Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > a Progressive music thread [youtubes, sets, news]
Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Yea, scene's nicely varied over here. Tone Depth has been playing a lot lately and people have been saying good things about his set. Opened at Stereo on Friday night for Sander Klinenberg and those who went say that he was the highlight. I'm guessing he plays mostly a mix of progressive house and big room techno.

Hernan is playing here soon too but it's at a "massive" which means that if you wanna go see him you have to pay $80 for a ticket and hear a whole bunch of DJs before him in which you probably have no interest whatsoever.

Hmm, what else? Henry Saiz was actually here a few weeks ago but I didn't go due to personal (religious) reasons. Sad that I missed that.

Otherwise, it's a mixed bag really. I actually highlighted sme of the main problems with MTL's EDM scene in the following thread, so you can check it out: http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...5&forumid=57&s=

There's a guy I kinda know who recently started a progressive house night at Circus which I believe is supposed to take place once a month or so. I don't know how good he is though. Listened to a recording from the first event they had and I was really unimpressed. My favorite club here though is Salon Daome which is small and mostly plays house music. Hopefully I can muster up the courage to in the not-too-distant future to promote myself as a DJ as well. Just not sure what direction I would take when that day comes.

very interesting thread dude. i bet its like that everywhere, every single city. it seems to be a combination of what you said, nostalgia but more than likely, effective marketing. doubt the clubs care as much about good diverse and special music rather than making money, its just how it works. i always joke to myself, if i won the lottery the sht i can pull.
good luck with starting out your club dj career, you run good sets, i bet much better than headliners... but can you sell yourself? /whore. i dont know shit about that either, im trying to build a reputation by making tracks, although i love djing myself, im just not a club machine person and i doubt i would be successful at promoting at all.

Old Post Oct-03-2010 21:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Yea, but it's tough, because MTL is a me, me, me! kind of city. Everybody wants to be a DJ, everybody wants to organize their own nights, and everybody wants to book the DJs that they personally want to see/hear. At least that's how it seems to me. Honestly, I don't know I'd have much success at all as a DJ. Through sheer coincidence I have come to know several people who organize parties in this city, and I'm hoping that maybe one day one of them will give me an opportunity to play, and the hope is that I'd be able to make a really good impression if that day comes. But yea, it's more likely that I'd have any success at all if I started to produce my own tracks, which is something I've been wanting to do for some time now.

Anyway, let me know if you ever do decide to come here and check the scene out.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Oct-03-2010 21:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

deal.

back on track; i cannot wait for this track to be released.

Michael Burns pres. Blue Haze - How To Escape Yourself (Original Mix) - [Perspectives Digital] by Darin Epsilon

Old Post Oct-04-2010 00:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

Here's a terrific set I heard on DI last week. Pure progressive from start to finish.

DJ Nitemer...

Progressive 2004 by DJNITEMER

release.

Old Post Oct-04-2010 03:58  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for feelgood Click here to Send feelgood a Private Message Add feelgood to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

Oh and some Inkfish! Another super talented pair.

release.

Old Post Oct-04-2010 04:04  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for feelgood Click here to Send feelgood a Private Message Add feelgood to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by feelgood
Oh and some Inkfish! Another super talented pair.

never heard that inkfish track, it is now my fav inkfish track!

Old Post Oct-04-2010 09:59  Canada
TheVrk
Mediterranean Canadian

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
some of the best and most talented prog house these days comes around hungary, and they have so many artists and djs there i cant possibly fathom to think they dont have a good prog scene there.

i live right next to Hungary and have been to a number of parties and have friends over there.
I've said in other threads in the past that it AMAZES me how insane for prog Hungary is.
NO DOUBT one of the prog capitals of the world when prog still WAS on top, let alone now.
---> back in its heyday, Global Underground officially sponsored a club in Kecel, Hungary (Corona) where all
their artists played there regularly, and every edition that was released would have an official GU night.
They still have all the posters, framed, up on the walls in there.

I went to see Sasha in Budapest in 2007 and it was mind-blowing.
Not only his set, but the vibe, the ppl...EVERYONE was dancing.
One of my fave memories was going to take a piss (which i hated doing coz i didnt wanna miss the madness)
and noticing that every dude in there was still groovin'...
Whether he was pissing, waiting in line, or washing his hands EVERY dude was groovin'!

That might not sound like much (altho to me it does) but the vast majority of places have so many ppl who are at a party just to be out and not coz of the music.
Ppl in Hungary genuinely know AND love it and it's so blatantly obvious that anyone would notice it.

Another good story :
my best friend in Budapest, Rita, went to a night Hernan played in 2004.
He was sched to play for 4 hrs from 1am-5am...
the place was so bonkers that Hernan refused to stop and played all the way thru 11am..the club's normal closing time is 7-8am.
Afterwards he insisted on continuing but they had to close, so he went to an afterparty next door where he played another 3 hrs to 400-500 ppl.

Are there words that can even describe how RETARDED that must have been?
How many places in the world does that happen??

The Hungarians are CRAAAAAZY for prog

ps goin to check out Hernan in Siofok, Hungary (an hr before Budapest) on Oct.30

Old Post Oct-06-2010 11:26  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for TheVrk Click here to Send TheVrk a Private Message Visit TheVrk's homepage! Add TheVrk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TheVrk
Mediterranean Canadian

My addition of the day :

Old Post Oct-06-2010 11:26  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for TheVrk Click here to Send TheVrk a Private Message Visit TheVrk's homepage! Add TheVrk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TheVrk
Mediterranean Canadian

mega tune...lol @ vid

Old Post Oct-06-2010 11:50  Croatia
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

More chab...

On another note.. i think in gonna spin a set with all the tunes from this thread tonight... yummmm.

release.

Old Post Oct-06-2010 12:54  Trinidad and Tobago
MSZ
godspeed

Matt G. - Etnikus Napok(inc. Maindave, Frangellico, CJ Art) (Mistiquemusic) [MIST092]

BEATPORT LINK <==

Release Date: Oct 3rd, 2010
» Progressive / Tribal
01. Etnikus Napok(Original mix)
02. Etnikus Napok(Maindave Du remix)
03. Etnikus Napok(Frangellico remix)
04. Etnikus Napok(CJ Art's Desert Mirage remix)

Old Post Oct-06-2010 21:17  Canada
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by TheVrk
i live right next to Hungary and have been to a number of parties and have friends over there.
I've said in other threads in the past that it AMAZES me how insane for prog Hungary is.
NO DOUBT one of the prog capitals of the world when prog still WAS on top, let alone now.
---> back in its heyday, Global Underground officially sponsored a club in Kecel, Hungary (Corona) where all
their artists played there regularly, and every edition that was released would have an official GU night.
They still have all the posters, framed, up on the walls in there.

I went to see Sasha in Budapest in 2007 and it was mind-blowing.
Not only his set, but the vibe, the ppl...EVERYONE was dancing.
One of my fave memories was going to take a piss (which i hated doing coz i didnt wanna miss the madness)
and noticing that every dude in there was still groovin'...
Whether he was pissing, waiting in line, or washing his hands EVERY dude was groovin'!

That might not sound like much (altho to me it does) but the vast majority of places have so many ppl who are at a party just to be out and not coz of the music.
Ppl in Hungary genuinely know AND love it and it's so blatantly obvious that anyone would notice it.

Another good story :
my best friend in Budapest, Rita, went to a night Hernan played in 2004.
He was sched to play for 4 hrs from 1am-5am...
the place was so bonkers that Hernan refused to stop and played all the way thru 11am..the club's normal closing time is 7-8am.
Afterwards he insisted on continuing but they had to close, so he went to an afterparty next door where he played another 3 hrs to 400-500 ppl.

Are there words that can even describe how RETARDED that must have been?
How many places in the world does that happen??

The Hungarians are CRAAAAAZY for prog

ps goin to check out Hernan in Siofok, Hungary (an hr before Budapest) on Oct.30

cool, i knew it :}

let us know how that show is bro, you are quite fortunate.

Old Post Oct-06-2010 21:31  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > a Progressive music thread [youtubes, sets, news]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHey guys... need help identifying this song [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFilterheadz - "Yimanya" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread