Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > FAO: Lira. A comprehensive guide on foreigners visiting the US
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

45 minutes here and we get a weekly shipment of fruit into the office. You can eat them whenever you want to

Old Post Jun-06-2012 17:05  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Well at least we have two coolers stocked up with all kinds of free Coca-Cola products

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jun-06-2012 17:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
That's what the Breakfast Industrial Complex would have us believe. Sooooo many people skip breakfast entirely though, myself often included.

What do you have for lunch in such a short period of time then? Can you even go home and make your own food?

45 minutes is slightly better but I'm still astonished by all this. I wouldn't complain the standard was from 9-7 here just so we could wake up as late as you guys, but no way I'd ever accept having less than 2 hours for lunch. Food is sacred!
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Well at least we have two coolers stocked up with all kinds of free Coca-Cola products

On second thought, free Coca-Cola products are sacred as well

Have you ever had Guaraná Jesus? It's one of our local Coca-Cola company products:

THIS STUFF IS SO GOOD!!! (and incredibly sweet... and pink)

Old Post Jun-06-2012 18:35  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
What do you have for lunch in such a short period of time then? Can you even go home and make your own food?

Well it depends... some days, I can niggle my way home to work from there in the afternoon, and just eat at home. Or leave work an hour early instead of taking a lunch break. Or I can bring lunch to work (cough!shutupyou). Or often I can get something fast from nearby... it's not too expensive or unhealthy if you aren't a total dumbass, but this is usually a last resort.

Old Post Jun-06-2012 18:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Oh, it's not as bad as I first thought then

For some reason I thought that's why there are so many more fast-food chains in the US

Old Post Jun-06-2012 18:51  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:

For some reason I thought that's why there are so many more fast-food chains in the US

Probably true, actually.

Old Post Jun-06-2012 18:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
On second thought, free Coca-Cola products are sacred as well

Have you ever had Guaraná Jesus? It's one of our local Coca-Cola company products:

THIS STUFF IS SO GOOD!!! (and incredibly sweet... and pink)

No, but I tried an Italian Coca-Cola beverage called Beverly once. Tasted like a Gin and Tonic without the Gin. Yuck!

Old Post Jun-06-2012 19:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

A-ha! So I wasn't that far off then, Woty
quote:
No, but I tried an Italian Coca-Cola beverage called Beverly once. Tasted like a Gin and Tonic without the Gin. Yuck!

If you ever get the chance, try either Guaraná Kuat (actual Guaraná or Guaraná Jesus (Gayrana). I promise you won't regret it

Well, you might regret trying the Jesus one because it's way sweeter than most other drinks, but do it anyway

Old Post Jun-06-2012 19:38  Brazil
ziptnf
Programming your future

I need the Jesus inside of me.

Old Post Jun-06-2012 19:39 
Banora
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
with a 2-hour long lunch break.

Jesus fuck. I don't even get a lunch break, even when I work a 12 hour shift (granted I do fuck-all at the store, but still).

I'm pretty sure for every 8-hours you work you are legally allowed a 30-minute lunch, but most offices allow an hour. Really, though, unless you live close by there isn't enough time to go home so you run to the nearest fast food/deli/quick lunch spot, but it is pretty busy. When I work at Jimmy Johns in the summer I see people in line for over a half an hour. Pretty lame.

quote:
I probably wake up QWOPing.

Old Post Jun-06-2012 19:41  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Banora Click here to Send Banora a Private Message Add Banora to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
Like a FCKNG BIRD

quote:
Originally posted by Banora
I don't even get a lunch break, even when I work a 12 hour shift

LOL

Sometimes I book a conference room for 3 hours and turn my phone off, just so I can have a nap.

>>> Beatport Stuff <<<

Old Post Jun-06-2012 19:43  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

TIL Banora works in a sweat shop

Old Post Jun-06-2012 19:48 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > FAO: Lira. A comprehensive guide on foreigners visiting the US
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown awesome track #1 [2013] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKing Unique - Sugarhigh (Original Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread