Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I'm hoping the line up's are well rounded. Not just house and techno.

I worked hand in hand with Nick ac at arc to assist with the programming of Friday nights. If district is looking to emulate the experience arc provided, chances are you wont be hearing much trance... at least in the beginning.

It took a while but I warmed Nick up to Joof(when he was at his peek), Hardwick, Bond, G&D.

Hopefully ATB and all of his cronies will keep spinning at Pacha and stay away from this club.

Last edited by pyro264jb on Sep-01-2010 at 13:07

Old Post Sep-01-2010 13:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Any reason why normal bouncers can't do this? lol

Reading these comments only reminds me of the salad door policy lol

http://www.disco-disco.com/clubs/studio54.shtml

"The Studio also had it own door policy, they wanted to get a perfect mix of people which actually meant that even celebrities was stopped at the door and didn't get in. This young guy, Marc Benecke ruled the door and was instructed by Steve to mix a perfect salad every night. That way it didn't really matter if you were famous or not - you just had to fit it at this time.

The doorman Marc even became more famous to the guests of the 54 than Ian Schrager. Steve was also often in the entrance selecting people to let in and it's said that Steve once didn't like the shirt a guy was wearing. He told the guy he wouldn't get in with that shirt on, the guy asked if he could get in if he took it off. Steve said yes and the guy took it off and was allowed to enter the club, bare-chested.

So it was basically just a question of matching what Steve and Marc were looking for to add to their salad for the night.
Some people tried desperately to get in and there's actually another true story about this guy who got stuck in the air duct in his attempt to enter the club - one way or another... I asked Paolo about the 'salad' door policy and as he says; "It's what made the club so popular. Working there meant I had no worries, and it made me feel special at the time."

Not matching the 'salad of the day' was what happened to Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards of Chic, when the guys were contacted by Grace Jones who wanted to work with them for her next album...
Grace invited them as her guests to her gig down at the Studio 54. It was New Years Eve in 1977, the guys were all dressed up and it was snowing and freezing cold... When Nile and Bernard got to the club the doormen couldn't find their names on the guest list. Nile and Bernard explained that they "were" Chic and that Grace was expecting them. But the doormen just wouldn't let them in...

In anger they went back home to Nile and in just 25-30 minutes they wrote a whole song they called "Fuck off". It went like this... "aaahh Fuck off". They just know this was a hit song and they (of course) had to change the title to be able to release it. So they changed the text and that line to "aaahh Freak out" and their biggest hit was a fact - "Le Freak". The song topped the US charts for 6 weeks and "Le Freak" became Atlantic Records biggest selling single ever. It also became the 3'rd biggest single in the music history. It's still the most sold record ever in Canada and the single sold over 6 million copies only in the US. But after 6 million copies sold of the single, Nile and Bernard choose to stop the single to not have it cut down the album sales. Who knows how big it would have become if they hadn't stopped it!?

Old Post Sep-01-2010 13:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin

bring cocoon & cadenza nights to the rotten apple.

Old Post Sep-01-2010 13:56  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

face control

Old Post Sep-01-2010 14:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz

ppplllleeeeeaaaaasssseeeee

Old Post Sep-01-2010 14:40  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Bobby Fist Pump
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm def interested to see how this goes as well. The Blk Market night, I can pretty much guarantee it will be house and tech. That's what they do!

I also think if any one can pull this off it will be Taimur. I also think if it doesn't work and does become Pacha 2 like some one suggested he would walk.

From the interview and a few conversations I've had with him he really wants a club you can go enjoy great music with no nonsence. If it becomes a hastle where it takes away from your clubbing experience it totally goes against what he believes in.

As for the guido thing. I have a few friends who are pretty guido and go to the Blk Market parties all the time. They have a great time and really love the music. I'm the first to say I hate the crowd at Pacha but this is a slippery slope.

Good luck to them! I'm really excited. The early bookings are phenomenal!

Old Post Sep-01-2010 15:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Fist Pump Click here to Send Bobby Fist Pump a Private Message Add Bobby Fist Pump to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by bradley rose
I never told anyone that the opening is Labor Day weekend, not sure who told you that. The official opening is Friday 09.17.10 as previously mentioned in this thread.

Peter did, he told me he ran into you on the street. But then again he rarely remembers details and I was thinking when he told me he most likely didn't remember the exact date

I'm stoked for this! I know Taimur is going to do a great job @ D36

Old Post Sep-07-2010 01:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

I saw a few people wearing D36 shirts at EZoo. They were also handing out Sankeys flyers at the end of yesterday. Between the success of EZoo and now D36 and Sankeys....exciting times for EDM in NYC

Old Post Sep-07-2010 01:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Sankeys flyers

Post pic!

Old Post Sep-07-2010 01:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

I did see quite few people with D36 tshirts at Sunday School Grove. I was at least expecting them to hand out fliers for any upcoming parties.

Old Post Sep-07-2010 01:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz

I second this. I want Luciano to come ASAP! Papa Sven sometime soon would be a treat as well.

Old Post Sep-07-2010 02:03  United States
stvy
Supreme tranceaddict

what time will this place be closing around? also how is parking in that area at night? i'm probably going to this coming from boston so wanna know what to expect. never dealt w/that area at night.

Last edited by stvy on Sep-07-2010 at 17:12

Old Post Sep-07-2010 14:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for stvy Click here to Send stvy a Private Message Add stvy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackkick-ass break-beat track!! plz help to identify! [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSosa - The Wave [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread