Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > the most stomping essential mix ever?
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

Fuck yeah, this thread is stupid as shit now and I’m in love.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 22:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

He's mixing some jeff mills right now

Old Post Aug-22-2018 22:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

The best thing is that he actually probably really is and my heart is full.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 23:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

I laughed so much with your last comment I think you put my hernia back in place.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 23:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Anyway, to actually answer the question, the winner is inevitably going to be a '90s techno one, back when DJs used to jerry rig their decks to play at +16. 1994 in particular seemed to be the peak year for nosebleed jackhammer techno, with mixes by the likes of Clarke, CJ Bolland and Dave Angel pummelling the airwaves into submission almost every week. To be honest, I find this kind of thing too much to listen to at home, it literally tires my ears out:

ok finally finished spinning it. yeah, the dave angel essential mix is even more stomping than the dave clark one, fucking impressive. also, none of them bored me at any moment, which makes my genuinely happy

just so that I know, any dj these days delivering such a hard sound that doesn't sound made in ableton in 10 min? sounds such a great (but not so healthy) experience to hear this live lol

Old Post Aug-23-2018 00:06  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

I think this is about as close as you're gonna get:

https://youtu.be/7oIO5XmrM3Q

Old Post Aug-23-2018 12:48  United States
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
I think this is about as close as you're gonna get:

https://youtu.be/7oIO5XmrM3Q

Meh, first of all it's way too slow and it features a lot of snoozefest Ableton-industrial.

John Heckle and Binny are two guys still delivering that 1994 sound in terms of DJing & their productions. They seem to mostly DJ old records though, which is fair, because the blazing stuff just isn't being made anymore in noteworthy quantities.

Old Post Aug-23-2018 14:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

This was my personal attempt at that kinda sound. I don't have three turntables so it's not quite as fast paced as those classic mixes. It was difficult finding even a handful of new records that could fit in properly with the old ones.

Last edited by Woony on Aug-23-2018 at 14:43

Old Post Aug-23-2018 14:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

There are also popular parties like Unpolished in the netherlands and various parties in Copenhagen now that focus on reealllly fast, banging stuff but a lot of it verges on hardcore, gabber and eurotrance. Most of it is not that good honestly, at some point it just becomes stupid cheesy marching music. Classic techno might not've been the smartest music ever made but it's always kept a certain level of purity and classiness that kept it from going cheesy.

Old Post Aug-23-2018 15:03 
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
Meh, first of all it's way too slow and it features a lot of snoozefest Ableton-industrial.

I meant in the essential mix department. Hardly anyone makes stuff that fast anymore, it's all older records, like you said. Neil Landstumm, PAS maybe, idk I haven't kept up with music.

Edit: I remember last time I heard something on ostgut from luke slater it was sloww. We always end talking about trends...

Last edited by wotyzoid on Aug-23-2018 at 15:15

Old Post Aug-23-2018 15:08  United States
wotyzoid
it's not house

I really don't know shit about techno, except what I like. There is just too much.

Old Post Aug-23-2018 15:27  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm not sure about new tunes, but there are a few DJs still doing retro sets playing a lot of those old tunes. I remember seeing Joey Beltram and Dave Clarke around 2014. The night finished with an unknown resident DJ who arrived with a big box of vinyl and played a set of the most brutal music I've ever heard in a club. It was quite horrible actually. Just pure audio violence.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Aug-23-2018 15:42  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > the most stomping essential mix ever?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease Help ID this song for me [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThe Freak - "Rising Angel" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread