Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I don't think I'm in this one. I've got a big project in the pipe that will use up everything I've got. It could be a theme challenge (loosely), but it would be a hell of a commitment for everyone who took part.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-12-2017 12:19  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

So the challenge starts Sunday evening, I wanted to float the two directions by the challengers first.

1) Pick one theme for everyone
2) Distribute each theme randomly

With such a diverse and interesting list of themes, I am leaning towards #2 but I can understand if a bunch of people just want to bash out a Peak Hours mix.

Any last thoughts?

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jul-18-2017 13:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Well, I already stated that bashing out a peak hours set would be fun, but now I'm kinda leaning for option 2. Just give me whatever.

Old Post Jul-18-2017 14:01  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

IMO your challenge, your rules. i would say one theme for all. or maybe for added challenge combine two themes such as a peak time set for a summer party outdoors

Old Post Jul-18-2017 16:10  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I would highly recommend choosing one theme, not distributing them randomly. A lot of the fun of the theme challenge is seeing how different individuals, that one knows, interpret a given theme differently, in my opinion.

Sand Leaper, I was myself thinking of the US' Southern States when suggesting 'Deep South', but I wished to leave it open to each individual to interpret those two words as they would - perhaps to some it would suggest the deepest jungles of the Dark Continent! Always fun to leave some ambiguity in these things...

Old Post Jul-21-2017 23:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Okay, I'm aware that I'm just flip-flopping now, but I just noticed that a horror theme was suggested. That would be awesome.

Old Post Jul-22-2017 12:44  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
I would highly recommend choosing one theme, not distributing them randomly. A lot of the fun of the theme challenge is seeing how different individuals, that one knows, interpret a given theme differently, in my opinion.

Sand Leaper, I was myself thinking of the US' Southern States when suggesting 'Deep South', but I wished to leave it open to each individual to interpret those two words as they would - perhaps to some it would suggest the deepest jungles of the Dark Continent! Always fun to leave some ambiguity in these things...

Okay I think I have a good idea how to do this thing now.

Lews, are you in man? I can extend to the end of October.

Old Post Jul-23-2017 15:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

ChallengerTheme
ziptnfSummertime vibes
Mr. MysteryHorror
the-sixthUrbanity
AlphaStarredUnderwater
Sand LeaperPeak Hours
Mr Game+WatchDeep South
djdkDriving
planetaryplayerRooftop Party
LewsAutumn

I tried a bunch of ways to make a single selection where everybody could interpret a theme differently, and I realized that I was just robbing myself and others of a host of other great ideas. The range of subtle to vast differences in interpretation is indeed the best part of a theme challenge, but I simply couldn't select just one. So I assigned one to everyone. I cut "Autumn" from the selection choices because I couldn't particularly identify a distinguished feature of music that I would associate with Fall.

I hope everyone is happy with their assignments. Since the rules are basically up to me, I have to make tough decisions. So I didn't leave it up to RNG this time; I specifically selected the themes for each challenger.

Good luck, have fun, and happy mixing!

(P.S. Lews if you still want in, you can take Autumn or a theme of my choice)

Last edited by ziptnf on Jul-24-2017 at 13:18

Old Post Jul-24-2017 00:16 
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Deep South? Hmm, that's gonna be pretty tough... Only thing that immediately comes to mind is this:

I'll have to get creative!

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Jul-24-2017 00:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Sweet!
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
Deep South? Hmm, that's gonna be pretty tough... Only thing that immediately comes to mind is this:

Just have that on repeat for an hour and you're done

Old Post Jul-24-2017 07:11  Finland
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I'm happy to take Autumn, Nick

Old Post Jul-24-2017 09:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

Not much of a challenge, but alright. The last two I did were quite conceptual and multifaceted, so I guess making something very straightforward for a change wouldn't hurt. I have two ideas of where to go with this, so I just need to choose one of them. The weather has to get a bit worse before I start trawling stores online, though.

Old Post Jul-24-2017 12:56  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackneed an ID for this track..trance..cut from Above & Beyond show [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSasha - "Arkham Asylum" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread