Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Axwell?? I highly doubt Taimur would book Axwell....pretty sure that's a baaaaad rumor bro

paco, dubfire, lawler, etc arent big names. The biggest, aka most commercial, they will get is probably Sasha.

Since when do you speak for Taimur? Doing Blk|market is completely different from being in charge of the music of a whole club every weekend for 3 nights. It's a business; I'm sure we will all be a bit surprised when we see a headliner we wouldn't expect @ Blk|Market, but you seriously have to separate Blk|Market from D36 or you're bound to be disappointed.

Dubfire and Lawler are big names. Where have you been the past 10 years? Ali has a big following from when he was Deep Dish with Sharam, plus all the new following from switching to techno. Lawler has been a heavyweight for years, his nubreed compilation got him out all around the world ever since it came out. Paco isn't exactly big, but he's becoming more recognizable with every visit to NY.

Old Post Oct-07-2010 01:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
...(long breath)

paco ehh MAYBE just MAYBEEE u can argue isnt a big name-altho i beg to differ- but DEFINITELY way up there for the time hes been around...but dubfire and, seriously, lawler???

i hope ur not basing ur big name knowledge on the top 100 mag list djs

dude, I'm not talking about big names in our little world, I'm talking about big names to normral people that pack out pacha and clubs around the country. Let me put it in easy to understand terms.....D36 will have Sunday School lineups, not Hilltop/Mainstage djs. This is a good thing....I'm just trying to say that hopefully with the talent they are booking the place won't be an absolute Zoo.

Old Post Oct-07-2010 02:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Burak14
Supreme tranceaddict

so this place is not gonna do trance parties at all?

Old Post Oct-07-2010 02:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Burak14 Click here to Send Burak14 a Private Message Add Burak14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

quote:
Originally posted by Burak14
so this place is not gonna do trance parties at all?

hahah ooooh burak! I love ya bro.

Old Post Oct-07-2010 02:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
dude, I'm not talking about big names in our little world, I'm talking about big names to normral people that pack out pacha and clubs around the country. Let me put it in easy to understand terms.....D36 will have Sunday School lineups, not Hilltop/Mainstage djs. This is a good thing....I'm just trying to say that hopefully with the talent they are booking the place won't be an absolute Zoo.

i kinda get at what your sayin...but deffff disagree at what you said before about those guys i said before as "not being big names"
for new years day paco had a good size crowd
and for lawler and dubfire when they were at pacha i heard it was pretty packed...again friday nights will probly be for the more experimental/underground dj's
sat nights will be more headliner type guys, except for the nights calderone is there

burak-
i doubt it for now bro...but the people doing the bookings said they were influenced by twilo/arc and they did have some trance it was mostly underground guys
so hopefully down the road they will have something
iam hopeing maybe airwave,m.i.k.e.,j00f,activa etc etc not the sooo big trance dj's
we will see tho

Old Post Oct-07-2010 02:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Burak14
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR

burak-
i doubt it for now bro...but the people doing the bookings said they were influenced by twilo/arc and they did have some trance it was mostly underground guys
so hopefully down the road they will have something
iam hopeing maybe airwave,m.i.k.e.,j00f,activa etc etc not the sooo big trance dj's
we will see tho

yea, i heard through someone that the owner wants to do trance parties on saturdays at one point and focus on top 10 trance djs.. but i don't see it happening any time soon.

Old Post Oct-07-2010 02:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Burak14 Click here to Send Burak14 a Private Message Add Burak14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by Burak14
yea, i heard through someone that the owner wants to do trance parties on saturdays at one point and focus on top 10 trance djs.. but i don't see it happening any time soon.

nah bro...iant tryin to see team armin in there lol
i will stay home

Old Post Oct-07-2010 02:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

I'd like to see Armin back at Pacha for a nice 6 hour set. He hasn't spun in a club here since like 2007

Old Post Oct-07-2010 02:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
I'd like to see Armin back at Pacha for a nice 6 hour set. He hasn't spun in a club here since like 2007

that was a good set and in the snow lol
i mean if people still like him these days good for them
but overall his sound has changed alot i dont think i would enjoy it
he's just too commercial and predictable now
no more underground and driving epic/melodic stuff

Old Post Oct-07-2010 02:42  United States
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR

and for lawler and dubfire when they were at pacha i heard it was pretty packed...

both nites were beat.com....

lawler doesn't draw at Pacha hence why they moved him to Santos

Old Post Oct-07-2010 03:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Eco
in yo mouf

quote:
Originally posted by PvDoBseSSioN
and as much as european dj's like rotary mixers.... there has to be room for a standard 4 channel too

Rotary mixers are a New York thing... Give Danny Tenaglia or Victor Calderone a rotary, and their eyes would probably beam with excitement..

From my experience, European DJs HAAAAATE rotaries. You see a look in their eyes when they walk into the booth, a look of fear lol.. Most of the time, their contract will stipulate the kind of mixer to be used, usually the Pioneers..

Old Post Oct-07-2010 04:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Eco Click here to Send DJ Eco a Private Message Visit DJ Eco's homepage! Add DJ Eco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by EliPsE
I don't know that booth looks kind of weird. It doesn't seem like a good setup for cdjs/laptop/midi controller

thats the best part about the booth

oldschool baby!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by pyro264jb on Oct-07-2010 at 04:19

Old Post Oct-07-2010 04:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTech-House 2006 [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStarparty - "I'm in Love" (Ferry Corsten & Robert Smit Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread