Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Apr-16-2012 18:27  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Just bought about 40 or so tracks, now to narrow them down... found some pretty good stuff thanks to the Melodic Techno thread and with some help from people I know on NeoGAF gaming message boards (who are big techno buffs)... this has the potential to come out really good... now to play around with all of these and work on programming!

Will definitely make the deadline, hopefully by next weekend I can do my first take or two. I am really pumped and want to make a mix fitting of Detroit Techno's legacy.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Apr-22-2012 01:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Ziptnf - Digital Force [hard trance]

I had a couple of choices to make when planning out this mix. Every producer seemed to have a slightly different interpretation of what the genre was during the golden age of hard trance. So I took this mix in a couple different directions. There's many hard trance tracks in here with flavors from other genres. This mix has some tough tunes, and I had an awesome time making it. Enjoy!

Cygnus X - Kinderlied (Part 1 & 2) [ID&T 2005]
Angel of Death - Everything [Tracid Traxxx 2002]
Acid Scout - Pot [disko B 1996]
Simon Patterson - Bulldozer [Reset 2007]
The Green Martian - Electronic Fantastic (Kompressor Remix) [B-Music 2004]
A*S*Y*S* - Acid Nightmare [Tracid Traxxx 2005]
Synthetic - The Mummy [Tip 2001]
Walt - Bring the Pain [Purple Eye 2004]
Thilo & Evanti - System Addict [Straight On Black 2004]
Ace Da Brain - Depths of Doom [Venom 2005]
Dave Joy - Second Chase (Alphazone Mix) [Planet Traxx 2002]
Nightflight - Desire [Waterworld 2004]

Ziptnf - Digital Force (1:10:07) 129MB ~256kbps

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Apr-22-2012 02:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

Gave this mix a listen Nick, good stuff. You managed to pick a number of tunes I would have recommended that verge on that dark, hardstyle side that I used to hammer a few years back where I was a hard trance jock. I liked that first track too, hadn't heard that one before. I guess I would have liked maybe a couple of more recent tracks as there has still been the odd decent hard trance release here and there.
One thing I did notice was a bit of phase cancellation with the kicks during the transitions which is all down to EQing but that a quite a common mistake mixing hard trance/hardstyle, but that's not a big deal really as the mix is tight and generally flows well and it's probably a better effort than the mix I put together this round.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 18:59  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Frenkieee
mighty real

Re: Ziptnf - Digital Force [hard trance]

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Cygnus X - Kinderlied (Part 1 & 2) [ID&T 2005]
Angel of Death - Everything [Tracid Traxxx 2002]
Acid Scout - Pot [disko B 1996]
Simon Patterson - Bulldozer [Reset 2007]
The Green Martian - Electronic Fantastic (Kompressor Remix) [B-Music 2004]
A*S*Y*S* - Acid Nightmare [Tracid Traxxx 2005]
Synthetic - The Mummy [Tip 2001]
Walt - Bring the Pain [Purple Eye 2004]
Thilo & Evanti - System Addict [Straight On Black 2004]
Ace Da Brain - Depths of Doom [Venom 2005]
Dave Joy - Second Chase (Alphazone Mix) [Planet Traxx 2002]
Nightflight - Desire [Waterworld 2004]

I'm gonna check this out solely for Bring The Pain, which I absolutely loved back then

edit: listening to it now makes me remember it was the Marcel Woods remix

Last edited by Frenkieee on Apr-22-2012 at 19:50

Old Post Apr-22-2012 19:16  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Frenkieee Click here to Send Frenkieee a Private Message Add Frenkieee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Teezdalien
Gave this mix a listen Nick, good stuff. You managed to pick a number of tunes I would have recommended that verge on that dark, hardstyle side that I used to hammer a few years back where I was a hard trance jock. I liked that first track too, hadn't heard that one before. I guess I would have liked maybe a couple of more recent tracks as there has still been the odd decent hard trance release here and there.
One thing I did notice was a bit of phase cancellation with the kicks during the transitions which is all down to EQing but that a quite a common mistake mixing hard trance/hardstyle, but that's not a big deal really as the mix is tight and generally flows well and it's probably a better effort than the mix I put together this round.

Hey man, thanks. I specifically avoided new Hard Trance releases, because I felt like anyone could just check out a new release and be done with it. I wanted to dig deep through older tracks to find ones I liked, so I could keep the mix somewhat 'vintage'

As far as the EQing, I don't want to blame my headphones completely, but they were plugged into the wrong input for half the set. That's mainly my fault, I should have paid more attention to the lower frequencies. Hopefully the errors aren't too significant. Thanks for listening anyway, half those recommendations came from you

I'll check out your DnB set when things calm down a little bit at work.

quote:
Originally posted by Frenkieee
I'm gonna check this out solely for Bring The Pain, which I absolutely loved back then

edit: listening to it now makes me remember it was the Marcel Woods remix

That one is pretty good. Not a fan of the vocals, but it's pretty heavy. That one and the Thilo & Evanti track are pretty hardstyle-esque. Thanks for listening!

quote:
Originally posted by Euforix
This is mix is good in 2 ways. First it has a good track selection. Secondly it gave me a good laugh to see how HC psy fan you are when you use a TIP.World-record in a hard trance mix.

The Cygnus X track has a predominantly goa-feel and the Synthetic track is very much in the realm of "hard psy", so I felt compelled to include it

Hope some of you others check it out!

Old Post Apr-23-2012 16:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

Nicely done, Zip. Inevitably, I didn't much care for a lot of the tunes, but this still reminded me of the old days of Warmduscher's old show SSL Pickup, before he starting playing awful hardstyle. All the German hard trance guys like Hennes & Cold, Kaylab, Kai Tracid and so on would play there. They would often stray from the expected path with records outside of hard trance, yet still always have hard trance as a point of reference, just like you did here. Also appreciated that this mix didn't drag much, riddled with breakdowns as the genre is.

Old Post Apr-23-2012 22:05  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lostpsyte
Suspended User

Nice hard trance set, especially since there's plenty I've downloaded that have been total shit.

Old Post Apr-26-2012 03:40  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for lostpsyte Click here to Send lostpsyte a Private Message Add lostpsyte to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Nicely done, Zip. Inevitably, I didn't much care for a lot of the tunes, but this still reminded me of the old days of Warmduscher's old show SSL Pickup, before he starting playing awful hardstyle. All the German hard trance guys like Hennes & Cold, Kaylab, Kai Tracid and so on would play there. They would often stray from the expected path with records outside of hard trance, yet still always have hard trance as a point of reference, just like you did here. Also appreciated that this mix didn't drag much, riddled with breakdowns as the genre is.

Thank you Jan. I appreciate the comments. I honestly knew nothing about hard trance, but when given the chance to make a mix in this style with some of my own flavors, this is what came out.

quote:
Originally posted by lostpsyte
Nice hard trance set, especially since there's plenty I've downloaded that have been total shit.

Excellent, I'm glad this one wasn't total shit

Old Post Apr-26-2012 13:23 
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Teezdalien
Ok.. so I ran a bit over 80 mins, but here's my mix for this round. I'd like to do it it again but I'm going to be quite busy over the next few weeks, so I've decided to settle for this mix otherwise I doubt I'd submit at all. I'll warn now, it's not my best mix lol, it kin of wanders around a bit, I found it hard to give a clear direction for the mix with this specific strain of dnb alone, not at all saying it can't be done, I'd just need to be able to devote a lot more time to it, but I hope it's at least a somewhat half decent attempt at mixing this style.
Again I've tried to cover tunes that I feel best represent this genre, from classics to some quite recent tracks.

Teezdalien - Vertigo Soul (Atmospheric Drum n Bass)

1. Sounds Of Life - Release The Bells [Certificate 18]
2. Seba & Lotek - So Long [Looking Good Records]
3. ASC - Oceanography [Subtle Audio]
4. PFM - For All Of Us [Good Looking Records]
5. Future Bound - Blue Mist [Timeless Recordings]
6. Poseidon - Tensions Of The Sea [Looking Good Records]
7. Parallel - The Deeper We Go [Digibeat Music]
8. KMC - Magnetic Clouds [Temple Music]
9. Personelle - Rebound (Nookie Remix) [LME Records]
10. Naibu - AKI [Breakin]
11. Omni Trio - Beyond The Fundamental (Big Bud Remix)[Moving Shadow]
12. Infuzoria & Sad - Walking Together In The Dark Blue Darkness [Mastik]
13. Grimm, Atmospherix, Blue Motion - Lay Back [Future Thinkin Records]
14. Sunchase, Electrosoul System - Alluvion [Camino Blue Recordings]
15. Eveson - Deeper Green [Liquid V]
16. Seba & Paradox - No Words Can Describe It [Secret Operations]
17. Mykra - System Sound [Mykrawaves]
18. Cryo - Girls And Their Demons [Covert Operations Recordings]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48260608/Vertigo%20Soul.mp3

This was a good effort, I really enjoyed listening to it. I liked a lot of the tracks. You managed to pick the right style of DNB also, where it was loop-oriented and sorta techno influenced. I enjoyed it a lot. Mixing was decent, couple errors here and there, but nothing too worrisome. Nice work.

Old Post Apr-26-2012 13:25 
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I thought your mix sounded a bit more like Tech-Trance but I guess there isn't really that much of a difference between the two genres.

Old Post Apr-26-2012 14:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
This was a good effort, I really enjoyed listening to it. I liked a lot of the tracks. You managed to pick the right style of DNB also, where it was loop-oriented and sorta techno influenced. I enjoyed it a lot. Mixing was decent, couple errors here and there, but nothing too worrisome. Nice work.

Thanks mate, yeah I've got some gripes with a few of the transitions and would probably pull one or two tracks out of it if I mixed it again which I would have liked, but I'm busy preparing for a few other gigs coming up very soon.
I think I'll do another drum n bass mix but with a bit more variance style wise. I'm actually hoping now I got my hands on the S4 to post mixes here more often again, but also spending so much time with production these days makes it a bit harder too.
Appreciate the feedback.

Old Post Apr-26-2012 18:38  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktune id' from 1999 progressive trance' ta! [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Jamie - Release [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread