Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Roland System-8
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

"name calling"... promptly proceeds to name calling

explain again the fault of the system-8 without sounding like a jaded arsehole. it doesn't define a generation or something? well, i doubt it, but it's best we actually wait and see what impact it has, since we can't see into the future...

overpriced, under specced? how so. the (8 voice) JP-8000 was the same price back when, without a LOT of the features. the other comparison would be a VA nord. again, similar price, but nowhere near the features or functionality of the S-8. the nord has more voices i believe, but i don't hear anyone complaining the jupiter-8 doesn't have enough voices. remember this is modeled on actual synths, it isn't some no holds barred digital poly.

system-8 is a solid, feature packed synth. it can sound digital or analogue. the reaction from experienced synth players who have actually gotten their mitts on it has been very positive.

it trades on past glories. and that's exactly what the people who buy it are looking for. if i'm a fool, what does that make the chumps shelling out 10 grand for a 30 year old synth?

Old Post Oct-28-2016 12:05  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
i'f i'm a fool, what does that make the chumps shelling out 10 grand for a 30 year old synths?

Informed collectors making a choice based on quality.

The opposite of that is somebody shelling out too much money for something they don't know how to use based on flashing lights and Instagram potential.

You'll learn son, one day.

Old Post Oct-28-2016 12:09  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

flashing lights? instagram?! wtf are you talking about gramps? fucking dementia kicking in i think.

btw, great argument. valid counter points.

if i was born 10 years ago, i'd have gotten a JP-8000. unfortunately i wasn't (apologies) so i am getting a system-8. same price, way more capable.

the supersaw trance revolution has been and gone. nothing i can do about that either. it isn't relevant to me buying this synth though.

Old Post Oct-28-2016 12:15  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Pretty sure that's Roland's new slogan.

They stole it from Behringer

quote:
And then sell 'the holy grail' 3 weeks later because it turned out those people who'd been using synths for 30 years were right all along.

He confuses experience for bitterness.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT GUYS!

Rubez is Juan Paulino!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct-28-2016 17:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

I hate it when I'm right, but...
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
But that's the tried and tested rubez way - first ask for opinions, then shit on everyone who doesn't agree. Never ever budge from your position for any reason.

It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy in this case, really.

Anywhere But Here - A progressive breaks mix

Old Post Oct-28-2016 21:45  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

this fucking thing sounds unreal

dialing in trippy intergalactic space sounds is ultra satisfying. blows every other synth i've even touched clean out the water.

no expert, but it does sound analogue. pretty sure the reviews will testify to that when they roll in.

Old Post Nov-04-2016 10:30  Scotland
FruitTumySlam
Junior tranceaddict

I would never ever get this, the system 1 was enough of a waste, if you want new digital external piece of kit, you have two options, Virus or Nordlead. I use the ultanova only cause it has Coax Spidf out.

Funny enough is that Roland mentions that the plug out version which 189$ is same exact quality as the hardware unit.

Last time getting any of my money.

Old Post Nov-18-2016 23:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for FruitTumySlam Click here to Send FruitTumySlam a Private Message Add FruitTumySlam to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

I've only just discovered this synth but am looking to get for xmas, I like it a lot;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbYeGztwiLg

Mopho x 4

Old Post Nov-28-2016 16:10  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by FruitTumySlam
I would never ever get this, the system 1 was enough of a waste, if you want new digital external piece of kit, you have two options, Virus or Nordlead. I use the ultanova only cause it has Coax Spidf out.

Funny enough is that Roland mentions that the plug out version which 189$ is same exact quality as the hardware unit.

Last time getting any of my money.

Wait, say it can't be true?

You bought something then realized afterwards it was a mistake and then sold it for a loss?

Well at least you'll never do that again, eh?

Old Post Nov-28-2016 18:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Afat failure
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Wait, say it can't be true?

You bought something then realized afterwards it was a mistake and then sold it for a loss?

Well at least you'll never do that again, eh?

Yeah all is good now, Nord just came in.

Old Post Nov-29-2016 01:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Afat failure Click here to Send Afat failure a Private Message Add Afat failure to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
I've only just discovered this synth but am looking to get for xmas, I like it a lot;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbYeGztwiLg

Mopho x 4

I had one for a while and it was a really cool synth! I replaced it with a Nord Rack 4 after I finished our album because I got bored with it (as I always do with analog synths), but still a really fun synth.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Nov-29-2016 02:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I had one for a while and it was a really cool synth! I replaced it with a Nord Rack 4 after I finished our album because I got bored with it (as I always do with analog synths), but still a really fun synth.

Well we went to a music shop Friday and my bets mate and I came away deflated, the DSI stuff and indeed everything else sounded a bit too clinical and pristine for current needs.

Tempted to wait for Deep Mind but we think this too will sound too pristine having lots of semi analog components and stabilisers under the bonnet.

Thinking to get an Analog Solutions Nyborg instead, which comes with choice of either Moog or the SEM filter.

Mmm

We were mind-blown by the current choice of digital synths on offer - we went in one room full of a load of Roland options - really confusing even for the staff there and similar with Korg - these ranges of seemingly quite similar synths.

Then there were some Yamaha Motifs etc etc there.

Honestly if I was in the market for another digital hardware synth I think I would just go with Nord as they at least have an understandable well position range of products IMO

Old Post Dec-05-2016 13:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Roland System-8
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread