Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by DigitalMP
You mean StormSlider? Are you using that? I'm kind of apprehensive about paying for apps if I'm not really into them. I know they're only a few $, but it's the principle...I've had a couple where the devs bounce after a few months with nowhere to be found, taking off with a few hundred and disappearing. Since most apps a PIN-specific, if you have to replace your phone (which I did), you can't get a new reg code and you're screwed. It's annoying to say the least, hence the principle.

As for the CNN/ESPN/CB launchers, they're only a couple KB, so they're minimal in that sense.

However, I've noticed with the new low app memory notifier that tells you to shut down apps, a couple are sky high. Like Slacker has been like 15MB in that list, even when it hadn't even been run since the last battery pull. What's up with that?

stormslider's on v4 now and it's been working brilliantly on my phone plus has auto screen/button locking capabilities...that's all I can say..

as for your news apps, they surely cache data adn that's what might be taking up space...

Old Post Dec-02-2009 21:03  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigitalMP
W.T.F., mate?

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
stormslider's on v4 now and it's been working brilliantly on my phone plus has auto screen/button locking capabilities...that's all I can say..

as for your news apps, they surely cache data adn that's what might be taking up space...

Thanks...I'll give the news apps a swing first. I just installed Opera Mini the other day, and I can't paste URLs into the address bar. Has anyone else been able to?

Old Post Dec-02-2009 22:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DigitalMP Click here to Send DigitalMP a Private Message Visit DigitalMP's homepage! Add DigitalMP to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by DigitalMP
Thanks...I'll give the news apps a swing first. I just installed Opera Mini the other day, and I can't paste URLs into the address bar. Has anyone else been able to?

you and i seem to be the only ones using storm so just a heads up, for opera mini, its just screen tapping all the way...no clicking the screen at all...takes a while to get used to. and click the BB key and then a portion of the screen to zoom in. I've pasted urls with ease on it.

Old Post Dec-02-2009 23:32  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigitalMP
W.T.F., mate?

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
you and i seem to be the only ones using storm so just a heads up, for opera mini, its just screen tapping all the way...no clicking the screen at all...takes a while to get used to. and click the BB key and then a portion of the screen to zoom in. I've pasted urls with ease on it.

When I click the BB key, a context menu doesn't come up at all. And how the hell do you add bookmarks? I keep opening new tabs or whatever, I just can't get my sites into those squares. And deleting the homegrown bookmarks? fuhgidaboudit...lol

Old Post Dec-03-2009 01:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DigitalMP Click here to Send DigitalMP a Private Message Visit DigitalMP's homepage! Add DigitalMP to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigitalMP
W.T.F., mate?

Alright BB Cats, what's your ringtone for:

Calls? SMS? MMS? BBM? Facebook? Email?

Calls: G Club pres. Banda Sonora - Guitarra G
SMS: Outlook 2000-2003 new e-mail sound
MMS: I-Phone marimba tone
BBM: X-Box achievement sound
E-mail: doorbell
Facebook: some really calm chill tone I scored off some site

I don't like my tones original, or annoying., And I sure as hell don't want to hear a sound and look at my phone and have it end up being someone else's phone that made the noise.

Oh, and if you're not rockin BerryBuzz, get on it. You can set the LED color for everything. Here's mine...

Calls: disco (all colors flash)
SMS: green
MMS: white
BBM: purple
E-mail: red
Facebook: blue

Old Post Dec-03-2009 03:05  United States
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

i have everything on silent. i basically check the fucking thing every 5 minutes. i can't be bothered changing settings back and forth than. lol. still addicted a year later. lol.

Old Post Dec-03-2009 04:24  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

For me its....

Calls: Disco
SMS: White
MMS: White
BBM: White
E-mail: Yellow
Facebook: Blue
Calendar: Purple
Coverage: Green
Missed Calls: Red

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Dec-03-2009 04:32  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

my sounds...

SMS: Star Trek Communicator
BBM: Transformers transformation fx
WLM/FB alert: another Transformers based fx
Ringtone: CTU ringer (from 24)

I know i put something else...cant remember

as for LED, I'm fine with it changing red on an alert/message...all have equal importance..lol

Old Post Dec-03-2009 13:50  United Arab Emirates
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
i have everything on silent. i basically check the fucking thing every 5 minutes. i can't be bothered changing settings back and forth than. lol. still addicted a year later. lol.

lol ditto

Old Post Dec-03-2009 14:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
exstasie
Hack Attack

Everything is on Vibrate

Personal Email - 1 Vibrate
Work Email - 2 Vibrates
SMS - 2 Vibrates
BBM - 2 Vibrates
Phone Call - 3 Vibrates
Calendar Notifications - 2 Vibrates

2 Vibrates or More and I'll check it.

Old Post Dec-03-2009 14:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for exstasie Click here to Send exstasie a Private Message Add exstasie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

I do some standard sounds in holster but everything on vibrate-only when out of holster. Makes changing a profile as easy as just taking it out of holster and putting in on the desk (good for meetings and public places). I have one of those leather pocket protectors, which has the sleep magnet inside so life becomes much simpler.

Old Post Dec-03-2009 14:41  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smuncky
Architect

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
my sounds...

SMS: Star Trek Communicator

SEEEEEEEEENNNNDDD!!!

"The best car-related innovation we have is not to improve the car, but eliminate the need to drive it everywhere we go.” -Alex Steffen

Old Post Dec-03-2009 15:04  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for smuncky Click here to Send smuncky a Private Message Visit smuncky's homepage! Add smuncky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUplifiting trance ID please [2019] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThe Freak - "Rising Angel" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread