Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Visitors Thread!
Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
drgoodvibe
skoun'drl

quote:
Originally posted by HardTranceProd
Peeps,

I'll be in Toronto the weekend of Oct. 5. What I'm interested in is a concentrated area where there's lots of bars, clubs, and young people. This way, if I don't like one place, I can bar-hop to another one.

Is there a "party center" like that in Toronto?

The clubs listed on the first page are good too but I don't want to be stuck in a remote area, if u know what I mean. thanks for any advice

All along College Street In between Ossington and Bathurst there are tons of bars and lounges so if you want go from one to another you can.

A large number of clubs are concentrated around Peter and John St.

Hope that helps

Old Post Oct-01-2007 17:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for drgoodvibe Click here to Send drgoodvibe a Private Message Visit drgoodvibe's homepage! Add drgoodvibe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

So I'm looking for a place to rent in TO online and I've seen some ads with the following words:

TTC
street car

Could somebody please clarify what these are?

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Oct-17-2007 07:07  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by eRRaTiK
So I'm looking for a place to rent in TO online and I've seen some ads with the following words:

TTC
street car

Could somebody please clarify what these are?

lol
TTC = Toronto Transit Commission = TO version of Cityrail (not Shittyrail... they actually run on schedule and incredibly frequently) and Sydney Buses merged into one. They run the public transport, and they do a good job of it too at reasonable prices. http://www.ttc.ca

Street car = tram. Part of the TTC network.

It might be worth going through the TTC site when you have a chance Anf. They've got some slightly different (and better) ideas about traveling on public transport over there. Or just ask myself / a TOTA for specifics.

Old Post Oct-17-2007 10:04  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:
Originally posted by marcusus
lol
TTC = Toronto Transit Commission = TO version of Cityrail (not Shittyrail... they actually run on schedule and incredibly frequently) and Sydney Buses merged into one. They run the public transport, and they do a good job of it too at reasonable prices. http://www.ttc.ca

Street car = tram. Part of the TTC network.

It might be worth going through the TTC site when you have a chance Anf. They've got some slightly different (and better) ideas about traveling on public transport over there. Or just ask myself / a TOTA for specifics.

that's funny.. i would have thought Sydney had a better system heh

Old Post Oct-17-2007 21:50  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL

lol dreaming. Our train services in the outlying areas are one every 1/2 hour whenever it's off peak (aka not 6-10am and not 3-8pm weekdays). Buses in the outlying areas are even worse. Probably one bus an hour.

Within the actual CBD and the closer suburbs it's not too bad with buses, but they're maybe only one every 15 on a weekend. The trains still aren't great though. Plus the buses run on random courses. Not like you guys have where a certain bus goes basically up/down or left/right. At least you can always bus/tram hop your way to where you want to go by just getting off at the right intersections. It doesn't really work like that in Sydney. Usually if you get on a bus, you stay on it til you get to where you're going, otherwise you're on the wrong bus.

There's plenty of ranting about Sydney's infrastructure. Ask Anf when he gets there about it

Old Post Oct-18-2007 10:55  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

lol dreaming. Our train services in the outlying areas are one every 1/2 hour whenever it's off peak (aka not 6-10am and not 3-8pm weekdays). Buses in the outlying areas are even worse. Probably one bus an hour.

Within the actual CBD and the closer suburbs it's not too bad with buses, but they're maybe only one every 15 on a weekend. The trains still aren't great though. Plus the buses run on random courses. Not like you guys have where a certain bus goes basically up/down or left/right. At least you can always bus/tram hop your way to where you want to go by just getting off at the right intersections. It doesn't really work like that in Sydney. Usually if you get on a bus, you stay on it til you get to where you're going, otherwise you're on the wrong bus.

There's plenty of ranting about Sydney's infrastructure. Ask Anf when he gets there about it

Old Post Oct-18-2007 10:57  Australia
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Old Post Oct-18-2007 10:57  Australia
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

holy triple post Marcus!

quote:
Originally posted by marcusus
Just stay at the Planet Traveller's hostel near Dundas W & Spadina (Kensington Ave is what it's on), go to the Embassy Bar, and have a pint of Blanche De Chambly for me

right then!

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Oct-31-2007 03:14  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by eRRaTiK
holy triple post Marcus!

That's right. TA was playing up that day. Time to go delete them all

Edit: Aww, can't delete. Oh well. Post whoring goodness

Old Post Oct-31-2007 08:09  Australia
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

mate I gotta say I'm loving the names playing here soon.. G&D one week followed by PVD the next. Roger Sanchez will be here too but I'll be in Chicago then. Crazy!

So what are cover charges like? How can I get on some guest lists?

+++

btw, if anyone knows how I can legally stay in Canada should I decide to quit my job (the one where I'm getting sponsored to stay here for 2 years for) please let me know. I'm planning on starting my own business over here.

Last edited by eRRaTiK on Nov-01-2007 at 11:50

Old Post Nov-01-2007 03:14  Australia
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

It's good like that huh?
I had Armin, Diggers, Markus Schulz (that was at Labour of Love though, and there were plenty of other big names in that event too), J00F, Sander Kleinenberg & Oakey. I'm sure there were more, but I can't remember anymore

Old Post Nov-02-2007 08:12  Australia
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

how the heck do I get to Blue Mountain? is there a coach that goes there? Are there any bus, accom and lift pass deals?

Old Post Dec-22-2007 05:07  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Visitors Thread!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrance tune on Power, need help! [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackiio - "At The End" (Michael Woods Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread