Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Old school TA's M.I.A. what happened to them ?
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

Old school TA's M.I.A. what happened to them ?

So I am browsing IG on the toilet and come across "DJ Clovis" booked at a party in Europe

Looks like he moved to Germany, grew a Seth Troxler stache and became a hipster

Curious, someone tell me where all the other TA's went- Sweat Candy Girl, Bas, Clovis, Rizo, Andrieux, R!CH, LYNDSAYwhaaat?,GPC, jonmitz, Woody, etc...

Did these people all grow up and have kids ? Did they become rich world traveling DJ's? Is Bas secretly Marshmello? Did they all OD?

Old Post Jul-29-2018 22:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
Re: Old school TA's M.I.A. what happened to them ?

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
So I am browsing IG on the toilet and come across "DJ Clovis" booked at a party in Europe

Curious, someone tell me where all the other TA's went- Sweat Candy Girl, Bas, Clovis, Rizo, Andrieux, R!CH, LYNDSAYwhaaat?,GPC, jonmitz, Woody, etc...

Did these people all grow up and have kids ? Did they become rich world traveling DJ's? Is Bas secretly Marshmello? Did they all OD?

Clovis - I believe he did move the Germany. I saw him about 6 months back at a local party here in LA. Same ole Clovis. Good Man!

SweetCandyGirl - She's married and have cutest son. She and her husband (fellow TAer) GPC go out trance events. Usually the big shows.

Andrieux - Matt's still around in SF. He was just in LA visiting some friends a few months ago.

R!CH - I haven't seen him in a while. I think the last time I saw him was at Burning Man a few years ago.

Bas - he's to be seen around occasionally at parties. Usually Droog parties i haven't seen him a bit though. Very career focuces i might add.

LYNDSAYwhaaat - It was announced on here that she recently passed away Don't know the reasons though.

Woody - he's our new West Coast TA God and Emperor.

Old Post Jul-30-2018 18:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
refuge
That 303 Guy

I usually see Bas at Plastic Love events, which he co-runs, or tag team DJing with Jimmy Maheras. I don't think I've seen him in a year or so.

Old Post Jul-30-2018 18:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for refuge Click here to Send refuge a Private Message Visit refuge's homepage! Add refuge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by refuge

I usually see Bas at Plastic Love events, which he co-runs, or tag team DJing with Jimmy Maheras. I don't think I've seen him in a year or so.

Are they still doing Plastic Love events on a regular basis? I remember them doing a Sunday day party in Hollywood several years ago. Not being on social media keeps me out of the loop a bit.

Old Post Jul-31-2018 14:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TSG
"Trinity"

some of those mentioned are on FB.

Old Post Aug-01-2018 06:53  Oman
Click Here to See the Profile for TSG Click here to Send TSG a Private Message Add TSG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
refuge
That 303 Guy

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Are they still doing Plastic Love events on a regular basis? I remember them doing a Sunday day party in Hollywood several years ago. Not being on social media keeps me out of the loop a bit.

Only see Maheras playing solo on line-ups lately, not Plastic Love events. I can't even remember the last Plastic Love event.

Old Post Aug-01-2018 23:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for refuge Click here to Send refuge a Private Message Visit refuge's homepage! Add refuge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

Clovis moved to Berlin & loves it there.

Jonmitz works as an engineer at a space rocket company. He & his wife got married at Burning Man. Don't know how often he goes out, I'll have to ask him on Facebook.

Woody DJs at the Mayan regularly but all sorts of music not just electronic music.

A lot of us old TAers are Facebook friends.

I only go out to dance like 5 times a year last 3 years. Was broke & also after like 6 years of going out dancing all time I was like oh sleep you're a wonderful thing. I have also turned into a craft beer drinking hipster. More recently I just went to Above & Beyond's NYE weekend thing, Anjunabeach, saw Kyau & Albert at Avalon last summer. Once in a blue moon (like twice a year) I go to a techno & house night in Hollywood.

Last week I dragged myself to Project LA for first time to see Gabriel & Dresden & Jes. Their set was ehhhh first half but popped off at 1AM. (I first saw them play in 2006.) 2 TAers I met 5-6 years ago when I used to go to Exchange regularly recognized me but I'm blanking on names right now. Was pretty hilarious having folks on patio of club ask me if I have been to any festivals & I told them I'm way older than I look & have been going to raves since 2006.

quote:

Old Post Aug-03-2018 07:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

Also I went to Chicago for first time last month for a conference & despite my best efforts was unable to make it to club to dance to House music. 😭 I was just so busy & out of shape. 2 of my friends from college (on East Coast) even played a House music set at the ACE hotel while I was there and I just couldn't rally. Been dreaming of dancing it up in Chicago & I'm gonna have to go back to finish the job.

Old Post Aug-03-2018 08:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Hi

I still post here, haha. I’m one of the few “regulars”, if you can call us that (irregulars?)

Old Post Aug-03-2018 15:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Is Bas secretly Marshmello?

Marshmello is way too commercial to be Bas

Old Post Aug-03-2018 20:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Old school TA's M.I.A. what happened to them ?

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Marshmello is way too commercial to be Bas

but Bas is just as GAYYYY!

Old Post Aug-06-2018 16:50  United States
Mebot
Maverick

Wow good for Clovis! I know back in the day in the CoR he would post his sets. Sometimes he would listen to my sets Saturday nights when I spun on my college radio station. I would give all the TAs shout-outs. It was a fun time.

Also I am posting here because I used to live in the Washington DC/Northern VA area but now live out here in Seattle. I still go out pretty regularly to The Underground if anyone here goes.

Old Post Aug-19-2018 23:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Old school TA's M.I.A. what happened to them ?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack in John Digweed Kiss Set (23.11.01) [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJewel - "Stand" (Mike Rizzo Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread