Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > RIP Adam ‘MCA’ Yauch of Beastie Boys
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...31#post11258831

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-07-2012 03:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ShabbaRANNx
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
Nice diversion. You said he lived 6 years past the average life span for being diagnosed for Pancreatic cancer. That might be true if the form of cancer he had didn't have a dramatically better prognosis than your run of the mill Pancreatic Cancer you dolt.

And it's "a bad rap" you fucking moron. If you're going to try to insult someone, try to spell your words right.

Just so you can't back your way out of it:

Look up the life expectancy of a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer that develops islet cell tumors. The average survival rate is over 3 years and some live 20+ years with it.

God you're stupid. Try doing the 2 minutes of research it would take to not look like a complete uninformed neanderthal before you start pulling figures out your ass.

No diversion here fuckwit, apart from you trying a make a big deal about spelling - i mean shit I'm typing this watching telly and fixing something, so you're getting all of 5% of me.

and that makes this next part even worse because I'm staying right on topic;

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by THE PANCREATIC CANCER NETWORK (ONLY THE LARGEST AUTHORITY ON PANCREATIC CANCER IN THE USA) According to a population-based study, the average life expectancy after diagnosis with a metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor, which means that the cancer has spread, is 23 months

Sorry Genuis, but dang. there it is in black and white.

Man, those words about research must be ringing around the space between your ears.

Oh, hang on, if you're as shit at maths as you are at arguing you probably think 23 months is 3 years right?

Old Post May-07-2012 06:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ShabbaRANNx Click here to Send ShabbaRANNx a Private Message Add ShabbaRANNx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

LOLing at all the rage here

And stop posting with your alt, Rann!

Old Post May-07-2012 07:03  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Lol, sorry mate! auto login on my phone. and no rage, just like messing with him

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
Not everybody's goal when they have a terminal illness is to live as many extra years as they can. In fact most terminally ill/dying people don't want that, but rather to live what time they have left to the fullest. I'm not sure if you'r aware, but cancer treatment can be really aggressive, and it beats the shit out of people almost as badly as the cancer itself. Perhaps people that choose alternative medicine do so merely to enjoy a better quality of life, however limited it may be.

Totally hear you Miss Pie, and I watched a family member go this way so I understand what you're saying, but that wasn't the case with jobs or what I'm slapping that twit russell about.

Jobs really did go after treatment in an agressive and committed way, he just picked the wrong one at the wrong time. The irony is, that had he made all the alternative lifestyle changes after the having done the surgery right away, it would have probably been the best possible form of treatment and most likely alive for many more years.

Old Post May-07-2012 07:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Perhaps people that choose alternative medicine do so merely to enjoy a better quality of life, however limited it may be.

if that were the case why choose alternative "medicine" over doing nothing at all? same result, and you don't come off looking like a fucking moron.

Old Post May-07-2012 07:32  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Lol, sorry mate! auto login on my phone. .

You acknowledge that?!

Ubuntu, My Fellow Pleiadians, Ubuntu!

Old Post May-07-2012 07:53  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Lagrangian
You acknowledge that?!

Rann's suspension was accidental at the time, so an alt was fine until admin sorted it out. It was like playing dress-up. And Rann likes to dress up, from what I hear. Such a pretty thing, he is.

The bigger question, since you seem to know quite a bit about things here...

Whose alt are you?

The running joke is Winston. Are you that joke?

Old Post May-07-2012 08:38  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
if that were the case why choose alternative "medicine" over doing nothing at all? same result, and you don't come off looking like a fucking moron.

What don't you understand about the notion of quality of life?

Old Post May-07-2012 10:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
What don't you understand about the notion of quality of life?

i understand that playing pretend and doing nothing have the exact same results, and that if someone was really concerned about the quality of their life (as opposed to grasping at magical straws) then doing nothing is the better fit.

someone primarily concerned about the quality of their life wouldn't waste their time, effort and money on voodoo medicine. they want their cake/eat it too by not having the side effects of cancer treatment (fair enough) while simultaneously being able to pretend they're still doing their bit by embracing bullshit (bollocks).

do or do not. there is no try.

Old Post May-07-2012 10:47  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Rann's suspension was accidental at the time, so an alt was fine until admin sorted it out. It was like playing dress-up. And Rann likes to dress up, from what I hear. Such a pretty thing, he is.

The bigger question, since you seem to know quite a bit about things here...

Whose alt are you?

The running joke is Winston. Are you that joke?

Clearly, half of TAs had a hard time passing their 'reading comprehension 101' class in primary school.

I am 'Lagrangian', thinking about changing my username to 'Skew-Symmetry'. But not, 'Winston'. Although his thread is quite useful to me, as I am always listening to music, and sharing it.

Ubuntu, My Fellow Pleiadians, Ubuntu!

Old Post May-07-2012 15:10  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by ShabbaRANNx

You'd be right if the tumor was metastatic when it was found, which it wasn't.

So still, you're dumb.

Old Post May-07-2012 15:19  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
i understand that playing pretend and doing nothing have the exact same results, and that if someone was really concerned about the quality of their life (as opposed to grasping at magical straws) then doing nothing is the better fit.

someone primarily concerned about the quality of their life wouldn't waste their time, effort and money on voodoo medicine. they want their cake/eat it too by not having the side effects of cancer treatment (fair enough) while simultaneously being able to pretend they're still doing their bit by embracing bullshit (bollocks).

do or do not. there is no try.

Oh really? And how do you know what dying people want? Spent a lot of time with the sick and dying, have you?

Old Post May-07-2012 17:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > RIP Adam ‘MCA’ Yauch of Beastie Boys
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown Beautiful Trance Song - Needs Identifying... [2012] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEdward Shearmur - "New Mexico" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread