Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Armin van Buuren @ Guv (2002.04.13) review here...(tell me everything!)
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SAGE2635
Suspended User

I did not attend the party.

had come home from work yesterday around 8pm. was way too tired (had 3 hrs of sleep the past 4 days,workin 12 hr shifts) and desperately had to catch a few hrs of sleep before heading to Guv.

it was fucking past 2 when I opened my eyes

I'm glad that most of you'll had a goood time... Did any1 take any pics??

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for SAGE2635 Click here to Send SAGE2635 a Private Message Add SAGE2635 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magik
Senior tranceaddict

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH A SONG ID from the set:

The song he played where it slows down and a man's voice talks about love or something like that, and then it kicks in?

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Magik Click here to Send Magik a Private Message Add Magik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BANDIT
"Trance" A hypnotic???

What a night !!!

Armin did make it a Good Night...
Although the place was like a can of sardines, I managed to chill upstaris and over look the guv from the stairs beside the Drink...

Armin was tearing up the sound system hehe
What a Party

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:19  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for BANDIT Click here to Send BANDIT a Private Message Visit BANDIT's homepage! Add BANDIT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

quote:
Originally posted by TranceLudak

Dude you are so pathetic!!!!You make me sick!!!!

LOL!!!

whatever, loser!!! If you people dont like GUV then DONT GO!!!
SIMPLE AS THAT!!! NOONE GIVES TWO FUCKING SHITS WHETHER OR NOT you think there were too many "slutty girls" or "muscleheads" or "ginos" or whatever...it will continue to be rammed week after week, you people just bring a BAD VIBE!!! STAY HOME!!! All you people fucking do is WHINE LIKE BABIES!!!

waaaa waaaa waaaa this gino gave me a dirty look, so and so did this...give me a fucking break already...!!!

I think ALOT of you just worry waaaaay too much about other people...

HONESTLY!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:23  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
brunette
viaggiatore

quote:
Originally posted by Mavspire

Brunette's shirt "Naughty but nice" ....im'a sucker for girls that tease!

Honestly, that wasn't my intention hahah

<<<I am, I flatter myself, completely a citizen of the world. In my travels, I never felt myself away from home.>>>

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for brunette Click here to Send brunette a Private Message Add brunette to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Durafei
the crazy russian

By the way, what was the first Rank 1 single that he played?

My Blog: durafei.blogspot.com - Last Update March 23, 2006

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Durafei Click here to Send Durafei a Private Message Visit Durafei's homepage! Add Durafei to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_ALFA
Senior tranceaddict

Just woke up and damn have to go to work 3:28 PM and can barely stand...
AVB was good, Guv wasn't, what's the deal with 40 year old asian go go dancers??? from TA members I remember Durafei, Trance Armada and a bunch of others, sorry can't remember names...
Wanted to come to TA meetup and meet you all there but thanx to Orzone and of the the GUV securities we had to wait in 3 lines before we could get in
ARRRRRGH!!!

I hope I didn't injure any of you =)too overpacked! anyone remember me? white Tshirt, then a biege shirt, khaki pants, and aries necklace

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:36  Azerbaijan
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_ALFA Click here to Send DJ_ALFA a Private Message Add DJ_ALFA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ MG
Smili-E-Addict

Worm Popper

Holy shit what night was that place packed last night or what? Fuck man but it was good, lots of fucked up people there last night scary shit man nice good set. Hey infinity high you bitch you guess it Push – tranzy state of mind was played. that was nice loud and fuck I met so many of you TAs last night that was fun trancearmada nice to meet you man looked you were having a grate time man. Peekster man you were peeking fuckin hard last night man andora nice to meet you also last night. Waaxeen whats up luv nice to meet you last night didn’t get the chance to really party with you much since I had to leave early because the girls I brought wanted to leave but its all good it was nice meeting you seeing you there, I hope you had fun the rest of the night. Blue neon you ****** don’t drink too much again. Swamper it was nice to meet you also man finally I got the chance to meet you looked like you were having a good time also. Ah shit who else did I meet that night fuck I can remember any more names well if there is any one else im missing out tell me. Ok im out :d

----------------------------------------
NATA

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:38  Antigua
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ MG Click here to Send DJ MG a Private Message Add DJ MG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Endlesswave
Resident GreekCypriot.

Thumbs up Yeh!

Met a few ta's last nite, inifinity high, blue neon, swamper and a few ta's. As for Armin's set it was awesome. Ok granted he didn't spin anything we haven't heard (which most of the time is better because it just gets me more hype...) anyway it still was a good set overall I think. I kept going and going till 5am when he finished (nice 4 hr set). As for the ppl it was the same as always yes... I had this asian woman behind me pushing me from behind, when I just stood my ground and didn't move at ALL she stopped. I felt like drop kicking her. Hey infinithigh mebbe that was the same lady? lol Anyway crowd/no crowd I'd still go back, didn't stop me from enjoying myself (for the most part) but it would be better if they didn't ram so many ppl in there. Going to work, tty all later.
Chris

P.S. Why didn't I bring a camera into Guv??? I went up to the booth and just waited to see if I could get up close to Armin, well it was cool, shook his hand and complimented him on the set.

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:38  Cyprus
Click Here to See the Profile for Endlesswave Click here to Send Endlesswave a Private Message Add Endlesswave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_ALFA
Senior tranceaddict

anyone remembers the track he played at 3:04? it was a breakbeat with trancy sounds, the name would be appreciated =)

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:39  Azerbaijan
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_ALFA Click here to Send DJ_ALFA a Private Message Add DJ_ALFA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jazz
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by trancearmada
2 Players - Signet (not sure whether it was the original or Plastic Angel Remix)
Midway - Monkey Forest (I WENT NUTS WHEN I HEARD THIS ONE)
Ralphie B - Massive
Tranquility Base - Razorfish (not sure which remix)
Rank 1 - Awakenings
Rank 1 - Airwave
Perpetuos Dreamer - Sound of Goodbye
Vaiio aka Iio - Rapture (Armin Van Buuren's Rising Star Remix)
Push - Tranzy State of Mind
Push - Legacy
Moon Projects - Moments Are Forever
Armin - Communication
Agnelli & Nelson - Everyday (Not sure which remix)
System F. vs. Armin - Exhale (he played this twice! LOL! Once in his regular set, once in the back 2 back set with Mark O.)
Veracocha - Carte Blanche
Solar Factor - Deep Sonar
Liquid Overdose - Fearsome Bass (Original Mix)
Project Medusa Vs Exor - Moonshine (Exor Mix Part 2)

WOW, nice job!!! You are definitely the top trainspotter around mate!

AVB was absolutely off the hook last night, dropped a stunning, beautiful set... he was really feeding off the crowd during the whole night, you could feel it in the music he was spinning... he was good at state, but last night his performance was in a different league... AVB proved to me last night that he is definitely the top dutch trance DJ, above corsten and tiesto...

a HUGE TA turnout last night which was wikked... shouts to swamper (aka the ladies man ), jasymn, trancearmada, malice, liquidchick, mikman, and all the rest...

and shouts to all the TA's I met last night for the first time, durafei, stylez, waxen, xtc totalle (and anyone I forgot)...

Definitely one of the best sets I've heard at Guvernment, right up there with Picotto...

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:40  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Jazz Click here to Send Jazz a Private Message Visit Jazz's homepage! Add Jazz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stilez
RealTalk & Srsbidniz

A few more songs for the playlist before I forget:

Futura Legend - Restless Floor
Ferry Corsten - Punk
Reflektive - Breathe Life---(Vocals Mixed with)*look below*
Solar Stone - Seven Cities [this was actually Mark Oliver spinning for Armin..I guess he had to shit/piss?]
Weekend Players - Walking into The Sun

as for me and GUV. I expect the overcrowdedness, cracked out old asian parents...and the sweaty greasy gino's... so it's nothing new. U just gotta make the best out of a shitty situation. I talk to them.. and they're not as bad as I thought. One old asian actually bought me a water.. ...and one gino lent me his glowstixx for a bit... I loved Armin's set...if u ask me, it was better than Tiesto's & Ferrry's combined. Who cares if he played pure anthems... it's not like he's a regular or resident. I was glad to hear the stuff Armin dropped. Iit was definitely sweet to hear them being dropped.

Overall = great night chillin with so many of my fellow TA's. Nice meeting so many of you...u guys are great.

Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Soundcloud | MixCloud | BLOG

Last edited by Stilez on Jan-21-2015 at 02:53

Old Post Apr-14-2002 19:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Stilez Click here to Send Stilez a Private Message Visit Stilez's homepage! Add Stilez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Armin van Buuren @ Guv (2002.04.13) review here...(tell me everything!)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJavier Crespo Terra Firma 05-10-2005 [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPerasma - Swing 2 Harmony [2013]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread