Stilez Click here to Send Stilez a Private Message Visit Stilez's homepage! Add Stilez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Theres been alot and I mean ALOT of great hip hop coming out lately. This year is going to be a big year. I love the fact alot of the crappy bling bling mcs have died off and we`re hearing alot of 90`s style hip hop lately.

Raekwon has been killin it! one of my favorite mcs of 2011. his new album is banging and lookin forward to wu`s new albums droppin this year. check some of this stuff out

Old Post Apr-15-2011 05:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Button
Eventually, my collection grew massive, and I began making mixtapes. Not ordinary mixtapes that a DJ with technique turntables - no no, a guy with his Dad's 5 disc CD player, and a pioneer tapedeck.

haha man, that seems like 100 years ago... imagine explaining how that worked to like a 15 year old right now, they'd look at us like we're senior citizens lol

Old Post Apr-15-2011 06:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by infinity HiGH
Is this thread unstable for anyone else? I think there's too much good hip hop for one thread.

Lol yeah. It crashed my browser on my phone every time I tried to open it last night.

Old Post Apr-15-2011 13:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

Some great classics in here. Haven't really been keeping up to the genre cause there's too much crap out.. dig this groovy one though

I thought this would be the appropriate place to ask: Does anyone remember a music video with a singing silver head on the hood of a car? Could be a mos def song... it's been bugging me for years! What is it called?!

Old Post Apr-15-2011 14:15  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy

Raekwon has been killin it! one of my favorite mcs of 2011. his new album is banging and lookin forward to wu`s new albums droppin this year. check some of this stuff out

Word. Raekwon killed it with the new album. Went to the Wu-tang concert in December and it was fantastic. Their style never dies and makes New Yorkers proud to NOT be apart of that Lil Weezy shiiiiiite. I am a huge fan of old-skool, even so far back as the Roots and Rakim

Old Post Apr-15-2011 15:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Hip Hop Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNext The Sunrise Festival 2004 [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAndy Gray, Paul Oakenfold & Steve Osborne - "Bunker" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread