Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > System J's "TAs Share Their Classics" - Part II
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Magadansky
Trees of Psychedelia

Thank you very much zip and sisterbliss for the comments!

Samothrace Mysteries - An Oldschool Series

Like it dark? Click this!

Old Post Nov-03-2011 02:04  Bulgaria
Click Here to See the Profile for Magadansky Click here to Send Magadansky a Private Message Add Magadansky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

Sunsurge (Spike Witney) TA Classics mix 2

It's me again...

My second take on the classics mix. All these tracks have have affected me from the very first listen and hold significance due to varying amounts of nostalgia, impact and emotion. Dive in...

Way Out West - Chasing Rainbows
One of my favourite downtempo tracks that seems to be overlooked by many Way Out West fans.
Pole Folder feat. Shelley Harland - Fall in Violet
"When I fall in violet/ The waves hear me call/ When I fall in violet/ The skies are open/ To me"
Rogue Audio - Custom Made
Originally heard as the opening track of the Dave Seaman E-mix under the name Cass - Opiate. I searched high and low for it but to no avail. It was subsequently released under the Rogue Audio guise and given a more chilled tinge but still evokes those wonderful feelings I got the first time I heard it.
Memoryhouse - To The Lighthouse
An achingly beautiful and dreamy song. I can't recommend Memoryhouse enough.
Room 101 - New Speak
This track kicked off my first ever Windmill Sessions mix here on TranceAddict. No one seems to know of it but I absolutely love it.
Mango - Encanta (w/vocals taken from the documentary Gates of Heaven)
I had to include one of Mango's early works as his productions have had such an influence on my tastes. Features some poignant words from one of my favourite documentaries.
King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Running on Fumes
A winning combination of artists. I saw these guys play earlier this year on the south bank. Beautiful, soaring soundscapes.
The Cranberries - Linger
I'm a massive fan of The Cranberries. It's something about the lilting, breaking voice of Dolores O'Riordan and lush guitar licks the makes my hair stand on end.
Laura B - Midi A Minuit
Unbelievably I first heard this on a free CD from a Women's lifestyle magazine. The rest of the the CD was dross but this track captured my imagination. Love the soporific quality to the sound.
A Flock of Segulls - I Ran (so far away)
The 80s were a golden era for quality pop music. A Flock of Seagulls have about 4 tracks that could of made the cut for this mix. Expert hook-building.
Lisa Lougheed - Run With Us
You may know this song from the end credits of The Raccoons; a cartoon running from the mid 80s. Awash with nostalgia, if forced by gunpoint to do karaoke I would choose this tune.
Solarstone - Release
Along with Greenlight this is probably my favourite Solarstone production. Simple, hypnotic and fresh-sounding, I still play it today.
Espen & Elusive - Internet Hugs
Espen & Elusive aren't too well-known but as a production duo they were peerless for me. Such crisp, melodic production with a hook that grabs me every time.
Sonorous - Glass Garden
When I first heard Paul Van Dyk play this my jaw hit the floor.
Pulsar - Cloudwalking (Beat Pusher Remix)
Heard this track first on a Scott Mac mix on radio one, it sounded so unbelievably fresh and distinctive. Hugely euphoric.
Human Movement feat. Sophie Moleta - Love Has Come Again
What. A. Voice.

Running time: 01:23:49
Quality: 320kbps

Download:
Spike Witney - TA Classics Mix 2

060 Windmill Sessions Redux
(lush beats)

Old Post Nov-03-2011 16:03  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sunsurge Click here to Send sunsurge a Private Message Add sunsurge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

d/lin

Old Post Nov-03-2011 22:14  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

3rd listen now. Good stuff, some great tunes and transitions
I didn't like the transition from Lisa Lougheed to Solarstone, but that one seems quite difficult to pull off anyway

Old Post Nov-05-2011 20:58  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sisterbliss
licking the lollipop

i enjoyed your first set, this will be interesting. our first part 2!

Old Post Nov-05-2011 22:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sisterbliss Click here to Send sisterbliss a Private Message Add sisterbliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

I agree.

I don't think I logged in to thank Mag for doing October. I agree with Meg that your set, Mag, was very good. Every time I listen, it seems fuller, richer. It really "feels" like you. I enjoyed it. Thank you so much for contributing.

Spike Sun Surge, this looks great. Thank you. I'm downloading now.

Reminder to others, if you want to contribute to the TAs share their classics thread, send me a message and we'll work you into the schedule.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det vęsentlige er usynligt for ųjet.

Old Post Nov-05-2011 23:19  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Sunsurge (Spike Witney) TA Classics mix 2

quote:
Originally posted by sunsurge
It's me again...

My second take on the classics mix. All these tracks have have affected me from the very first listen and hold significance due to varying amounts of nostalgia, impact and emotion. Dive in...

Way Out West - Chasing Rainbows
One of my favourite downtempo tracks that seems to be overlooked by many Way Out West fans.
Pole Folder feat. Shelley Harland - Fall in Violet
"When I fall in violet/ The waves hear me call/ When I fall in violet/ The skies are open/ To me"
Rogue Audio - Custom Made
Originally heard as the opening track of the Dave Seaman E-mix under the name Cass - Opiate. I searched high and low for it but to no avail. It was subsequently released under the Rogue Audio guise and given a more chilled tinge but still evokes those wonderful feelings I got the first time I heard it.
Memoryhouse - To The Lighthouse
An achingly beautiful and dreamy song. I can't recommend Memoryhouse enough.
Room 101 - New Speak
This track kicked off my first ever Windmill Sessions mix here on TranceAddict. No one seems to know of it but I absolutely love it.
Mango - Encanta (w/vocals taken from the documentary Gates of Heaven)
I had to include one of Mango's early works as his productions have had such an influence on my tastes. Features some poignant words from one of my favourite documentaries.
King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Running on Fumes
A winning combination of artists. I saw these guys play earlier this year on the south bank. Beautiful, soaring soundscapes.
The Cranberries - Linger
I'm a massive fan of The Cranberries. It's something about the lilting, breaking voice of Dolores O'Riordan and lush guitar licks the makes my hair stand on end.
Laura B - Midi A Minuit
Unbelievably I first heard this on a free CD from a Women's lifestyle magazine. The rest of the the CD was dross but this track captured my imagination. Love the soporific quality to the sound.
A Flock of Segulls - I Ran (so far away)
The 80s were a golden era for quality pop music. A Flock of Seagulls have about 4 tracks that could of made the cut for this mix. Expert hook-building.
Lisa Lougheed - Run With Us
You may know this song from the end credits of The Raccoons; a cartoon running from the mid 80s. Awash with nostalgia, if forced by gunpoint to do karaoke I would choose this tune.
Solarstone - Release
Along with Greenlight this is probably my favourite Solarstone production. Simple, hypnotic and fresh-sounding, I still play it today.
Espen & Elusive - Internet Hugs
Espen & Elusive aren't too well-known but as a production duo they were peerless for me. Such crisp, melodic production with a hook that grabs me every time.
Sonorous - Glass Garden
When I first heard Paul Van Dyk play this my jaw hit the floor.
Pulsar - Cloudwalking (Beat Pusher Remix)
Heard this track first on a Scott Mac mix on radio one, it sounded so unbelievably fresh and distinctive. Hugely euphoric.
Human Movement feat. Sophie Moleta - Love Has Come Again
What. A. Voice.

Running time: 01:23:49
Quality: 320kbps

Download:
Spike Witney - TA Classics Mix 2

Seriously i don't know what you did here. You blended awful pop-tracks with trance and prog house? The middlepart was awfully bad. I quite liked the beginning though.

This problem i see in almost every mix in this thread. Stick with a genre and don't take sharp turns from a formula that just works instead of mixing shit tracks in it.

Old Post Nov-06-2011 19:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sisterbliss
licking the lollipop

Re: Re: Sunsurge (Spike Witney) TA Classics mix 2

quote:
Originally posted by dj christian
Stick with a genre

this would be totally contrary to the purpose of the exercise; u'd have to refer back to system j's original post in the original thread and i can't be arsed to link u to it. there probably are links to it in the first post of this thread

Old Post Nov-06-2011 21:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sisterbliss Click here to Send sisterbliss a Private Message Add sisterbliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Seriously i don't know what you did here. You blended awful pop-tracks with trance and prog house? The middlepart was awfully bad. I quite liked the beginning though.

This problem i see in almost every mix in this thread. Stick with a genre and don't take sharp turns from a formula that just works instead of mixing shit tracks in it.

Don't post your useless nonsense in threads when you don't understand the idea behind a collection of mixes. Those songs all mean something to him. If you weren't fucking retarded, you'd know these mixes aren't intended to show off anyone's DJ skills. I hope you get hit by a bus.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Nov-06-2011 22:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Sunsurge (Spike Witney) TA Classics mix 2

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Don't post your useless nonsense in threads when you don't understand the idea behind a collection of mixes. Those songs all mean something to him. If you weren't fucking retarded, you'd know these mixes aren't intended to show off anyone's DJ skills. I hope you get hit by a bus.

Well if it means something to him that's fine but i didn't particulary like his mix. Some mixes here are good and some are bad.

I don't feel like praising every god damn mix in here. I came with criticism and i stand by it.

And by your stupid comment it seems your dumb as a donkey.

And if i ever post my mix in here, feel free to pure crap over it, i couldn't care less.

Last edited by klappa on Nov-07-2011 at 01:28

Old Post Nov-06-2011 22:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

quote:

At the risk of repeating what has been said:

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
TAs Share Their Classics is the DJ forum's equivalent of compilations such as Back To Mine or Choice: A Collection Of Classics. Once a month I invite a TA to make a mix, no more than 80 minutes in length, of their personal favourite tracks in any genre. The records that influenced them, the records they've always wanted to play but perhaps never been able to fit into a set. The emphasis is on creating a mixtape-type set, with less focus on technical DJing ability and more focus on the tracks.

There be the rules.

Don't you think it would be a bit boring if everyone just picked tracks from their favourite genre? Yes, it would be cohesive but doesn't show much knowledge of what else is out there.

Thanks for listening anyway. Ha.

(lush beats)

Old Post Nov-06-2011 23:32  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sunsurge Click here to Send sunsurge a Private Message Add sunsurge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

quote:
Originally posted by netroM
3rd listen now. Good stuff, some great tunes and transitions
I didn't like the transition from Lisa Lougheed to Solarstone, but that one seems quite difficult to pull off anyway

Cheers for listening!

Hey give me a break Mixing those two tracks was a giggle.

(lush beats)

Old Post Nov-06-2011 23:33  England

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > System J's "TAs Share Their Classics" - Part II
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplease identify blue monday remix [2003] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThree Drives - "Carerra 2" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread