Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Fall 2018 Gas
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mel David
You may see video projectors being discounted recently. This is because they are going to be superseded by laser projectors which are getting more affordable. They have their uses for lighting effects for music videos, displaying video & still images, song lyrics, etc.

It's interdasting in that I went to an Imax over the weeked (First Man if you must know) and they were lauding the fact it was a laser projector.

I will say the picture was fucking insane quality so it doesn't surprise me that they're coming to the consumer level now.

I own a laser cutter/engraver and having followed the laser machine market for about 5 years now, it's amazing to see how fast and cheap laser technology has become. Like 10 years ago, aan at home RF or Co2 laser was easily 5 figures. Now you can build your own for $800 or buy a shitty K40 for like $350 but it'll still work. It's outstripping moore's law by some pace.

There's also something going on with SSD's right now. There's been a sudden drop in the cost per GB. Something to do with companies supplying too much NAND. I think they're basically trying to kill off the HDD market for good.

Old Post Oct-23-2018 19:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

I need me a couple of 2TB SSDs. Been waiting forever for them to get affordable. I won an auction for a 2nd-hand 480GB SSD about a year ago for $120 and that greatly enhanced the performance speed of our iMac. I want all my sample libs and project files on SSD.

You can get a good domestic laser projector for about 2K these days. But the normal 1080P led projectors are being reduced to around $200 or so. They're only about 3000 lumens but that is enough for what I want to use it for. The ultimate gobos!

Last edited by Mel David on Oct-30-2018 at 12:07

Old Post Oct-25-2018 13:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

I just purchased this vocal sample pack as it has the most useful vocal phrases I've heard in a sample pack. Ever.

https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/vocal-megapack-5

None of you buy it as I'm going to make future hits from this pack!

Old Post Oct-26-2018 07:38  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

What VSTi would you guys recommend for the best possible evolving pads?

I just demo'd Icarus by Tone2, and whilst there's some great sonic capabilities, the pads and soundscapes did not impress

Old Post Oct-27-2018 20:51  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

I lean towards absynth or Zebra 2 for pads but can't say I've tried much of what else is out there.

Old Post Oct-27-2018 23:26  Australia
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
What VSTi would you guys recommend for the best possible evolving pads?

I just demo'd Icarus by Tone2, and whilst there's some great sonic capabilities, the pads and soundscapes did not impress

Evolving pads can mean anything. Depends what you're after.

Old Post Oct-28-2018 14:58  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Evolving pads can mean anything. Depends what you're after.

I'm after something that lends itself well to rich pads suitable for deep house and atmospheric DnB

I spend hours on Serum and other synths but cant get the pads lush and atmospheric enough. My JDXA is nice for pads but I cant get quite enough LFO action going on it.

MEL - Yes I've heard Absynth is good for pads, I might check it out

Old Post Oct-28-2018 20:57  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

The atmospheric DnB stuff is going to be mostly about filters and probably some mild phasing etc. The ultimate pad plugin is still Omnisphere imo, but that's as much to do with the sampled oscillator sources as the synth engine. Absynth is definitely great too, although the UI is fucking abysmal.

Old Post Oct-28-2018 21:34  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
The atmospheric DnB stuff is going to be mostly about filters and probably some mild phasing etc. The ultimate pad plugin is still Omnisphere imo, but that's as much to do with the sampled oscillator sources as the synth engine. Absynth is definitely great too, although the UI is fucking abysmal.

Nice one mate, I've been toying with Omni for yrs but I have this problem with very expensive software.

I've been persevering with Icarus in demo form and they're the best softsynth filters I've ever played with.

Decisions....

Old Post Oct-31-2018 21:59  United Kingdom
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
Nice one mate, I've been toying with Omni for yrs but I have this problem with very expensive software.

I've been persevering with Icarus in demo form and they're the best softsynth filters I've ever played with.

Decisions....

I think what people forget is that you're also buying the vast, vast sample content that's included for oscillator sources.

It's a lot of money, but I think it's worth it. There's nothing else like it.

Alchemy would be a fair comparison, but they made you pay for all the extra sample content/preset packs. It's all free with Omnisphere. Always has been.

Old Post Nov-01-2018 16:53  United Kingdom
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

I have to agree with Geoff; Omni really is the standard.

It's 64gb and nothing really comes close to being that good at pads.

Old Post Nov-01-2018 17:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

Try hive from U-he

Hive

Listen to some sounds and see if this is something that would work for you - it is around 150.00 euro. I'm quite happy with it

Cheers

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Nov-01-2018 19:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Fall 2018 Gas
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack 5 from Max Graham's GDJB Set 31-01-05 [2005] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackX-ite - Research (Hipnotic Mix) [2010]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread