Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > 7th Annual Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs Poll 2011 Results + Discussion
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Akira_Kayosa
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jvs
This is Top 100 producers poll anyways. :P

Nobody cares about deejays.

im sure they do when theyre on the danceflooor :P

Old Post Oct-28-2011 12:20  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Akira_Kayosa Click here to Send Akira_Kayosa a Private Message Visit Akira_Kayosa's homepage! Add Akira_Kayosa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lotherton Hall
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by caliboy
very very accurate list! this truly speaks for what has been happening with EDM in the past year. TA polls have always been accurate and correct.

Its only as accurate as the votes cast and what you regard as being accurate according to your taste. And it remains a popularity contest. It doesnt reflect 'the underground' or the 'up and comers'. But poll could?

Old Post Oct-28-2011 14:00  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Lotherton Hall Click here to Send Lotherton Hall a Private Message Add Lotherton Hall to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lotherton Hall
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
i can't wait to use rankings of stupid f polls to override my personal taste so that it may dictate where i spend my cover charges!
Haha. The thing is that people do use it as a barrometer for what is apparently good and choose djs and nights out accoringly. Quite frightening.

The other thing that I wonder about these kinds of polls is how many are posting votes based on radio shows rather than seeing and hearing them live in a club? I bet we would see some radically different results if thewre was a way to ensure you could only vote for those djs you have experienced in a club in 2011. Radio sets simply dont reflect what djs currently play in clubs at all.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 14:06  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Lotherton Hall Click here to Send Lotherton Hall a Private Message Add Lotherton Hall to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lotherton Hall
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MarkusFTW
Markus should be #1 for sure...

Hell no, he's garbage.

Its a popularity contest. Schulz is closer to where you think he should be than where I think he should, so you win!.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 14:11  United Kingdom
Zeus Alvarado
Junior tranceaddict

The old art of DJing is becoming a thing of the past, why waste time beatmatching a song when that can be done automatically? Yes, its a skill that I think they must learn for cases where it doesnt sync tempos, but now "DJs" can put their efforts on other aspects.There is controllerism, and deadmau5 and similiar are examples of that. This allows them to make there sets more "live" in a sense, while retaining the ability to play similarly like a classic DJ (analog/digital hybrid setup anyone?)

The point im trying to make is, the line between producer and DJ has been merging, and nowadays DJs HAVE to be producers, and vice versa. Even if some people on the list are mainly producers, they obviously impacted the dance floors with their songs being played by DJs around the world. Its the influence they have on the dancefloor and the EDM world that IMO qualifies them for being on the list. Yes, its a popularity contest, some people should not be ranked so high, but not everyone are into EDM as much as others, and their geographic location, experiences, personal backgrounds, etc. has led them to vote for people they only know about, not everyone is willing to listen to EVERY DJ set from each person on and off the list, although they should because EDM is the best style of music out there

Old Post Oct-28-2011 16:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zeus Alvarado Click here to Send Zeus Alvarado a Private Message Add Zeus Alvarado to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dinoz2013
Senior tranceaddict

I was talking about SIAN of Octopus Records.

And yes, this is clearly a "I know his RadioShow let me vote for Him" type of poll. Where generally I rank a DJ by what they can do in their live sets.

Polls are only as accurate as the people who Vote in them.

Ferry Digweed are the only ones that matter anyway.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 17:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dinoz2013 Click here to Send Dinoz2013 a Private Message Add Dinoz2013 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Akira_Kayosa
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoz2013
I was talking about SIAN of Octopus Records.

And yes, this is clearly a "I know his RadioShow let me vote for Him" type of poll. Where generally I rank a DJ by what they can do in their live sets.

Polls are only as accurate as the people who Vote in them.

Ferry Digweed are the only ones that matter anyway.

you cant go far wrong with them to there!!

digweed always great

ferry on a good day, nobody tops him

Old Post Oct-28-2011 17:20  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Akira_Kayosa Click here to Send Akira_Kayosa a Private Message Visit Akira_Kayosa's homepage! Add Akira_Kayosa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

Ferry is terrible. 2 hours of "Ferry's greatest hits" is not a well put together set.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 17:24  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dinoz2013
Senior tranceaddict

srussel - I guess you haven't heard Ferry Live. At the very least you haven't heard him live from before 07'....Ferry's Greatest Hits easily Top most any other DJs sets. Trance or otherwise....

But just like these polls...these are just opinions. And there is NO objective #1 DJ, since we all have our own Criteria.

So in Conclusion Ferry and Digweed are BOSS

Old Post Oct-28-2011 18:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dinoz2013 Click here to Send Dinoz2013 a Private Message Add Dinoz2013 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoz2013
srussel - I guess you haven't heard Ferry Live. At the very least you haven't heard him live from before 07'....Ferry's Greatest Hits easily Top most any other DJs sets. Trance or otherwise....

But just like these polls...these are just opinions. And there is NO objective #1 DJ, since we all have our own Criteria.

So in Conclusion Ferry and Digweed are BOSS

Okay so your point is that he was good before 2007. Got it. I've heard him live twice in the past 2 years, and he was awful both times, most recently about 2 months ago.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 18:49  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mahalliner
Supreme tranceaddict

The whole argument about the superiority or ideal of the "old art of DJing" is kind of bunk IMO. We're talking about an entire genre of music based on electronic technological advancements. People will always find ways to push their game to another level, whether it's doing live edits in their DJ sets or straight up live PAs. There's all kinds of people pushing the envelop out there and doing interesting things with the technology. KJ Sawka comes to mind as one example.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 18:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mahalliner Click here to Send mahalliner a Private Message Add mahalliner to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

I am curious to know what DJs made jumps int he last week.

I saw a lot of trance DJs immediately start pushing people to the TA poll once the DJMag results came out.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 19:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > 7th Annual Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs Poll 2011 Results + Discussion
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSomething similar to Tomaz vs. Filterheadz production [2015] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVirus - The Final Destiny [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread