Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

Sony MDR-7506 Review

so i finally went out and bought these amazing headphones and i can honestly say i've never played on a better set of cans (the sennheiser hd-25 were close)

they're very defined and clear, a lot crisper than i'm used to
(my previous cans were the v700)
some may say they lack bass, but i found the bass to be perfect, it was present and not overbearing with just enough punch to let you know it's there
and the comfort... wow, they're very light and fit perfectly around my ear, little to no fatigue at all

i first used them on our weekly radio show and they passed with flying colours

then i got the first club test last night and to be honest i was worried about the lack of punch i was used to, but they came through again, in fact i had the booth monitor at about half the volume i normally would have it at. so not only did i get a great defined headphone, i'm also going to be saving my ears by not having booth monitors blaring in my face anymore.

the real test will be tomorrow night when i'm playing a 4 hour set at the afterhours club for their long weekend party, the sound system in there has got to be one of the loudest for the size in the city, i'll let you know how they perform.

i would recommend this headphone to anyone, i know i'll never regret this purchase, the only reason i'm kicking myself is that i should've bought them sooner

Twitter
The Drunken Monkey Podcast
The Mixdown Podcast presented by Tony Morello

Old Post Sep-02-2005 19:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Morello Click here to Send Tony Morello a Private Message Visit Tony Morello's homepage! Add Tony Morello to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
J:\Digital

Amen!!!

Best cans I have ever had/used aswell.. And I can full heartedly agree on every single point you made Tony. They OWN!!

I wasn't sure about them either when I played at Sambuca... But they did the job plus some... I may have sold my gear(for now).. But I kept these cans!!

Old Post Sep-03-2005 01:43 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak
Insert witty comment here

I was surprised too!
Agree 200%....the best I have used -and the only headphones I use now

Old Post Sep-03-2005 10:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gluegun
Headphone Addict

Remember guys... the MDR-V6 are EXACTLY the same headphones, and often $20 cheaper! Also, there is a mod where you get the earpads for the Beyerdynamic DT250's and put them on the V6's that makes them way more comfy!

Old Post Sep-03-2005 17:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Gluegun Click here to Send Gluegun a Private Message Add Gluegun to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djtrinity
....i have nothing to say

quote:
Originally posted by Gluegun
Remember guys... the MDR-V6 are EXACTLY the same headphones, and often $20 cheaper! Also, there is a mod where you get the earpads for the Beyerdynamic DT250's and put them on the V6's that makes them way more comfy!

they don't have a gold plated jack! not that i don't think thats a big deal anyway....i have had the same pair of 7605's for a about 6-7 years...i just bought a pair of v6's as back ups!

they are great

Old Post Sep-03-2005 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djtrinity Click here to Send djtrinity a Private Message Visit djtrinity's homepage! Add djtrinity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CosmoKid
M.I.K.E. Stole my Alias

quote:
Originally posted by Gluegun

i think you can do that mod to the 7506 as well. i hope you can as I was about to order them.

Old Post Sep-04-2005 13:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CosmoKid Click here to Send CosmoKid a Private Message Add CosmoKid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gluegun
Headphone Addict

quote:
Originally posted by CosmoKid
i think you can do that mod to the 7506 as well. i hope you can as I was about to order them.

Of course you can. they are the EXACT SAME FUCKING HEADPHONE. Remember:

(MDR-V6 = MDR-7506) > MDR-V700DJ > MDR-V600

Old Post Sep-04-2005 18:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Gluegun Click here to Send Gluegun a Private Message Add Gluegun to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

so last night came the real test for how these headphones hold up in a club environment, and once again they passed with flying colors

4 hour set and again i had the monitors at about half the normal volume (which is good cause the monitors at this club are actual PA speakers)

no fatigue and i could hear everything i needed without straining to pick out sound

my ears weren't ringing like they normally do after playing at this club which was a HUGE relief

i honestly doubt i'll ever buy another headphone again, except to replace these if they ever wear out

Twitter

Old Post Sep-05-2005 02:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Morello Click here to Send Tony Morello a Private Message Visit Tony Morello's homepage! Add Tony Morello to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
brian
vinyl junkie

I love my 7506's to death. I previously had a pair of V700s and these headphones really point out how muddy the sound on the 700s are.

I've not used my 7506's in a club environment yet, but it's quite reassuring to know you were able to adapt to them so easily.

Old Post Sep-10-2005 18:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for brian Click here to Send brian a Private Message Add brian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
abnorm
Senior tranceaddict

I have them and I like them a lot. They are more comfortable then my old broken HDJ-1000s. They don't make them like this anymore, great build quality. They are not all that great for regular music listening due to very high highs and lack of deep bass, but they do the job very well for DJing and studio monitoring purposes. At first the extreme highs were bothering me, but they are getting better after more use.

Old Post Sep-10-2005 19:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for abnorm Click here to Send abnorm a Private Message Add abnorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

i've noticed the sound has gotten a lot better too after they've been broken in... probably just over 40 hours of use since i opened the box and they've warmed up and are really starting to sound great

i've also noticed my mixing has gotten tighter since the new cans

Twitter

Old Post Sep-12-2005 08:10  Canada
Psiweaver
I DJ 120,000 Massives

glad to see you like them. How would you compare them with the hd25's?

Old Post Sep-12-2005 16:51  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Psiweaver Click here to Send Psiweaver a Private Message Visit Psiweaver's homepage! Add Psiweaver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackZabiela peak time/end of set tune!!! [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKooler - "Freefall" (Abakus Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread