Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Schadenfreude
Bird is the word.

Location: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa- Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-

i knew George liked rap, but palest nigga i've ever met then

Whooooooo Hawwwww Whoooooo Hawwwww. - Busta Rhymes 3:16

www.soundcloud.com/le-freak

Le Freak - Funk for Cows (pure fat bitch haus..click and free wet naps.)

Old Post Feb-13-2010 07:34  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for Schadenfreude Click here to Send Schadenfreude a Private Message Add Schadenfreude to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pete K
Chasing the sun

Some pics I took @ 107.

We ran into Chuck at some bbq joint.

Mir & Kongo

Old Post Feb-13-2010 15:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pete K Click here to Send Pete K a Private Message Add Pete K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
looks like anderson will be fighting maia.

which is ludicrous in my opinion...

Read this.

Old Post Feb-13-2010 18:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

I actually much prefer Maia as an opponent. Vitor didn't really deserve a title shot to begin with, and stylistically he plays right into Silva's strengths. At least Maia is a huge threat if he can get the fight to the ground, and really nobody has consistently shrugged off his takedowns.

Old Post Feb-14-2010 05:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pitchf0rk
Junior tranceaddict

Silva will be pretty cautious of being taken down but once he gets done sizing up Maia for a minute or two the spider will unload. 1st round KO. Maia was probably the best choice they had to replace Belfort, even though some may argue Nate was more deserving, he lost his last fight whereas at least Maia won, not convincingly but still. Obviously Sonnen would have been first choice if he didn't get cut up.

Edit: Actually maybe it will go to the second or third round, only because Silva will want some decent cage time. He'll toy with him until he's had enough.

Old Post Feb-14-2010 08:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for pitchf0rk Click here to Send pitchf0rk a Private Message Add pitchf0rk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DancingMonkey
Senior tranceaddict

Old Post Feb-15-2010 09:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DancingMonkey Click here to Send DancingMonkey a Private Message Add DancingMonkey to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pitchf0rk
Junior tranceaddict

^ Lol, so it's some big fuck boxing? This is an MMA thread in case you didn't notice, and that dude would gas in about a minute in an MMA fight.

Old Post Feb-15-2010 11:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for pitchf0rk Click here to Send pitchf0rk a Private Message Add pitchf0rk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

quote:
Originally posted by pitchf0rk
Silva will be pretty cautious of being taken down but once he gets done sizing up Maia for a minute or two the spider will unload. 1st round KO. Maia was probably the best choice they had to replace Belfort, even though some may argue Nate was more deserving, he lost his last fight whereas at least Maia won, not convincingly but still. Obviously Sonnen would have been first choice if he didn't get cut up.

Edit: Actually maybe it will go to the second or third round, only because Silva will want some decent cage time. He'll toy with him until he's had enough.

True. I just think Anderson vs. Thiago Silva or Randy Couture would've been much much more entertaining.

Though, he DOES have to defend the belt at least once a year. And in that case, Maia is the best Middleweight.

Old Post Feb-15-2010 16:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DancingMonkey
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pitchf0rk
^ Lol, so it's some big fuck boxing? This is an MMA thread in case you didn't notice, and that dude would gas in about a minute in an MMA fight.

That guy is 5 time worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski. While you're probably right, his first fight only lasted like 45 seconds anyway, and probably nobody except the top MMA fighters would be able to last much more than that in the ring with him. In addition to his personal strength records which put him at about a 600 lb bench press and 800 lb squat/deadlift, he actually has decent conditioning for a guy his size. He dropped about 30 lbs from over 300 to 27-something for his first fight. By the way, supposedly he's a 4th kyu green belt in kyokushin kaikan karate...the same style and rank as GSP.

So while I wouldn't say he's near fighting the top guys, he could probably make it pretty far as it is, and taking into account his training dedication for WSM and strength, he could improve a lot in MMA I think.

Old Post Feb-15-2010 18:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DancingMonkey Click here to Send DancingMonkey a Private Message Add DancingMonkey to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

Too slow imo. Reminds me of the dude that fought Rashad Evans in the Ultimate Fighter Finale.

Old Post Feb-15-2010 20:30  United States
DancingMonkey
Senior tranceaddict

I've been a fan of Marius for a while now. Some of the things he's done in strongman are unbelievable. The most I'll say for his mma tho is that he has good potential. He's strong. He's a trained fighter. He knows how to train hard to achieve his goals. I'll reserve further judgement until he has more fights under his belt.

I do hope he goes for it though. Mma has never seen such a powerhouse.

Old Post Feb-15-2010 21:41  United States
pitchf0rk
Junior tranceaddict

So was that 45 second fight in boxing or MMA? I don't doubt he could win some MMA fights, one decent punch and he'd knock out pretty much anyone. Would be interesting to see if he could knock out Brock lol. But yeh unless he landed in the first minute he'd be laying on the mat gasping for air.

Old Post Feb-15-2010 22:13 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack 4, last to ID, but rule them all! [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTerry Bones vs. Fred Baker - "Return To Innocence" (Mr. Sam Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread