Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Pages (37): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

Location: Behind a cup of tea and a Roland 303, TXTA # 93 (Zeshin)

Good subject. I was thinking about starting a thread about whatever happened to awesome late 90's and early 2000's dark prog. Still a good production here and there. Few and far between though. Oh and.....bump.

Check out this awesome melodic uplifting drum & bass mix. You'll probably like it even if you don't normally like drum & bass. It's good.....no it's not by me but it's by an awesome friend whos mixes i like. Click the link!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=81&s=

Old Post Jan-07-2010 06:03  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Aaron C. Click here to Send Aaron C. a Private Message Add Aaron C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

Re: Re: Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?

quote:
Originally posted by A.B
Are you talking along the lines of Gardner & Thomas, Jark Prongo etc?

Yeah. Hooj had stuff all over the map but they made their name with The Baseline Track by Medway, which is still one of the darkest pieces of electronic music out there.

I managed to find "Propaganda" by Gardner & Thomas in the dusty used trance bin at Grammaphone for like $3.

Old Post Jan-08-2010 13:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

Great thread! I am really into this sound at the moment and was going to start looking into this myself. I'm hoping that some people will be able to prove us wrong and show that this stuff is being made still.

quote:
Originally posted by DanceFloorPoet
Josh Lasden:

This isn't really the sound I had in mind when reading this thread, but it is pretty cool

Old Post Jan-08-2010 13:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.michael Click here to Send david.michael a Private Message Visit david.michael's homepage! Add david.michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancefxs
Supreme tranceaddict

Not sure this is exactly the type of prog you are looking for but check it out and let me know:

Alex Ocampo - Kadesh (Kintar Sudam rmx)
Frangellico - Zonda
Mikas - Temperamental (Album edit)
Jaia - Hypnostatique (Jimmy van M remix)

Also Kintar Serendipity album released in August.

Old Post Jan-08-2010 14:47  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancefxs Click here to Send Trancefxs a Private Message Visit Trancefxs's homepage! Add Trancefxs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

The whole Progressive Resistance crew (Kintar & Rex, Maindave, Shiva etc).

Old Post Jan-08-2010 16:59  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list SPANIARD is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infiniteJEST
solipsist sitcom

quote:
Originally posted by Schadenfreude
I love 70's rock, but i am honest when i say that if every rock song today was made following the 70's formula it would not be a good thing.

Wolfmother has some decent stuff.

Old Post Jan-09-2010 01:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for infiniteJEST Click here to Send infiniteJEST a Private Message Add infiniteJEST to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys...

quote:
Originally posted by DanceFloorPoet
Josh Lasden:

^^ This is not so much what I'm talking about but a great example of the ethereal atmospheric stuff. Also looking for this sound as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Trancefxs
Not sure this is exactly the type of prog you are looking for but check it out and let me know:

Alex Ocampo - Kadesh (Kintar Sudam rmx)
Frangellico - Zonda
Mikas - Temperamental (Album edit)
Jaia - Hypnostatique (Jimmy van M remix)

Also Kintar Serendipity album released in August.

^^ That's the prog sound but it's still too "trancey" for my tastes. (sorry if that sounds elitist or jaded)

Here are a few good (old) examples I can think off:

^should've played that one a lot slower

Tkac & Haverlik - Synthia (original)

I don't know that's all I could really find for now.

Last edited by meriter on Jan-09-2010 at 13:21

Old Post Jan-09-2010 02:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

one of our "locals" here knows whats up

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...0&forumid=81&s=

Old Post Jan-09-2010 02:37 
basilisk
Ektoplazm

Try out some Repeat Customer:
http://drumlore.com/release/repeat-...ckers-unite-ep/

It's a bit different but certainly influenced by some of that old proggy sound.

Old Post Jan-09-2010 03:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for basilisk Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Visit basilisk's homepage! Add basilisk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RyanVice
Supreme tranceaddict

That Killahurtz track is pure BLISS!

Old Post Jan-09-2010 05:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RyanVice Click here to Send RyanVice a Private Message Add RyanVice to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

http://liebemp3.com/flash_player/fl...omas&id=3589882

^ This.

Last edited by meriter on Jan-09-2010 at 13:40

Old Post Jan-09-2010 13:11 
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

Location: Behind a cup of tea and a Roland 303, TXTA # 93 (Zeshin)

quote:
Originally posted by meriter

Check out this awesome melodic uplifting drum & bass mix. You'll probably like it even if you don't normally like drum & bass. It's good.....no it's not by me but it's by an awesome friend whos mixes i like. Click the link!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=81&s=

Old Post Jan-10-2010 23:56  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Aaron C. Click here to Send Aaron C. a Private Message Add Aaron C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (37): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid? [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLiquid Son - Rainfall (Garden of Eden Part 1) [2013]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread