Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Psy for Your Mind (yep, its a download thread)
Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
basilisk
Ektoplazm

Yes, I think there are a few from the new album coming out any time now...

Old Post May-15-2007 01:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for basilisk Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Visit basilisk's homepage! Add basilisk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tunnel Rat
Supreme tranceaddict

Was talking at Freedom last night to his guy from Israel originally (now lives in England and was in Toronto for a month). We were talking about the psy scene in Israel (and how it is so "mainstream")...and how I couldn't imagine it ever getting to that level in N.A.

Though judging by the turnout and enthusiasm for IM and J00F last night, that genre - or the best known artists who represent it - is alive and well in TO. I've badmouthed IM before on here, but last night they were very impressive. And J00F, ....well he hasn't disappointed me ever.

Old Post May-22-2007 00:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tunnel Rat Click here to Send Tunnel Rat a Private Message Add Tunnel Rat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shankar
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by marcusus
Are a lot of those Vibrasphere tracks new? I recognise a few of them (floating free, their remix of Lish, In Control I think), but not many others. Artist album coming out soon or something?

Meanwhile, Human Blue - Zero Tonic... Choon!!

New Vibrasphere album Exploring Tribunaries is coming out in the next 3 weeks on Tribal Vision Records

PREPARE!

www.tribalvision.cz

Old Post May-22-2007 01:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Shankar Click here to Send Shankar a Private Message Visit Shankar's homepage! Add Shankar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Tunnel Rat
Though judging by the turnout and enthusiasm for IM and J00F last night, that genre - or the best known artists who represent it - is alive and well in TO. I've badmouthed IM before on here, but last night they were very impressive. And J00F, ....well he hasn't disappointed me ever.

I'd say J00F pulls a mix of crowds: those that dig the trance, and those that dig the psy, so that can double up some numbers.

IM these days are at rock band status, so they'll pull numbers easy.

I don't know that these two artists are a good way to judge how well psy is liked in TO.

Old Post May-22-2007 11:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tunnel Rat
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I'd say J00F pulls a mix of crowds: those that dig the trance, and those that dig the psy, so that can double up some numbers.

I don't know that these two artists are a good way to judge how well psy is liked in TO.

Point taken on the numbers thing, but the enthusiasm for both was unlike anything I'd seen any previous times I've seen either of them here. Though I've never seen them play together before....maybe thats why everyone was so hyped during their sets?

Old Post May-23-2007 00:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tunnel Rat Click here to Send Tunnel Rat a Private Message Add Tunnel Rat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Point taken on the numbers thing, but the enthusiasm for both was unlike anything I'd seen any previous times I've seen either of them here. Though I've never seen them play together before....maybe thats why everyone was so hyped during their sets?

Yeah I had never seen the enthusiasm that high either, but it was well deserved I'd say. Psy will always have a big following IMO, there are always underground parties of it going on... it's arguably the biggest Trance subgenre overall. BTW good to meet you on Sunday man, hope you had a good time.

Old Post May-23-2007 01:18  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tunnel Rat
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD
Yeah I had never seen the enthusiasm that high either, but it was well deserved I'd say. Psy will always have a big following IMO, there are always underground parties of it going on... it's arguably the biggest Trance subgenre overall. BTW good to meet you on Sunday man, hope you had a good time.

Likewise.

I noticed you where wearing earplugs, yet had no problem carrying on a conversation. Do they filter sound well indoors, or do they muffle beats at all?

Old Post May-23-2007 01:26  Canada
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Likewise.

I noticed you where wearing earplugs, yet had no problem carrying on a conversation. Do they filter sound well indoors, or do they muffle beats at all?

Depends where you are for me, like for example on Sunday by the stage I had a hardtime hearing the music (being behind the main speakers), so when I went to the dancefloor it was a massive difference. Furthermore, I've found that talking indoors has been no different with or without the plugs but more importantly the next day I wake up with very little to no ringing or headache.

Old Post May-23-2007 02:57  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Walter Mindz
4 The Evolution Of Trance

quote:

It isn't at all because the Guv only books IM as far as psy goes. This was the first time Joof played there since 2000, and alot of his gigs here before this one have had small draws unless it was at a big event with a few other known headliners. The Guv will maybe bring Astral Projection or Astrix once a year, and that's about as far as they go for psy, so for the most part, that's all this city knows for psy, unless you're an actuall psytrance head.

There's still the other psy trance parties that happen once a month I think, possibly bi-monthly events, with a headliner, and it usually doesn't draw any enthusiasm, even though there's some really good acts that come here.

I remember years ago (2003), Joof was here in Toronto @ sound emporium, a week after the Guv's huge anniversary event, and most TA's that were going out that night opted to go to see Scum Frog instead. Joof through down probably one of his best sets ever in Toronto, and there was a crowd there of about 50 ppl.

It happend again when Joof came here in April 2005 at another club and there was about the same amount of ppl there, and again, most TA's opted to go see some other House dj.

So right now, it's hard to say how much psy is like in Toronto, probably because they're not exposed to it enough in larger venues like the Guv. I would not be a psy fan if I were to judge the entire genre based on what IM plays, because they play very different from what others in the same genre play (which includes Goa, because everyone considers it the same genre anyways). Some ppl only like to go to events that are at big venues. I think it would be a lot easier to see how well psy is liked when these artists come on to the Guv as the only headliner of the night there, and with another headliner performing at a different venue, to see how well this genre is liked. If you get just as many ppl there as you would for a regular trance dj, then hey maybe ppl really do like psy, but they just don't get enough of it yet.

Personally I would love it if the Guv got other acts here. Human Blue would fucking destroy the Guv.

Old Post May-23-2007 14:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Walter Mindz Click here to Send Walter Mindz a Private Message Add Walter Mindz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shankar
Senior tranceaddict

for those who wants to see a good quality psy act in Toronto, TICON will be here in 2 weeks!

Here's more info:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=77&s=

www.tribalvision.cz

Old Post May-23-2007 14:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Shankar Click here to Send Shankar a Private Message Visit Shankar's homepage! Add Shankar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

quote:
We were talking about the psy scene in Israel (and how it is so "mainstream")...and how I couldn't imagine it ever getting to that level in N.A.

To be honest, I would really prefer that it did not grow to the levels seen in Israel... there should be some kind of happy medium.

Old Post May-25-2007 02:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for basilisk Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Visit basilisk's homepage! Add basilisk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hardcore trancer
Mystic Mind

quote:
Originally posted by Shankar
for those who wants to see a good quality psy act in Toronto, TICON will be here in 2 weeks!

Here's more info:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=77&s=

I really think Iam going to see Ticon for sure!!his sets are off the hook!!!!

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DJMysticMind

Old Post May-25-2007 03:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for hardcore trancer Click here to Send hardcore trancer a Private Message Visit hardcore trancer's homepage! Add hardcore trancer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Psy for Your Mind (yep, its a download thread)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktune id please [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGrenz & Fillmore - Waterworld [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread