Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Why do YOU like making Tracks?
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
cryophonik
Boom shanka

I definitely like the creative part of it best, and I find times when I just have little/no interest in doing the technical (e.g., mixing) part. I also like the social aspect of making music, whether it's working with the singers, collaborating with other musicians/producers, or just talking about it on forums.

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
Ye olde guys, how long have you been making music?(hope its a great amount of years) Your hearing is declining, better make it whilst you still can!

I've been making music in more or less the same capacity that I am now for about 8 years, but was gigging, recording, mixing, etc. for nearly 20 years prior to that.

I've always taken goo care of my ears and I haven't noticed much, if any, decline in my hearing, but my vision started to go a little over a year ago and I had to get reading/computer glasses - it's continuing to decline, though.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post May-14-2012 01:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by meriter
I actually hate the act of doing it. There's nothing enjoyable about hunching over a computer sitting in one place for hours and listening to the same loops over and over again, it's not the same as playing an instrument. It is different however in that instead of supplying just one part of a musical piece you can create the entire thing, and it's yours, kind of like how an artist creates a vision through a painting or an author writes a story

It's about the end result and, like every artform, it's about healing and communicating life experiences to others in a higher language

I'm assuming most of the producers here have little side-projects that are more honest and personal than 4 on the floor dance music.. what I'm talking about doesn't really apply to dance music but the other stuff that probably doesn't see the light of day

I was kind of going to say the same thing. I don't think doing anything great, or trying to get to the point of being great, is fun.

I completely agree that art (good art) is about communicating life, especially in my opinion the highs and lows, though I think saying 'in a higher language' is a bit overdoing it

My Soundcloud

Old Post May-14-2012 01:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

I like to express how i feel when i make tracks. THe end result comes out beautiful.

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post May-14-2012 02:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djshire
Supreme tranceaddict

I love creating music.

Old Post May-14-2012 04:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djshire Click here to Send djshire a Private Message Add djshire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

Because the voices in my head sound way cooler with a fat beat on top.

Old Post May-14-2012 14:08  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

When we're deep into a session, what goes through our mind at the moment when we sit back and listen to say the main drop? I tend to get this image of an appreciative crowd. I guess thats like someone doing the air guitar in thier bedroom, imagining a grateful crowd.

There's somthing in the validation given by others.

Started making films recently, have finished 2. I enjoyed it as much as producing actually. Very satisfying.

Old Post May-14-2012 14:54  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler

Started making films recently, have finished 2. I enjoyed it as much as producing actually. Very satisfying.

You'll need some ****** to do the soundtrack then.

Old Post May-14-2012 15:36  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
When we're deep into a session, what goes through our mind at the moment when we sit back and listen to say the main drop? I tend to get this image of an appreciative crowd. I guess thats like someone doing the air guitar in thier bedroom, imagining a grateful crowd.

There's somthing in the validation given by others.

so your motive is to be popular and adulated ? kinda pathetic. You basically make music so people will think you are cool. Say that 10 times and tell me you aren't pathetic.

Old Post May-14-2012 15:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stuart Silver
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
so your motive is to be popular and adulated ? kinda pathetic. You basically make music so people will think you are cool. Say that 10 times and tell me you aren't pathetic.

Ha! - think you may have taken that a bit too literally.

Nothing wrong with wanting to see other people enjoy your music, after all surely that's one of the signs that you're shit at producing EDM - no one dancing

Old Post May-14-2012 16:09  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Stuart Silver Click here to Send Stuart Silver a Private Message Add Stuart Silver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
so your motive is to be popular and adulated ? kinda pathetic. You basically make music so people will think you are cool.

Yes.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post May-14-2012 16:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deillon
Supreme tranceaddict

I want to be like Afrojack and fuck Paris Hilton

Old Post May-14-2012 16:21  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Deillon Click here to Send Deillon a Private Message Add Deillon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Excess
Somewhere, Out There

for me, the start was simply a challenge to see if i could learn and produce a full length song. now i just enjoy being able to sit down and write music at the end of the day. honestly haven't seen a project through to the end in a good while now, but tons of projects that i truly feel an attachment to when listening back because i actually put myself that day into the song. feelsgoodman

Old Post May-14-2012 16:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Excess Click here to Send Excess a Private Message Visit Excess's homepage! Add Excess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Why do YOU like making Tracks?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHard trance tune from mid to late 90's. [2015] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSvenson & Gielen - Unknown Pleasure (Dub Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread