Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2008.08.17. Activate & Footwork present: BEATS AHOY! 8 with KASKADE
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
activate
I <3 Boobies

2008.08.17. Activate & Footwork present: BEATS AHOY! 8 with KASKADE

UPDATE:: BEATS AHOY! 8 is now sold out

SEE EVERYONE ON THE BOAT!

[COLOR=silver]Sunday August 17th, 2008

Activate & Footwork Present
BEATSAHOY! 8
SET SAIL TO ROCK THE BOAT!

with

KASKADE | USA | ULTRA RECORDS

JELO
VINYL JUNKIES

and on 4 decks and 2 mixers
BABY JOEL vs EVAN G
JON JON vs JEFF BUTTON

Hosted By: CLUBPLANET.COM, Sasha Niveole, Kristin Insley, Freq Productions, Dr. Dave, Jon Jon, Disco

$50 in advance

* AS WITH OUR OTHER CRUISES, THIS CRUISE WILL SELL OUT WEEK IN ADVANCE. DON'T WAIT TO GET YOUR TICKETS!!

TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE RIGHT NOW @ WANTICKETS.COM - CLICK HERE TO BUY

OR

available July 4th from your BEATS AHOY! hosts!

Aboard: The Captain Matthew Flinders
Boarding at: Pier 6 - 207 Queen`s Quay West @ York St.

Boarding begins @ 11am
Departure @ 11:30am

---------------------------------------------------

KASKADE BIO:::

Honest. Elegant. Beautiful. Such terms are rarely used to describe electronic artists and their music. But KASKADE is a rare breed.

The songwriter/producer/DJ/phenomenon is one of electronic music’s most sought-after emissaries, and one of its most beloved figures. Unaffected and laidback, he’s known to show up at gigs in flip-flops, ready to warm the room – to a simmer or a boil – with his unique brand of feel-good music.

This year alone, the Chicago-born San Francisco resident remixed the works of Seal (“Amazing”), Nelly Furtado (“All Good Things”), Justin Timberlake (“Lovestoned”), and Britney Spears (“Gimme More”, “Break The Ice”) to the top of the Billboard dance charts. Coca-Cola commissioned an original song to accompany their campaign for the Beijing Olympics, which includes a KASKADE-branded bottle. Dirty South’s remix of original KASKADE track “Sorry” snagged a Grammy nomination for Best Remixed Recording. And “I Like The Way” was just added to the Motion Picture Soundtrack of upcoming blockbuster “Sex And The City: The Movie,” in theaters May 30.

Meanwhile, on the road, KASKADE played a staggering 140-plus club and festival dates worldwide, including Global Gathering and Nocturnal Wonderland. (Highlights from previous years include Field Day and Coachella, where he shared a stage with Madonna.) He won the title of “Best Resident DJ” at the 2008 Club World Awards, for his regular gig at music-first Chicago venue Smart Bar. And to ring in the New Year, he mounted an unprecedented three-city, single-night tour, jet-setting from Los Angeles to San Francisco to Las Vegas, and from massive street festival (GIANT Village) to intimate club (Mission Rock) to after-hours free-for-all (Empire Ballroom), showing his diversity as well as his fortitude.

With slowing down not in the equation (“I'm having a really, really good time,” he says), KASKADE is set to release his fifth artist album, “Strobelite Seduction” (Ultra Records) on June 3. The album expands upon on his trademark sound of glistening, guitar-laden melodies, mixing in elements of various styles. Check out the trance-tinged “Move for Me”; the earthy, R&B-flavored “Your Love Is Black”; or electro-house floor-shaker “Step One Two.” Blending different genres and moods, this is KASKADE at his most adventurous.

“I was molded by the city that I grew up in: Chicago. But I have matured, and ‘Strobelite Seduction’ helps showcase a lot of my other influences,” says KASKADE. “The record is a justification of my weekends in big dark rooms with flashing lights and pounding sound systems. I was seduced by the strobelite.”

Last edited by activate on Aug-11-2008 at 23:06

Old Post Jun-24-2008 00:27  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for activate Click here to Send activate a Private Message Add activate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sasha
Obsequey

House is not just a groove. House is a feeling. And when u feel it, you will understand... house music gets you up and makes you high...

Old Post Jun-24-2008 02:30  Latvia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sasha Click here to Send Sasha a Private Message Visit Sasha's homepage! Add Sasha to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djbruuen
house

Kaskade on a boat??? wholey fuck!!!! wow, this summer is getting some sweet talent in! very awesome for a change of pace from his usual footwork/TiL appearances.

Old Post Jun-24-2008 02:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for djbruuen Click here to Send djbruuen a Private Message Add djbruuen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Ear
Built for debauchery

Very nice. Very nice.

Old Post Jun-24-2008 13:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for The Ear Click here to Send The Ear a Private Message Add The Ear to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
m7n
Senior tranceaddict

SO there.

Old Post Jun-24-2008 22:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for m7n Click here to Send m7n a Private Message Add m7n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sweetie570
Senior tranceaddict

Can't wait!!

Old Post Jun-25-2008 00:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sweetie570 Click here to Send sweetie570 a Private Message Visit sweetie570's homepage! Add sweetie570 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sasha
Obsequey

GET YOUR TICKETS AS SOON AS YOU CAN!

House is not just a groove. House is a feeling. And when u feel it, you will understand... house music gets you up and makes you high...

Old Post Jun-25-2008 01:42  Latvia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sasha Click here to Send Sasha a Private Message Visit Sasha's homepage! Add Sasha to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
flavor
I am f**king amazing

This is gonna sell out SOOOOOOOOO fast

Old Post Jun-25-2008 01:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for flavor Click here to Send flavor a Private Message Add flavor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lockedgroove
Supreme tranceaddict

props dude..you have stacked the summer up with some talent-laden events

Old Post Jun-25-2008 02:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for lockedgroove Click here to Send lockedgroove a Private Message Add lockedgroove to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Owen M
nightdreamer...

kudos to Activate and raising the talent bar for boat cruises!

nightdreamer

Old Post Jun-25-2008 05:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Owen M Click here to Send Owen M a Private Message Add Owen M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
activate
I <3 Boobies

activate AND footwork!

and just wait... two more boat cruises to come!

Old Post Jun-25-2008 05:14  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for activate Click here to Send activate a Private Message Add activate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FREQ PRODUCTION
Junior tranceaddict

TICKETS SOOON TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun-25-2008 05:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for FREQ PRODUCTION Click here to Send FREQ PRODUCTION a Private Message Visit FREQ PRODUCTION's homepage! Add FREQ PRODUCTION to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2008.08.17. Activate & Footwork present: BEATS AHOY! 8 with KASKADE
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAn easy one (i hope) [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKay D. Smith & Marc Tall - "Praiseworthy Tunes" (Hoipolloi mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread