Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > All These Things
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
wotyzoid
it's not house

All These Things

Old Post Mar-09-2018 00:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

I smell a great sample for a psy trance track in all of this.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 01:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Viber Click here to Send Viber a Private Message Add Viber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

From reading the title I thought for sure it was another Bobby West Virginia thread. Well played!

Old Post Mar-09-2018 02:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Bobby WV knows about this for sure.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 13:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I made the mistake of watching a good five minutes of this to see where the fuck it was going.

Having spent probably too much time reading about "The Arrow Of Time" recently, it occurs to me that what people call "time travel" would really be "time teleportation" - jumping from one moment of time to another without passing through the intervening moments. I would love to pin a physicist to the wall about this subject and ask a thousand questions, because I find it fascinating and I'm sure I don't understand it fully.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-09-2018 13:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Well they say you can jump forward but not backwards, unless a wormhole is really a thing.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 13:38  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Who's "they" in this case?

As I understand it, and again this could be bollocks, time is essentially the sequence of events from the beginning of the universe to the end. We perceive time moving "forwards" because of causality - events happen after other events because there is a causal chain leading from one thing to another. You couldn't "move backwards" because there is not the causal chain to go in that direction. I could drop a pen on the floor, but I couldn't then get that sequence to reverse because there is no physical impetus to move the pen off the floor and back into my hand when the sequence of events is played backwards.

If it's true we're living in a determinist system where the entire sequence of the universe is inevitable, then I even think the idea that things "haven't happened yet" is an illusion of consciousness. Again, I would love to speak to someone who understands this stuff better, because this is all what I've cobbled together myself from pop-science explanations of these subjects.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 13:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Doesn't the idea of forward time travel have something to do with time dilation? Legitimately asking, I remember very little from physics.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 13:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

One idea about how to travel forward is to use (relativistic) time dilation, yes. In other words, go really fast physically and thus slow down your "local time" relative to everything else.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 13:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

And something about the nature of the fabric of spacetime. Unless that's all still under that special relativity umbrella? Gravity, string theory, blahblah.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 14:02 
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Who's "they" in this case?

Physicists.

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A

Yup. Special relativity.

Edit: idk if anyone has made any breakthroughs in this field since Einstein, my data is a little outdated it seems.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 14:06  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
And something about the nature of the fabric of spacetime. Unless that's all still under that special relativity umbrella? Gravity, string theory, blahblah.

This is where it gets all fuck-y. Time is somehow related to space and to relative speed of movement. I can rationalise it all so easily up to that point.

Old Post Mar-09-2018 14:11  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > All These Things
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAlone Again - But Which Mix? [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDumonde vs Lange - "Memory" (JamX & De Leon Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread