Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Who Would Win in a Fight- a horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses?
Who would win?
This poll is closed.
1 horse sized duck 97 53.01%
100 duck sized horses 86 46.99%
Total: 183 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ste
Planet Zogg Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Rocco
interesting concepts....
i have a theory: Given the duck's size, i can guess that the duck is gonna be very slow. If a duck is slow when it's a duck, then it's gonna be exponentially slower as it grows in size.

On the other hand, Given the horses size, i can guess that the horse is gonna be very fast. If a horse is fast when it's a hourse, then it's gonna be exponentially faster as it shrinks in size.

Having said that, it doesn't mean the the horses will cover more distance when they attack, it just means they attack very quickly.

Since horses are bright and can be trained to be organized, such horses can attack in different squadrons using different tactics. We can mount different weapons on the hourses and each one can act as it's own unit with its own targeting systems. While the duck has to control ALL the weapons at once.. therefore we need one hell of a very efficent network (no, it's not gonna happen... that network is very vulernable compared to such network between the hourses)

thefore, size might not matter. What matter is communication and independence of the attack. Since the horses can be modified in such way, i think the horses can be very deadly in such battle.

however the fight is based on the animal itself and no such additional weapons systems. also you can train horses to be ridden etc by they wont use tactics of their own accord they have to be lead, thus the horses can merely become a large rabble on their own

>>> Download my mix here <<< (Electro, Techno & Psy-Trance)

Old Post Oct-16-2003 13:55  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Ste Click here to Send Ste a Private Message Visit Ste's homepage! Add Ste to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tu_face
No Known Cure...

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
however the fight is based on the animal itself and no such additional weapons systems. also you can train horses to be ridden etc by they wont use tactics of their own accord they have to be lead, thus the horses can merely become a large rabble on their own

shot down..

what would be helpful in this argument, is assertaining which type of duck we are dealing with, and to what type of horses size is it going to grow to?

as you can see from this diagram, there are many different breeds of duck, all having different strengths and weaknesses.. some can dive better than others, some can stay under-water for longer than others.. all these factors may affect the outcome of the battle.

see here for details.

i think before we all jump in at the deep end and say who is going to win the battle and why, we ought to set out stringent guidelines to ensure that all statements are based on hard facts.

fucking think before you post harry

Last edited by tu_face on Oct-17-2003 at 11:05

Old Post Oct-17-2003 10:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for tu_face Click here to Send tu_face a Private Message Add tu_face to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*HaRRy*
Hello Dave?

quote:

fucking think before you post harry

this type of duck-

this type of horse-

Old Post Oct-17-2003 11:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for *HaRRy* Click here to Send *HaRRy* a Private Message Add *HaRRy* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yella Fella
MK is pap

i mean seriously, what is the point of this convo?

"It aint just the tunes you play, its how you play them" - Ed
[www.thisthingcalleddance.com] - Pause @ Charles Street, Sheffield.

Old Post Oct-17-2003 23:43  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Yella Fella Click here to Send Yella Fella a Private Message Visit Yella Fella's homepage! Add Yella Fella to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dom
Supreme tranceaddict

the duck, no question.

Old Post Oct-17-2003 23:59  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Dom Click here to Send Dom a Private Message Add Dom to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ste
Planet Zogg Addict

im gonna see if i can put this in the classics threads forum.

>>> Download my mix here <<< (Electro, Techno & Psy-Trance)

Old Post Nov-06-2003 14:57  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Ste Click here to Send Ste a Private Message Visit Ste's homepage! Add Ste to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Who Would Win in a Fight- a horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackId trance track [2012] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLisa Pin-Up - "Can't Top It" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread