Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

Exclamation ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::

Hello everyone, and welcome to the TA DJ Challenge Series!

Challenges
Original threads
March 2009 - Genre Challenge Round 1
May 2009 - Genre Challenge Round 2
July 2009 - Genre Challenge Round 3
July 2010 - Genre Challenge Round 4
February 2011 - Genre Challenge Round 5
April 2012 - Genre Challenge Round 6

New Challenge series
January 2014 - Theme challenge
September 2014 - Genre challenge
September 2016 - Theme challenge 2

The Rules

The Theme Challenge will consist of a 45 minute to 120 minute mix, left to your own interpretation of the suggested theme, which will be posted after sign-ups are over. There are no prizes. All entries should be uploaded to your favorite file hosting site and posted after the sign-up date and before the due date. All participants should make an effort to listen to and review each mix that has been posted.

IF YOU SIGN UP AND DO NOT DO YOUR MIX, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN FUTURE COMPETITIONS!!!

Sign-ups will last a little over a month, starting today and lasting through JULY 23rd, @ 12 AM GMT. Simply enter your name and the theme you suggest. I will choose a theme at the end of the sign-up period and the mixing will begin. This challenge ends September 30thMonday, October 30th @ 12 AM GMT. Late signups are generally fine, and I also add extensions for people who are delayed on submitting their mix.

You may choose to drop out before the sign-up dates end, but once the challenge begins you cannot drop out.

Theme Mix schedule
Sign-ups begin: June 20th
Competition begins: July 23rd
Competition ends: September 30thMonday, October 30th

ChallengerThemeMix
ziptnfSummertime vibesElectric Summer
Mr. MysteryHorrorThe Demon Inside
the-sixthUrbanityUrbanity
AlphaStarredUnderwaterUnderwater Conspiracy
Sand LeaperPeak HoursPride Vibes
Mr Game+WatchDeep SouthDixie Flatline
djdkDrivingEscape To The West
planetaryplayerRooftop Party
LewsAutumn

Good luck and happy mixing!

Last edited by ziptnf on Jan-01-2018 at 18:52

Old Post Jun-20-2017 20:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Definitely in. Can't think of a theme suggestion right now since I just woke up...

Old Post Jun-21-2017 03:26  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Awesome, glad to hear you are in. I've got an idea, but I'm not sure how popular it will be:

Peak Hours

You are the headliner at a festival or event, play a set for the biggest crowd you can imagine.

Looking forward to seeing some other ideas!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Last edited by ziptnf on Jun-21-2017 at 12:53

Old Post Jun-21-2017 12:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Count Me In please

Theme..... I have no idea.

All my music is basiclly pre 2005

Old Post Jun-21-2017 14:19  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

I'm down.

Another theme to suggest: Summer Vibes
Peak Hours sounds pretty good too.

Old Post Jun-21-2017 19:41  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

My gear is actually set up properly now, so I need some motivation to make more mixes. I'll have a go.

As for a theme, how about under water / scuba diving?

Old Post Jun-21-2017 19:52  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred
I'm down.

Another theme to suggest: Summer Vibes
Peak Hours sounds pretty good too.

Yeah I was also thinking something like "Rooftop Party" as a theme.

Might be interesting to have a legit debate this time around, on both previous challenges the theme was decided on the first suggestion

Old Post Jun-21-2017 21:00 
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Maybe a driving theme?

Old Post Jun-21-2017 22:23  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I'm game, if I can get a pre-emptive extension to the end of October

Old Post Jun-22-2017 08:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
I'm game, if I can get a pre-emptive extension to the end of October

How certain are you that you can still make it by then? Even though I like you, rules are rules and if you aren't able to deliver by then you're out. I wouldn't sign up unless I was 100% certain I could do it before the deadline.

Old Post Jun-22-2017 15:26 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I could be in. Maybe. It depends on the theme that gets settled on. As fun as it would be to smash out a peak time set, is that really a "theme"?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-22-2017 18:19  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I could be in. Maybe. It depends on the theme that gets settled on. As fun as it would be to smash out a peak time set, is that really a "theme"?

Well why don't you start by driving the conversation on which one you prefer of the current ones suggested? I select the theme at the end of the signup period, but I will only select the one that has had the most amount of general support.

And yeah, I struggled with the same point you made while I was thinking of a theme. At the end of the day though, peak time sets will be different for different people, and it would be interesting to see how people would approach that "challenge" so to speak. Maybe a peak time set for someone is heavy psybreaks, and for someone else maybe a bunch of really introspective deep house. It just depends on who it is. Just a suggestion!

Old Post Jun-22-2017 18:30 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread