Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > So what headphones are you using to listen to music these days.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

So what headphones are you using to listen to music these days.

I just picked some AUDIO-TECHNICA M50XBT because the reviews were so positive and bluetooth is essential. Anyone one else cut the cord yet? If so, what did you decide upon?

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Apr-09-2019 01:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

No cord cuts for me yet, but if Sennheiser ever creates a bluetooth headphone that can compare to the Senn 650 or Senn Momentum, I may consider it.

/forever a Senn-slut

(~)

Old Post Apr-09-2019 01:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
No cord cuts for me yet, but if Sennheiser ever creates a bluetooth headphone that can compare to the Senn 650 or Senn Momentum, I may consider it.

/forever a Senn-slut

i'll have to test those out when i upgrade.

i have a question? how is the sound isolation when you are listening to music? doesn't it leak in, being that they are open back? how bad is it?

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Last edited by Spacey Orange on Apr-09-2019 at 03:17

Old Post Apr-09-2019 02:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

It does leak, but when I listen to the 650s, it's usually just for personal use at home, typically when I want to hear more dynamic range than my home theatre allows without annoying the apartment neighbors. They're best for casual use, not for studio mastering or the like.

The Momentums are for out-and-about use, and do a pretty good job cancelling out all but the most noisiest of traffic. Their best feature though, is they don't require the same amount of volume gain to properly drive them compared to most cans. They're specifically designed to get max efficiency out of portable devices.

(~)

Old Post Apr-09-2019 10:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

agreed with most of the post here, i use the beats phones when i am on the treadmill or on my morning commute

and when im at home i use the sony mdr 7520

the impedance is 24 ohms , so i can pretty much use it on any device without the need for an amplifier...

Old Post Apr-09-2019 14:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sh33p
disco fvrd, house flvrd..

i use mostly bose qc35ii, yes, the sound quality isn't there comparing to the expensive sennheisers or audio technicas, but noise cancellation is a must at work

Old Post Apr-13-2019 19:32  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for sh33p Click here to Send sh33p a Private Message Add sh33p to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
agreed with most of the post here, i use the beats phones when i am on the treadmill or on my morning commute

and when im at home i use the sony mdr 7520

the impedance is 24 ohms , so i can pretty much use it on any device without the need for an amplifier...

So, it's lower or higher the better? I think I need new cans cuz mine are somewhat almost broken.

Old Post May-13-2019 05:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
t3cHn0_43ad

Senn HD600 for my mains (if no one is around me/in my office at home). MDR 7506 is still a great option for listening, especially for the price. Still have my HDJ 1000's from years ago for DJ'ing.

Last edited by KiNeTiC ENeRgY on May-13-2019 at 16:05

Old Post May-13-2019 14:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KiNeTiC ENeRgY Click here to Send KiNeTiC ENeRgY a Private Message Add KiNeTiC ENeRgY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

I'm using the discontinued Senn's HD8 DJ's, couldn't find a replacement cable but only in china (ebay) which I won't be using again, poor quality.

Old Post May-13-2019 15:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

Usually stuck listening to whatever i'm building at the moment

Last edited by Viber on May-20-2019 at 13:32

Old Post May-20-2019 13:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Viber Click here to Send Viber a Private Message Add Viber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by Hides in Shadow
So, it's lower or higher the better? I think I need new cans cuz mine are somewhat almost broken.

I just know that low impedance phones were created for ease of use and can be used on literally any device , where as high impedance phones like the sennheiser 600 is more for home use it needs an actual amplifier to reach it's full potential

I'm not sure if that makes the former better

I think you can get clarity out of both

some companies offer the same headphone in different ohm versions like Beyerdynamic with the dt 880's 32 ohms- 600 ohms

Old Post May-21-2019 22:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
I just know that low impedance phones were created for ease of use and can be used on literally any device , where as high impedance phones like the sennheiser 600 is more for home use it needs an actual amplifier to reach it's full potential

I'm not sure if that makes the former better

I think you can get clarity out of both

some companies offer the same headphone in different ohm versions like Beyerdynamic with the dt 880's 32 ohms- 600 ohms

oh good to know..

Old Post May-21-2019 23:15  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > So what headphones are you using to listen to music these days.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackInertia - The Chamber [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJimmy J & CruLT - "Hand Of Destiny" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread