Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Psy for Your Mind (yep, its a download thread)
Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
basilisk
Ektoplazm

Here are a few recordings from the last two years... Destination 2012, Harvest 2011, and three sets from WNW:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/journal/5-...ilisks-archives

Old Post Jan-12-2012 05:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for basilisk Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Visit basilisk's homepage! Add basilisk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

01 - Banco De Gaia - Seti I [Six Degrees Records] (2000)
02 - Turban Bloc (Gus Till) - As Above So Below [Blue Room Released] (1997)
03 - Dubbelhelix (Michael Kohlbecker & Jam El Mar) - Magic Night [Spirit Zone Recordings] (2002)
04 - B-Zet - Le Tonnere Dans Les Plumes Voir [Eye-Q Records] (1995)
05 - Robert Leiner - Out Of Control [Apollo] (1994)
06 - Eternal Basement - Overture [Blue Room Released] (2000)
07 - Cydonia - Narco Nympho [Blue Room Released] (1999)
08 - Orion - Highway [Symbiosis Records] (1997)
09 - Total Eclipse - Nakano Ghost [Twisted Records] (1998)
10 - Elysium & DJ Cosmix - The Vision [Transient Records] (1997)
11 - Zodiac Youth - Fast Forward The Future (Voodoo People Remix) [Dragonfly Records] (1996)
12 - Future Human Unity - Freeway [POF Music] (1998)
13 - Adrenalin Drum - Shadowland [Unnatural Recordings] (1997)
14 - Total Eclipse - Nautilus [Blue Room Released] (1995)
15 - Transwave - Ulysse (Voyage 2) [Distance] (1996)
16 - Man With No Name - Cairo [Concept In Dance] (1996)
17 - Total Eclipse - Time Drops [Blue Room Released] (1996)
18 - Ololiuqui - Electrofant [Spirit Zone Recordings] (1997)
19 - Banco De Gaia - Gamelah (Dub 3) [Planet Dog] (1994)
20 - Djum Djum (Leftfield) - Difference (Steng Mix) [Rough Trade Germany] (1990)
21 - Shpongle - Behind Closed Eyelids [TIP Records] (1997)
22 - Prana & Eat Static - Geomantik [Matsuri Productions] (1997)
23 - Saafi Brothers - Sweet Sirenes [Blue Room Released] (1997)
24 - Ascendence - The Lost Track [Qube] (2000)
25 - Doof - Sticks And Stones [Gliss/Dubmission Records] (1998)
26 - Nomads Of Dub - Spirals [Twisted Records] (1998)
27 - The Infinity Project - When Sound Becomes Colour [Blue Room Released] (1995)

Circadian Rhythms is a meditation on the passage of time and an exercise in musical archeology. Mixing live on four decks, DJ Basilisk skillfully blends some of the finest mid-tempo Goa trance classics of the 1990s with dub techno, tribal trance, progressive house, psybreaks, and psychedelic dub. Holding steady at or around 120 beats per minute, the deep frequencies of this mix evoke the heartbeat of creation, taking the listener on a full journey through day into night and back again.

Download it here:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/mixes/dj-b...rcadian-rhythms

Like what you hear? Be sure to check out my other old school mixes and recorded sets:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/mixes/dj-b...regenerate-2011
http://www.ektoplazm.com/mixes/dj-basilisk-moonshadow
http://www.ektoplazm.com/journal/5-...ilisks-archives

Old Post Jan-26-2012 02:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for basilisk Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Visit basilisk's homepage! Add basilisk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

This is also "goodbye", Toronto. It's been a pleasure stirring up some psychedelic activity in this city over the last 12 years but it's time for me to see if there is somewhere else where I can really live my passion for music. I'll still be updating my site, of course... but I suppose I probably won't be as much of a presence here in the Toronto sub-forum while I'm gone... and it may be a while before I return so, it was great meeting so many TAs over the years. See you again sometime down the line...

Old Post Jan-26-2012 03:19  Canada
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

Out of curiosity, where do you think you'll be going? I'm interested to see where else there's a stronger psy culture around the world.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 03:23  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hardcore trancer
Mystic Mind

quote:
Originally posted by basilisk
This is also "goodbye", Toronto. It's been a pleasure stirring up some psychedelic activity in this city over the last 12 years but it's time for me to see if there is somewhere else where I can really live my passion for music. I'll still be updating my site, of course... but I suppose I probably won't be as much of a presence here in the Toronto sub-forum while I'm gone... and it may be a while before I return so, it was great meeting so many TAs over the years. See you again sometime down the line...

Hey man, I would like to thank you for all your great work and efforts. I wish you all the best in your new adventures and please keep us updated. Good luck.

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DJMysticMind

Old Post Jan-26-2012 04:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for hardcore trancer Click here to Send hardcore trancer a Private Message Visit hardcore trancer's homepage! Add hardcore trancer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore trancer
Hey man, I would like to thank you for all your great work and efforts. I wish you all the best in your new adventures and please keep us updated. Good luck.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 15:11  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

Thanks, I will

@marcusus: In the next four months I'll be visiting Koh Phangan in Thailand and Goa in India, two hotspots of psytrance culture in Asia. After that I am heading to Europe for summer festival season...

Old Post Jan-26-2012 16:22  Canada
basilisk
Ektoplazm

Oh, it looks like I have one more gift before I go:

EKOPLEX - DISCOVERING THE ANCIENT
01 - Turtle Island (120 BPM)
02 - Hip Shiva Wigga (100 BPM)
03 - Follow The Music (100 BPM)
04 - Shamanic Drumz (110 BPM)
05 - Before The Sun (110 BPM)
06 - Aya (110 BPM)
07 - Shapeshifter (112-119 BPM)
08 - Crossroads (114 BPM)
09 - End Of The Cycle, Beginning Of... (110 BPM)

Omnitropic, Ektoplazm’s downtempo imprint, proudly presents Discovering The Ancient, the third studio album by Canadian producer Ekoplex (Ray Vincent). After the success of his previous albums, Journey Of The Turtle and Creatures Of The Forest, Ekoplex now turns inward to explore the cosmic potential of deep tribal trance and downtempo. Featuring live instrumentation, guest vocalists, and experiments in alternate tuning, this is an incredibly vibrant album filled with hidden messages and memorable moments. For greater insight into the creative process behind the music, please consult the extensive liner notes. Mastered by Michael Phillips with original photography by Su MaShakti.

Download it for free in MP3, FLAC, or WAV format:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...ing-the-ancient

Old Post Jan-27-2012 01:41  Canada
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by basilisk
@marcusus: In the next four months I'll be visiting Koh Phangan in Thailand and Goa in India, two hotspots of psytrance culture in Asia. After that I am heading to Europe for summer festival season...

Goa, is, of course, the spot where it essentialy began, so that makes sense.

Didn't know that Koh Phangan had a big scene for it though.

Either way, safe travels on your journey, and thanks for spreading the psytrance word

Old Post Jan-27-2012 03:37  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basilisk
Ektoplazm

HUUUUGE RELEASE!

GLOBULAR - A SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY [OMNI 008/GC-023]
01 - Feeding Back Forwards (79 BPM)
02 - A Singular Synergy (76 BPM)
03 - Subversion (80 BPM)
04 - This, Here, Now (99 BPM)
05 - The Loon (73 BPM)
06 - A Highly Sprung Spring (103 BPM)
07 - To The Other Side Of Fractal Phase Space (83 BPM)
08 - From Mind, There Spills Forth Light (70 BPM)

Ektoplazm's downtempo imprint Omnitropic, in conjunction with Gliese 581C Records, is very proud to present A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy, the momentous full-length debut of Globular (Morison Bennett), a visionary producer from Bristol, U.K. Drawing inspiration from the mind-bending sonic alchemy of Ott and Shpongle, Globular has emerged as one of the rising stars of psychedelic dub, an inimitably British fusion of brawny bass lines, dazzling melodies, intricate rhythmic programming, emotionally-charged vocals, and immersive, otherworldly atmospheres. This is an album that captures the essence of the perfect summer day while offering a rare glimpse of the ineffable, inviting you to “hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.” Through its ambitious, sprawling passages, A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy articulates a profound view of the universe’s tendency toward complexity, the twist of fate that gave rise to life and consciousness, and our morally ambiguous role in the mysterious and impenetrable cosmic drama unfolding all around us. Mastered by Colin Bennun at the Stooodio, Bristol, U.K., with artwork by Basilisk featuring Creative Commons-licensed photos by Luc Viator and public domain imagery from NASA.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...illing-prophecy

Old Post Mar-23-2012 14:35  Canada
basilisk
Ektoplazm

DJ BASILISK - IN EXILE
01 - The Infinity Project feat. Paul Jackson - Cybertropic [TIP Records] (1995)
02 - Voodoo People - Drop The Bomb (Hint) [TIP Records] (1995)
03 - Slinky Wizard - Wizard [Flying Rhino Records] (1994)
04 - Koxbox - Loads Of Flow (Molecular Mix feat. Cwithe) [Harthouse] (1995)
05 - Rotortype - I Come In Peace (Hint) [Planet Rhythm Records] (1995)
06 - Etnica - Astral Way [Blue Room Released] (1995)
07 - N.D.M.A. - Vitan (Hint) [Sub Terranean] (1996)
08 - Morphem - Magma [Tunnel Records] (1996)
09 - Cygnus X - Kinderlied (Hint) [Eye Q Records] (1995)
10 - Crop Circles - Full Mental Jackpot [Auracle Records] (1996)
11 - Hallucinogen - Soothsayer (The Lysurgeon Warning Remix feat. Raja Ram & DJ Andre) [TIP Records] (1996)
12 - Phreaky - Tornado [Dragonfly Records] (1996)
13 - Four Carry Nuts - Weird Egg [3rd Ear] (1996)
14 - Green House Effect (Sandman) - Spawn [Melodia Records] (1995)
15 - Cydonia - Screaming Darkness [Blue Room Released] (1996)
16 - Transwave - The Rezwalker (Black Thunder Mix) [Matsuri Productions] (1995)
17 - UX - Life Support Technology [Dragonfly Records] (1996)
18 - Koxbox - Stratosfear [Blue Room Released] (1996)
19 - Hallucinogen - Trancespotter [Flying Rhino Records] (1996)
20 - X-Dream - Panic In Paradise [TIP Records] (1996)
21 - Deviant Electronics - Catharsis [Helix Records] (1997)
22 - Cosmosis - Howling At The Moon [Transient Records] (1996)
23 - Laughing Buddha - Karma [TIP Records] (1997)
24 - Infernal Machine - The Loin King [Twisted Records] (1996)
25 - Paragliders - Paraglide [Superstition Records] (1993)

In Exile is a special mix I composed for Global Goa Party 2, a virtual party organized by Marsh at the Goat Ranch, a flashpoint for old school Goa trance fandom. The concept is simple enough: gather up a bunch of seasoned old school veterans and have them mix up a full night of music just as if it were some point in the not-so-distant past. The first event—for which I produced the Moonshadow tribute mix—brought us back to 1999. This time we travel back to the year 1996, smack dab in the middle of the Golden Age of Goa trance. Bill Clinton is in the White House, Boris Yeltsin is in the Kremlin, the reigning human chess champion is defeated by a computer for the first time, and tantalizing evidence of life on other worlds captures headlines around the world. I am merely 15 years old, not yet fully initiated into the world of psychedelic trance, although the groundwork is already laid by my adolescent fascination with industrial music, cyberpunk fiction, and early dial-up BBSes. One of the aims of the Global Goa Party project is to provide an experience for those of us who did not have the good fortune to attend psytrance parties back in the day—myself included! (I first heard DJ Nivoc play Goa trance in April of 1996 but had no idea what was going on at the time.) For the 2:00am to 3:30am time slot I did my best to build from a hypnotizing introduction to a seething, storming climax, taking care to end on a high note. Working on this mix while travelling in Thailand has been extraordinarily difficult, and I have faced numerous hardships in having it prepared in time for the big radio broadcast, but I managed to pull it off while in a self-imposed exile—hence the title. This mix was recorded on four decks in a jungle bungalow just outside Thongsala on the island of Koh Phangan, Thailand, with a pair of headphones (no monitors or other speakers), my humble laptop, a first generation Korg Nanokontrol, and Traktor 1.1.1. Enjoy this blast from the past!

Download it here:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/mixes/dj-basilisk-in-exile

For more old school goodness, check these mixes out:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/mixes/dj-b...rcadian-rhythms
http://www.ektoplazm.com/mixes/dj-b...regenerate-2011
http://www.ektoplazm.com/mixes/dj-basilisk-moonshadow

Old Post Mar-25-2012 04:15  Canada
basilisk
Ektoplazm

RADIOACTIVE SANDWICH - MIRAGE [OMNI 009]
01 - Into The Desert (65 BPM)
02 - A Broken Reality (65 BPM)
03 - An Echo Is The Shadow Of A Sound (100 BPM)
04 - Sullen Choirboy (70 BPM)
05 - Sigogglin (95 BPM)
06 - Time Dilation (105 BPM)
07 - Bhagwan (70 BPM)

Following up on last year’s A World Of Delights, Mirage is the sixth studio album by Radioactive Sandwich, purveyors of delectable psychedelic electronic music. Jointly released by Omnitropic and Radioactive Sandwich Records, Mirage is a beautiful collection of enchanting and ethereal downtempo excursions into otherworldly bliss. Demonstrating a wide range of influences from psychedelic dub to worldbeat, tribal downtempo, and classic chill out, this album will satiate your ears, your mind, and your belly. All tracks written, produced, mixed, and mastered by Radioactive Sandwich. Extra guitar on Sigogglin by Thriller Jacket Jamie. Original photography by Radioactive Sandwich. Layout by Alexander Synaptic.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...sandwich-mirage

Old Post Jul-13-2012 03:26  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Psy for Your Mind (yep, its a download thread)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrance track 'my life' [2009] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackL.S.G. - Hidden Sun Of Venus (Oliver Lieb Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread