Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::. ** Win a genre, make a mix - Challenge ** .::
Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I'd definitely be up for the next one... this time we should have 2-Step Garage as a possible genre But I like Ian's comment, that the genre suggester should list off a few artists to lead the mixer off in the proper direction.

I.E. if I suggested 2-Step Garage I would say MJ Cole, Bump & Flex, Groove Chronicles, etc.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Apr-21-2009 14:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
[N]ûk|êû[Z]
The Producer Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
I'd definitely be up for the next one... this time we should have 2-Step Garage as a possible genre But I like Ian's comment, that the genre suggester should list off a few artists to lead the mixer off in the proper direction.

this

also.. for the 2nd time round.. keep it to 2 weeks again, but just politely ask that people stick to the 2 weeks, if they dont get it in in time, then tough titty. for people who have a lot on their plate at that time, then just dont enter the competition, if each contest lasts for 2 weeks, the next contest will come around soon enough

Bring it on down son, so you can get done, I got more styles than the miles to the sun,
Ninety three million five thousand flows, and heres one more for the HOoOoOoOOO'S!!!

Old Post Apr-21-2009 20:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for [N]ûk|êû[Z] Click here to Send [N]ûk|êû[Z] a Private Message Add [N]ûk|êû[Z] to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GoSpeedGo!
no more Mr. Nice Guy

Too bad I missed this, hoping for another round.

Listening to Nik's prog-house mix right now, nicely done.

Old Post Apr-25-2009 09:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for GoSpeedGo! Click here to Send GoSpeedGo! a Private Message Add GoSpeedGo! to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

... aaaaaaaaaaaannd we're done.
The challenge ends NOW!. Thanks everybody for participating.

Here are some rule changes I envision for round 2:

- Fixed and announced dates / timelines for everything.
- After the registration ends people will have 24 hours to withdraw, in case they don't like the genres, didn't really want to play, are too busy, etc.
- There will be a strict time limit of 3 or 4 weeks for the mixes. I'll send friendly reminding PMs a week prior to the end.
- Nobody will be banned for not completing the first one, but people will have to explain why I should believe they'll manage to do it the second time.
- We'll stay with EDM only, because I'm afraid there'll be even more drop outs if someone has to do Country or Love Songs

Let me know what you think!

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Apr-25-2009 10:29  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
[N]ûk|êû[Z]
The Producer Addict

all sounds good, but i was happy with the 2 week timeframe

Bring it on down son, so you can get done, I got more styles than the miles to the sun,
Ninety three million five thousand flows, and heres one more for the HOoOoOoOOO'S!!!

Old Post Apr-25-2009 11:03  England
Click Here to See the Profile for [N]ûk|êû[Z] Click here to Send [N]ûk|êû[Z] a Private Message Add [N]ûk|êû[Z] to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GoSpeedGo!
no more Mr. Nice Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
- We'll stay with EDM only, because I'm afraid there'll be even more drop outs if someone has to do Country or Love Songs

I think doing some kind of a pop/rock/whatever mixtape could be fun.

If there's going to be more of this, we will run out of genres pretty soon. Now, I'm not saying there should be brand new ones every time; just to prevent too much of repetition.

Old Post Apr-25-2009 11:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for GoSpeedGo! Click here to Send GoSpeedGo! a Private Message Add GoSpeedGo! to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

quote:
... aaaaaaaaaaaannd we're done.
The challenge ends NOW!. Thanks everybody for participating.

Here are some rule changes I envision for round 2:

- Fixed and announced dates / timelines for everything.
- After the registration ends people will have 24 hours to withdraw, in case they don't like the genres, didn't really want to play, are too busy, etc.
- There will be a strict time limit of 3 or 4 weeks for the mixes. I'll send friendly reminding PMs a week prior to the end.
- Nobody will be banned for not completing the first one, but people will have to explain why I should believe they'll manage to do it the second time.

Let me know what you think!

Fuck you Meat! You said it ends Saturday and Saturday hasn't ended for me. I'm just waking up now, and hooking up my shit to record my mix.

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Apr-25-2009 15:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

quote:
Originally posted by woscar
Fuck you Meat! You said it ends Saturday and Saturday hasn't ended for me. I'm just waking up now, and hooking up my shit to record my mix.

imo you have time for it. I wanna hear it!

Old Post Apr-25-2009 15:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
imo you have time for it. I wanna hear it!

Yeah, I will.

I have a late lunch party that will probably last until tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to upload it today. However, I will post a tracklist and post a link first thing tomorrow if I don't have time today.

I'm just going through the tracks one last time before recording

Oh, and since the guy that posted it actually said "Elektro-Tech Trance" I took some liberties with some of the tracks, specially the intro, to allow for a better buildup

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Last edited by woscar on Apr-25-2009 at 16:52

Old Post Apr-25-2009 15:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by woscar

Oh, don't you lie to me. The "Guess the Cap"-Thread clearly proves that you never actually sleep.

Edit: It's like that Chuck Norris joke: "Woscar does not sleep. He waits. For the next cap."

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Last edited by Meat187 on Apr-25-2009 at 17:34

Old Post Apr-25-2009 17:18  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't tell anyone tho

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Apr-25-2009 17:24 
woscar
Starstuff

quote:
Oh, don't you lie to me. The "Guess the Cap"-Thread clearly proves that you never actually sleep.

Edit: It's like that Chuck Norris joke: "Woscar does not sleep. He waits. For the next cap."

Anyways, here's the finished mix:

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Length: 70:15 min
Size: 96.48MB

Tracklist coming up later. I want you guys to listen to it without prejudice first

Edit: Here's the tracklist

01. Deadmau5 - Arguru (Original Mix)
02. Underworld - Cowgirl (Tim Davison Mix)
03. Jaytech - Bluefire (Original Mix)
04. Santiago Nino - Motion (Heatbeat Remix)
05. Utah Saints - Lost Vagueness (Oliver Lieb Main Mix)
06. Arctic Quest - Strings & Guitars (Original Mix)
07. Ronald van Gelderen - Rush (Original Mix)
08. Heatbeat - Vergaton (Original Mix)
09. Marco V & Sander van Doorn - Organic (Original Mix)
10. Ali Wilson & Fabio Stein - 10K Connection (Fabio Stein Remix)
11. Energy 52 - Cafe del Mar (Marco V Remix)

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Last edited by woscar on May-04-2009 at 06:29

Old Post Apr-25-2009 18:58 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::. ** Win a genre, make a mix - Challenge ** .::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOLD TRANCE (about 1994) : Unknown... Help please =) [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOcean Lab - "Clear Blue Water" (Ferry Corsten remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread