Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Need new DVS Interface, suggestions please.
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

I hear you - everyone on this forums knows my feelings when it comes to DVS; You stop playing an instrument and start playing a PC. The tactile relationship of having a physical vinyl that is the music means you're not disconnecting from the artistic form of playing but that is broken the moment you look at the screen and start engaging the left brain side.

Ideally, I'd love a tiny screen by my decks that I have to look at (not stare at the entire time) and is purely used for loading up the next track. The less engagement with the computer the better,=.

Then there's a sound argument and although vinyl technically isn't as clean as a digital copy, I so much prefer how it sounds through my needles and vestax mixer.

Realistically though, I've bought less than 10 vinyls in the last two years and given my constraints having every track I ever need a few clicks away is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Phase just takes the annoying part of out DVS. It doesn't change the art as such - there's nothing you can do on phase that you can't do on Traktor or Serato. It mainly just solved a problem with timecode, the annoying the 1kh tone etc.

Old Post Jun-18-2019 22:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Kinda off topic..

Looks like Beatport has a subscription service to their whole catalogue.

Old Post Jun-20-2019 01:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Wat?

You mean, pay a monthly fee and get it all?

Old Post Jun-20-2019 18:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Yeah it's called Beatport Link, where you can stream everything onto the supported dj software.

Old Post Jun-20-2019 21:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Oh there is Beatport cloud too, this ones interesting because you can preview the whole track and re download any track you lost like from a broken HD or computer.

https://www.beatport.com/subscriptions

Old Post Jun-20-2019 23:19  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Hides in Shadow
Yeah it's called Beatport Link, where you can stream everything onto the supported dj software.

They're streaming though. They've realized that it's cheaper to pay artists streaming rates than sell music.

It's only streaming though - they use the term "redownload" but AFAICT it just means streaming as many times as you want.

There's no way I'd ever rely on wifi during a set so it's a pass for me.

Old Post Jun-20-2019 23:45 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

It's only streaming though - they use the term "redownload" but AFAICT it just means streaming as many times as you want.

Oh frak it then, there are so many tracks I want back that I lost from a damaged HD.

Old Post Jun-21-2019 04:11  United States
Freak
Insert witty comment here

It would take a special kind of crazy person to rely on streaming for a set....

Old Post Jun-21-2019 14:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

LOL tell that to Beatport.

Old Post Jun-21-2019 16:01  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Freak
It would take a special kind of crazy person to rely on streaming for a set....

Yep.

There's already enough shit to go wrong, but fuck it, lets rely on wifi or even better your phone data connection, in a club while playing out.

@Jaun

I think they're aiming at the bedroom DJ market (which in fairness is massive) and maybe the corporate/mobile DJ where you're you're doing a set in a office building or conference space.

Again, you'd still have to be nuts, but being able to fulfill every request for a track is how some DJ's make a living *shudders*

Old Post Jun-21-2019 17:49 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

What about weddings? and dance parties and the community stuff and what not.

Old Post Jun-21-2019 20:20  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

So phase sent out an email allowing 200 people to join their beta V2 firmware. They're testing the gestures and new stability and calibration fixes.

be interesting to see what they've come up with - I'm really eager to see if they've figured out a gesture for the CUE button. That would be a gamechanger.

Old Post Jul-26-2019 20:46 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Need new DVS Interface, suggestions please.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack from HBO Hard Knocks [2009] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFreeform Five - "Perspex Sex" (Ewan's Hi-NRG Rmx) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread