Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > So the MK7 has arrived..
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

So the MK7 has arrived..

That's Technics1210 MK7 in nice black finish..

$1,000

Old Post May-06-2019 21:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

There's a bit on controversy about these.

On the one hand they finally included some features like removable RCA's and power plug, coreless motor and some that people were modding themselves (reverse, brake and start control, 78rpm etc) but on the other hand, it seems they've replaced the shell material with a fibreglass composite that's much lighter and the whole unit is 2kg's less meaning it's going to be far more susceptible to rumble and interference.

I don't know anything that's actually bought one and I have a feeling they'll be fine for home DJ use, but won't cut it in a club.

Old Post May-07-2019 18:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

off topic:

If phaze didn't exist I'd would have been on a look out for pioneer XDJ 1000 the SPDIF CD Less version of a nexus 2000. The prices are outrageous and used, even worse.

Old Post May-07-2019 19:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

It is kinda on topic though.

Phase (if they get their shit together) is going to kill off Pioneer's entire club division of CDJ's.

There's literally no need for $4k worth of Nexus or $2k of XDJ when two old 1210's and $350 phase DVS does the trick.

Apparently the back orders for Phase are insane. PSSL hve 50 on back order which are all accounted for, then another three orders after that virtually all spoken for.

That's one branch of PSSL. GC is the same.

Ebay is being flooded with Nexus CDJ's as we speak. The price is going to drop hard in the coming months.

Old Post May-08-2019 01:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Also, that Turntable controller from Rane looks really redundant now that phase is here. On the contrary Pioneer is selling or already sold their stocks on the DJ Equipment range, if I recall correctly, there is article circulating facebook.

& those Pioneer wolfson DACs are horrible, good riddance.

Edit: I won't back away and pull out on phase, I'll wait Rann, on the other hand, my s-120's track better than them Shure m-44's.

Old Post May-08-2019 01:28  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Hides in Shadow
Also, that Turntable controller from Rane looks really redundant now that phase is here. On the contrary Pioneer is selling or already sold their stocks on the DJ Equipment range, if I recall correctly, there is article circulating facebook.

& those Pioneer wolfson DACs are horrible, good riddance.

Edit: I won't back away and pull out on phase, I'll wait Rann, on the other hand, my s-120's track better than them Shure m-44's.

Pionner are basically selling their remaining 15% share of Pioneer DJ. It'll still be sold as Pio DJ but not really be pioneer anymore.

Pioneer will still sell DJ mixers to clubs as that's what most uninformed Dj's request for uniformity (those that know better ask for A&H, right Freak?)

Back on Topic:

My phase didn't fucking arrive.

PSSL said that Phase pushed back the delivery date now to the 15th...and then said that's the projected date, not 100% confirmed.

These clowns better get their shit together. Apparently the delay to was to make sure all the units had the latest firmware update.

Old Post May-08-2019 21:41 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Pionner are basically selling their remaining 15% share of Pioneer DJ. It'll still be sold as Pio DJ but not really be pioneer anymore.

Pioneer will still sell DJ mixers to clubs as that's what most uninformed Dj's request for uniformity (those that know better ask for A&H, right Freak?)

Back on Topic:

My phase didn't fucking arrive.

PSSL said that Phase pushed back the delivery date now to the 15th...and then said that's the projected date, not 100% confirmed.

These clowns better get their shit together. Apparently the delay to was to make sure all the units had the latest firmware update.

Damn that sucks, and on my end sucks even more, phase won't ship out till June 4th according to tracking at musiciansfriend.

Old Post May-08-2019 23:00  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Ah shit, I bet you mine will get pushed back.

I may be lucky as PSSL were only getting 50 and I'm in that backorder shipment, but it could be that all orders got pushed back.

I'll know in a week.

Old Post May-09-2019 00:11 
Brandt Slater
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
It is kinda on topic though.

Phase (if they get their shit together) is going to kill off Pioneer's entire club division of CDJ's.

There's literally no need for $4k worth of Nexus or $2k of XDJ when two old 1210's and $350 phase DVS does the trick.

Apparently the back orders for Phase are insane. PSSL hve 50 on back order which are all accounted for, then another three orders after that virtually all spoken for.

That's one branch of PSSL. GC is the same.

Ebay is being flooded with Nexus CDJ's as we speak. The price is going to drop hard in the coming months.

Also too, Denon has been slowly eating away at Pioneer. Starting to see more folks favoring the SC's over CDJ's.

I wouldn't be surprised if In Music buys out Phase.

Old Post Jun-02-2019 20:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Brandt Slater Click here to Send Brandt Slater a Private Message Add Brandt Slater to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Brandt Slater
Also too, Denon has been slowly eating away at Pioneer. Starting to see more folks favoring the SC's over CDJ's.

I wouldn't be surprised if In Music buys out Phase.

From what I understand, phase has been approached multiple times for a buyout but the owners aren't budging. They've done some kind of working deal with serato bit I think they're holding off until they have market dominance and have basically killed all the other DVS companies (and pioneer DJ lol) and then at that point, one of the big boys will buy them.

Old Post Jun-07-2019 21:44 
Freak
Insert witty comment here

Doesn't feel much better...
Honest advice? If you want to spend this much get a pair of mk4s... or a set of mk2/3/5

Old Post Jun-25-2019 04:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Yeah frack it, who needs it.. I got what I need and staying with it.

Last edited by Hides in Shadow on Jun-26-2019 at 11:38

Old Post Jun-25-2019 19:23  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > So the MK7 has arrived..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread