Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2016/17 Winter Gas.
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

quote:
Originally posted by Mel David
Everyone's hopping on the analog train and going to sound the same.

What the fuck.

Anywhere But Here - A progressive breaks mix

Old Post Mar-10-2017 14:19  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
To which Deadmau5 sounds are you referring?

My take on his recent stuff is that he's using pure analogue tone to deliver the goods. You ain't gonna get that from anything Dave Smith makes (except maybe the OB6).

If I were you I'd grab a Mother 32 and something from Dreadbox and a load of patch cables. You'll have a small 'virtual' modular setup and the sound will be killer. Alternatives would be the 0-Coast or the Analogue Solutions Nyborg 12 or 24.

Fuck full on modular. It's just a way to spend money and make procrastination look deliberate.

I will look into those options you cite.

Just found a Pro 2 second hand at a fair price, but then realised DS is about to release this and imo it sounds nice in this vid;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QPp5yVQGA

Old Post Mar-10-2017 14:37  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

That'll be over 4k.

[I must have been thinking of Prophet 12 which is AUD $4,399.00 in oz. That REV 2 is AUD $2999 over here]

Last edited by Mel David on Mar-10-2017 at 15:00

Old Post Mar-10-2017 14:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mel David
That'll be over 4k.

1469 - unless there are 2 types?

Old Post Mar-10-2017 14:53  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
1469 - unless there are 2 types?

There's an 8 voice and 16 voice version, that'll be the 8 voice price.

The REV2 is basically a Prophet 08 with more options, the basic sound engine is identical.

I don't think the Pro2 will quench your thirst for tone, it's digital oscillators through analogue filters etc. I've always thought they sounded a little flat, despite the modulation/sequencing options.

Old Post Mar-10-2017 16:00  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Not really sure what synth you're after Rich as i get the feeling you're not sure yourself but..
you mentioned the Matrixbrute there - it could be the one

that Theremin sound at 1:50 is beautiful and the Sync sound before it just wooow

such a variety of sounds, Marc Doty was waxing lyrically about it on the last Sonicstate podcast, worth checking out!!

Old Post Mar-11-2017 22:42  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
What the fuck.

indeed

Old Post Mar-11-2017 22:43  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
Marc Doty was waxing lyrically about it on the last Sonicstate podcast, worth checking out!!

That dude has a special talent.

He can take literally any synth and turn it into a 3 hour history lesson, then spend the next hour making it sound shit.

Old Post Mar-11-2017 23:29  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
That dude has a special talent.

He can take literally any synth and turn it into a 3 hour history lesson, then spend the next hour making it sound shit.

Old Post Mar-11-2017 23:51  Ireland
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
There's an 8 voice and 16 voice version, that'll be the 8 voice price.

The REV2 is basically a Prophet 08 with more options, the basic sound engine is identical.

I don't think the Pro2 will quench your thirst for tone, it's digital oscillators through analogue filters etc. I've always thought they sounded a little flat, despite the modulation/sequencing options.

Mate I'm semi committed to buying a used Pro 2.

Damn I'm in 2 minds.
On the plus side it does seem to be capable of lots of dark techno esoteric sounds that I cant seem to get from other get I've had

The Pro 08 - am I thinking its a bit basic, although fully analogue? In the sense it wont be so good for big evolving unusual techno type sounds, but good for super saws and pads, right?

EVO - I love that Matrixbrute but bit beyond budget - just investing in a property

Old Post Mar-15-2017 14:03  United Kingdom
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm still not sure exactly what it is you're after. On the one hand you mention Deadmau5, but to me that's more pure analogue tone (whether that's from hardware or software), but you mention evolving techno sounds.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 15:23  United Kingdom
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

K so I'm not going for the DSI Pro 2 - you're right I'm not sure it will give me enough grunt.

The search goes on.

Deepmind - my mate and I worry about this one in the sense they seem to have spent energy and man hours on potentially irrelevant features such as that virtual reality carp, which has to be at the expense of what I'm after - a hands on synths that is great sounding, user friendly and based on classic analog flow - I used to own a Moog Rogue which was the most intuitive thing ever but too limited

That Mother 32 thing you mentioned, my mate and I were not very impressed, for a start it's just too small and yes that does matter to us. Plus I want a classic synth with keyboard.

Maybe save up for that Matrixbrute thingy

My Roland JD X8 main niggle is all the menu diving. I wished they'd not bothered with the digital synth side and just gave me more pots to twiddle. A nice sound it has but it's too limited in terms of features and programming

REV 2 Maybe? I would prefer poly or paraphonic over monophonic

I had an Analog Solutions Leipzig monosynth - too limited

Old Post Mar-16-2017 11:37  United Kingdom

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2016/17 Winter Gas.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread