Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Transitions you love?... or am i the only one who's obsessed with them
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
iTranscendence
Supreme tranceaddict

X-Cabs - Neuro (X-Cabs mix) into Transa - Behind The Sun, Christopher Lawrence - Hook Recordings.

Old Post Oct-31-2009 20:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iTranscendence Click here to Send iTranscendence a Private Message Visit iTranscendence's homepage! Add iTranscendence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Rafnel
Microbrew Addict

Ferry Corsten Trance Energy 2000:

Alibi - Eternity (Original Inner City Mix)
into
Blank & Jones - The Nightfly (Transa Remix)

Email for promo/press contact

Old Post Nov-02-2009 16:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Rafnel Click here to Send DJ_Rafnel a Private Message Visit DJ_Rafnel's homepage! Add DJ_Rafnel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Armitage
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
John Digweed's 1995 Essential Mix.

Lighthouse Family - Ocean Drive (Blue Amazon Dub)
->
Daphne - Change (Brothers in Rhythm Remix)

A five minute harmonic overlay with a fucking key change halfway through. If anyone should ever question what John Digweed did to earn his superstar DJ status, this transition will shut them the fuck up.

It's a great mix for sure, but there's no key change, Change is in D minor throughout.

Old Post Nov-02-2009 19:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Armitage Click here to Send Armitage a Private Message Add Armitage to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Protege
Just like perfection

First one that came to mind is Sasha - Belfunk to Chris Raven - I know you love me too on Northern Exposure 3. Epic.

Old Post Nov-02-2009 19:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Protege Click here to Send Protege a Private Message Add Protege to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by Protege
First one that came to mind is Sasha - Belfunk to Chris Raven - I know you love me too on Northern Exposure 3. Epic.

excellent mix right there

wish i could find my copy of Northern Exposure 3

Old Post Nov-03-2009 18:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Armitage
It's a great mix for sure, but there's no key change, Change is in D minor throughout.

You can hear the piano melody in Ocean Drive "go up" compared to how it plays earlier in the track. Perhaps it's just an octave switch.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-03-2009 19:10  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancemaster63
lost in music

Tiesto - Essential Mix Live at Cream, Ibiza 2005

Deepsky – Ghost (Filo & Peri Remix)
into
Lucas & Beltram – Trust Me

Old Post Nov-19-2009 10:25  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for trancemaster63 Click here to Send trancemaster63 a Private Message Add trancemaster63 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infiniteJEST
solipsist sitcom

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
ISOS 5
Parker & Hanson - Let Me Be -->Kalafut & Fygle - Novocaine (Mark Otten Rmx)

Yeah those two are the highlight of the album for me.

Paul van Dyk Live at Mayday 2002:

DJ Jan vs Vandueren - Deep Emotion (DJ Ghost Remix)
into
Ferry Corsten - Punk (Original Mix)

Old Post Nov-19-2009 12:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for infiniteJEST Click here to Send infiniteJEST a Private Message Add infiniteJEST to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'd like to bump this oldie because of one transition I heard recently that absolutely blew my mind. LTJ Bukem on the Essential Mix back in 1995. I remember listening to this mix and there was one track in particular that was just unbelievably epic, I just had to find it. But I scanned the tracklist over and over, and none of the tracks matched up. Turns out it's two tracks, Bukem melding Aquasky - Dezires into PFM - The Mystics. You can hear it from about 3.15 here (embedding disabled): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zimzzn0WK3w. Pure sex.

I seriously think Bukem is one of the smoothest mixers I've ever heard. A lot of progressive DJs much renowned for their long blends actually keep it very simple when they play in clubs, but I've seen Bukem three times now and his mixing is always unbelievably smooth, just impossible to spot the gaps between tracks, and all on vinyl. I bumped into him in the toilets of The Wire club in Leeds just before he went on, and it was the only time in my life I've been genuinely star-struck.

Old Post Oct-29-2012 21:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Thanks for bumping this Jack. I just listened to that transition in Digweed's 1995 EM. Wow

Old Post Oct-30-2012 01:10 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It's a good thread, high time it got a bump. Bizarrely high proportion of Tiesto transitions nominated, though. 2008 was a simpler time.

Old Post Oct-30-2012 01:39  England
DJ Tsunami
Supreme tranceaddict

Ultra Dance 05 Disc 1 (a little cheesy, I know)

8. Boogie Pimps - Somebody to Love (Main Club Mix) into
9. Lucas Prata - Never Be Alone (Valentin Club Mix)

One of the best quotes from Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas crescendoing into "galloping" synths from Never Be Alone, it makes me get shivers and goosebumps every time I hear it.

Old Post Oct-30-2012 03:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Tsunami Click here to Send DJ Tsunami a Private Message Visit DJ Tsunami's homepage! Add DJ Tsunami to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Transitions you love?... or am i the only one who's obsessed with them
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlayed by Sasha @ Liquid Room (Easy) [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTilt - "Invisible" (Lost Tribe Vocal Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread