Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday: The 13th and the 129th.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Might be even longer actually. The event page says "At least 9 hours" and the doors are apparently 8:00pm - 7:00am. Then the following night it's the Kompakt label party with Michael Mayer and Patrice Baumel. Oh, and Lee Burridge is playing in the afternoon on the same bill as Henry Saiz...

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-14-2017 07:11  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Might be even longer actually. The event page says "At least 9 hours" and the doors are apparently 8:00pm - 7:00am. Then the following night it's the Kompakt label party with Michael Mayer and Patrice Baumel. Oh, and Lee Burridge is playing in the afternoon on the same bill as Henry Saiz...

That's fucking deadly

Old Post Oct-14-2017 10:30  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

We've got tickets to Cattaneo and Kompakt. Burridge announced his party late after we'd already bought them, the bastard. I would much prefer to see him and Saiz than do the Kompakt night, which is hideously expensive and looks at bit mega-arena for my liking. If we wake up early enough and fresh enough on Saturday, we might still be able to catch the last few hours of Burridge. The only certainty is that the following week at work is going to be hell.

In slightly more sedate news, I discovered a beautiful walking route near the new flat today. I'm really enjoying living in this new area. It's got a proper leafy old England vibe to it, especially as the ivy-laced university campus is right on my doorstep.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-14-2017 12:52  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Working half a day from home, then family visitation at the funeral home for the passing of my maternal grandfather. Another month, another passed grandparent. He was 92, a veteran of The Battle of the Bulge in World War II...helluva man, and a tough old bird. He will be missed, greatly.

Sorry to hear that

Old Post Oct-14-2017 19:14  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Sorry to hear that

Thanks, Lira. We just got back from the ceremony. It was a nice service. The honor guard/flag ceremony/gun salute was very touching. He saw/experienced more in one lifetime than some would experience in 3 or 4. If he had lived until New Year's Day, he and my grandmother would have been married 70 years...again, longer than some people live. He was something of a local celebrity (as much as you can be in a small town), and the man never knew a stranger. He will be missed by many. I can't imagine how quiet the house will be after everyone is gone tonight. It breaks my heart to think of my grandmother being there alone. But she is a strong woman, and she will adapt.

Old Post Oct-14-2017 22:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I can't imagine how quiet the house will be after everyone is gone tonight. It breaks my heart to think of my grandmother being there alone. But she is a strong woman, and she will adapt.

Omg. Shit like this gets a person right in the feelings.

My sincere condolences to you.

Old Post Oct-15-2017 07:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Omg. Shit like this gets a person right in the feelings.

My sincere condolences to you.

Thank you, Jenny. I'm on vacation the week after next, so the wifey and I are going to go visit her and take her out to lunch, if she's up to going. If not, we'll just chill at the house and maybe walk around the farm a little. There was a picture of my grandfather by his casket. He was in his US Army uniform...he was just 19 years old. I know we live in very different times, but I couldn't help but look at him and think, "most 19 year olds today can't even hold down a job, balance a check book, or make a monthly car payment...and there he was, removed from a tiny little country town in the mountains of TN, and thrust into one of the worst battles of WW II." I know if I had faced the same at 19, I would not have had the bravery and mental capacity to handle it as well as he did. Pa has...well, had...a GI blanket given to him in the Army. He would often take out that blanket, unfold it, and hold it up. In it was a bullet hole. While in a fox hole, a bullet had passed through his pack, and thus the blanket, and killed his friend next to him. It took many, many years for him to be able to tell that story in its entirety without breaking down. I don't mean to go on and on about him, but I simply have unending respect for him...and not just him, but that entire generation. American, British, French...any man, woman, or child, who was thrust into that horrible situation of trying to end a type of horror, war, and tyranny, the likes of which the world had never seen before...and with no clear notion that it would end in their lifetime, victorious or not. When they were termed "The Greatest Generation," they were called such accurately. Every year fewer and fewer of them are with us. It humbles me to my soul. Thanks for listening to my "rantings".

Old Post Oct-15-2017 10:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I agree wholeheartedly. I never knew my own grandparents so never really got to know any of my elders and that generation until I started nursing, and worked in a retirement home. We have nothing on folks from that time.

Rant away!

Old Post Oct-15-2017 11:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
I agree wholeheartedly. I never knew my own grandparents so never really got to know any of my elders and that generation until I started nursing, and worked in a retirement home. We have nothing on folks from that time.

Rant away!

I consider myself very fortunate. My paternal grandfather died in 2002, so I was in my mid 20s. Now, at 40, I've lost my paternal grandmother, aged 90, and my maternal grandfather, aged 92, within the course of a month. I am fortunate to have had them in my life for so many years, and I am grateful that they were blessed with so many years. I know I'll never make 92 or 90. I feel like 65 will be pushing it based on how hard I lived in my 20s combined with genetic factors on my dad's side of the family. Dad told me once that he can't think of a male on his side that's lived past 80. Cardiovascular disease runs HARD on that side. We are also naturally prone to "stress out" more often than not, and the cortisol produced by such an "over-response" to common stressors has a positive correlation with arterial plaque development and hardening of the arteries, as I understand it. If I am going to make it to 90, I'm going to have to get out of IT work/support, where I am expected to keep shit up, running, and available 24/7/365 all while dealing with over 250 users that don't know the difference between a computer/terminal and a monitor...and surround myself with provocatively dressed women who feed me Xanax bars and lie to convince me how handsome I really am.

Old Post Oct-15-2017 11:15  United States
Silky Johnson

Ah shit.

Oh, and re: your grandparents having been married nearly 70 years - I took care of a couple at the retirement home I worked at, married 72 years! They didn't live in the same room because they both had dementia; his was much worse, so he lived on the first floor and she on the third. Because he was wheelchair bound he was one of the first to be brought to the dining room for meals before the more independent folks - like his wife, who lived on the third floor and was often the last to make it down for meals.

Anyway, he'd be waiting for her every single meal, and every single time she'd round the corner from getting off the elevator his whole being would light up and he'd exclaim, like it was the first time seeing her, "There she is!! There's my sweetheart!!" and fall in love with her over and over again. Every. Single. Time.

Then when they'd sit together after meals, he'd caress and pat her hand and tell her "You have no idea how much I love you! I'll love you forever!"

FUCK. *sheds an icy tear*

Old Post Oct-15-2017 11:23 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:

Ah shit.

Oh, and re: your grandparents having been married nearly 70 years - I took care of a couple at the retirement home I worked at, married 72 years! They didn't live in the same room because they both had dementia; his was much worse, so he lived on the first floor and she on the third. Because he was wheelchair bound he was one of the first to be brought to the dining room for meals before the more independent folks - like his wife, who lived on the third floor and was often the last to make it down for meals.

Anyway, he'd be waiting for her every single meal, and every single time she'd round the corner from getting off the elevator his whole being would light up and he'd exclaim, like it was the first time seeing her, "There she is!! There's my sweetheart!!" and fall in love with her over and over again. Every. Single. Time.

Then when they'd sit together after meals, he'd caress and pat her hand and tell her "You have no idea how much I love you! I'll love you forever!"

FUCK. *sheds an icy tear*

That's a lovely story. It sounds cliched, I know, like something out of "The Notebook," but as cliched as it may be, granny and pa reminded me very much of "The Notebook". They argued, of course, like all married couples, but they loved one another fiercely. I think that kind of true love and devotion is relatively rare now. Another thing...another "custom" that will pass with that generation. True story: granny's vision, several years ago, was encumbered by cataracts. She was having trouble distinguishing colors. Pa was, at the time, having difficulties that made it unsafe for him to drive. So, the two of them, all Bonnie and Clyde like, worked out a deal unbeknownst to their children: Granny would drive the car, since she was more physically capable at the time, and Pa would tell her the color of the traffic lights! This went on for some time, until the kids figured out what was going on. Granny eventually had surgery to correct the cataracts, much to the relief of all.

Old Post Oct-15-2017 11:32  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday: The 13th and the 129th.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread