Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > How To Use Beatport (Properly)
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ChrstnMchl
Senior tranceaddict

Thanks again for this advice. I play multiple genres so this has been extremely helpful. My cue is constantly full now. I am racking up a huge collection of favorites. My hold bin is packed. My workday is awesome because I am listening to music all day now.

I once thought Beatport was burdensome and now it seems so easy. Your advice should have been obvious. Now my biggest concern is that I have too much GOOD music to choose from. I seldom hear the random junk I was before either.

I'm sure once I make it through all of the artist top tens it will calm down some, then it will just be all of the artist and label new releases, but right now, I am inundated with quality tunes. And, thanks to the hold bin I don't have to pass up on ANYTHING. I can just buy it later if and when it seems more relevant to a future gig.

I kinda wish my cue would carry over from computer to computer like my cart and hold bin do, but it kinda helps having more cue lists as well. I listen to everything at work and add stuff to my hold bin. On the weekend I listen to my hold bin at home on my 12" monitors to make the final decision to buy. So, I can keep my work cue going uninterrupted and have a different cue at home more directed at exact purchases. Its kinda like my work computer has my hold bin cue and my home computer has my purchase cue...

Any, props and thanks again. I never fell out of love with the music, but since I finally made the switch to Traktor and now understand how to use Beatport, I am deeply, madly, in love with music.

Old Post Mar-02-2012 17:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ChrstnMchl Click here to Send ChrstnMchl a Private Message Add ChrstnMchl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Targus28
tranceaddict

great advice, thanks (:

Old Post May-18-2012 20:15  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Targus28 Click here to Send Targus28 a Private Message Add Targus28 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sikele
Junior tranceaddict

nice thread

I dont know which is worse it`s worse
Beatport recommendations or beatport`s search engine.

Old Post Aug-09-2012 01:04  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for sikele Click here to Send sikele a Private Message Visit sikele's homepage! Add sikele to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blazeo
tranceaddict

Good advice! Cheers!

Old Post Mar-18-2013 19:48  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Blazeo Click here to Send Blazeo a Private Message Add Blazeo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StevenHays
tranceaddict in training

This is so spot on. Since getting back into DJing this past month, I've relied heavily on Beatport for music versus the days of Release Records, Chemical Records, Dance Records, Juno, etc. for exclusive vinyl. If it made vinyl you knew it was good enough to be pressed. What I thought was great was all of the access you have available now, but to this thread's point there is so much sh*t out there being produced and sent to Beatport. I can spend hours and only come away with 1 or 2 tracks.

Great thread man.

Old Post Mar-24-2013 22:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for StevenHays Click here to Send StevenHays a Private Message Visit StevenHays's homepage! Add StevenHays to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ptrpaul77
tranceaddict

If you use Beatport Pro on a Mac, here's another tip that may not have occurred to some. Go into your previously downloaded tracks and sort by label. Look for labels that you've purchased from multiple times - yet don't follow - and follow them. The Beatport Manager is a pop-up window so cross-referencing your downloads list with labels you follow is easy (it's a pity the labels you follow aren't color-coded in the downloads list - that would be even better. Next update perhaps?) Thanks to Beatport Pro, I discovered that I'd purchased tracks from a few labels that I wasn't following. You can do this with artists too to see if any have fallen through the cracks.

And you can use this feature to cross-reference with the labels you follow to see if there are any that you've never bought from, and stop following them to cut down on the number of tracks you have to sift through each week.

Old Post Jun-06-2013 01:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ptrpaul77 Click here to Send ptrpaul77 a Private Message Add ptrpaul77 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Metamorph
tranceaddict in training

Credit Card Spam

BeatPort charged my card four times for one fairly large order. Suffice to say I am about to cancel credit card authorization and BeatPort account.

Contacted them and waiting for refund which will take a lot longer than than they took to charge my card

My lawyer is sharpening his pencil.

Old Post Jun-07-2013 23:39  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Metamorph Click here to Send Metamorph a Private Message Add Metamorph to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

I would also definitely include Soundcloud and (to a lesser extent) Bandcamp as other media sources to look into when you come across an artist/track you like on Beatport, as the artist will often host in full their entire discography (which often isn't on Beatport) on either of those sites.

Old Post Oct-25-2013 05:19  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

http://www.**********.com/

Old Post Apr-20-2014 05:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kyl33
tranceaddict in training

Thanks for the tips. I don't think I'll be buying things from Beatport, however; it's too expensive when there's the same song (and same quality) available for a lower price. I'll buy stuff if it's exclusive to Beatport, I guess.

Old Post Nov-23-2014 19:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kyl33 Click here to Send kyl33 a Private Message Add kyl33 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wizniz
operator

Monkey Dancer 2

good tips m8

Old Post Feb-23-2015 06:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for wizniz Click here to Send wizniz a Private Message Visit wizniz's homepage! Add wizniz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ptrpaul77
If you use Beatport Pro on a Mac, here's another tip that may not have occurred to some. Go into your previously downloaded tracks and sort by label. Look for labels that you've purchased from multiple times - yet don't follow - and follow them. The Beatport Manager is a pop-up window so cross-referencing your downloads list with labels you follow is easy (it's a pity the labels you follow aren't color-coded in the downloads list - that would be even better. Next update perhaps?) Thanks to Beatport Pro, I discovered that I'd purchased tracks from a few labels that I wasn't following. You can do this with artists too to see if any have fallen through the cracks.

And you can use this feature to cross-reference with the labels you follow to see if there are any that you've never bought from, and stop following them to cut down on the number of tracks you have to sift through each week.

That's a really good tip!

Old Post Sep-07-2017 23:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > How To Use Beatport (Properly)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeed a acid techno track i.d'd [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJohannes Heil - "Paranoid Dancer" (DJ Hell Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread